PDA

View Full Version : Just finished and... (spoilers)

Howie
03-07-2007, 09:57 PM
Ok so I just ran through normal with my conjurer whose level 55. Let me just say I have both pets maxed on every ability on their trees +2 extra and my pets were getting hammered. My Lich King can usually tank like 10 guys on Legendary and not die, I was re summoning like every 5 minutes and this was on normal.

These monsters hit "hard".

Hades was really easy, and oddly enough the game said that undead Typhon was a higher level then Hades.

Now a few questions:

I got 4 stones, flame, venom, frost, and soul and I didn't use them. All my quest in my journal are complete. Did I miss a quest?

Also what was the point of unlocking the souls near hades or was that just to make me feel all warm inside?

Darth Executor
03-07-2007, 10:04 PM
I believe you need the 4 stones to get to hades.

Infares
03-07-2007, 10:05 PM
You can't compare pets' performance in Normal with that in later difficulties, they actually get better in later difficulties than they do in earlier ones.

Xargon
03-07-2007, 10:13 PM
Hm, your lich king is getting crushed? I'm playing a conjurer myself, and have to regularly resummon the core dweller, but the lich king usually lasts pretty long (only takes little damage with that damage absorption). The only creature killing all of my pets (including the lich king and the outsider) in about no time is the gigantes dactyl... don't know if its ranged wave attack still kills me in one hit (I've gotten quite a lot of damage resistance lately which works wonders against the rest of the gigantes), but it surely did without the damage resistance and I don't really want to try if not absolutely necessary ;)
I agree that Hades is a joke with a conjurer... I mean, if he hits, it's instakill with some attacks (not with all), but evading his attacks until he targets one of the pets again is pretty easy. And he goes down in about no time.

The 4 stones are required for the Hades' treasury quest. Go a bit backwards from the Plains of Judgement portal (just down the stairs and a few steps to the upper left), there is some kind of temple nearby where you have to use the 4 stones to open the door to the treasury. Even if the treasure is not as spectacular as expected, you get 600k xp.

Unlocking the souls is mostly just for fun, I think (like in the demon camp). In some cells there are chests, but that's it. Nothing special.

edit: ooops, missed the "normal", I thought you were talking about legendary (because of the level, too). Yeah, I agree especially the lich king goes down very quickly on normal, noticed that when I ran through normal too.

Mindless
03-08-2007, 07:20 AM
I don't see the fun in running it through on normal with a 55 Conjurer. Normal took me 30 mins to finish when I ran it through (after completing legendary). What a bad way to spoil the game without actually playing it on the difficulty you normaly play on. Oh well, each to their own I suppose.

Howie
03-08-2007, 09:28 AM
First of all I wanted to run through starting at normal to get all the extra stats/points I would get and might need for legendary. Also I find is hard to believe it only took 30 mins to run through normal unless you skipped every side quest possible and skipped by every monster even then I'm thinking it had to take at least an hr.

Mindless
03-08-2007, 10:48 AM
First of all I wanted to run through starting at normal to get all the extra stats/points I would get and might need for legendary. Also I find is hard to believe it only took 30 mins to run through normal unless you skipped every side quest possible and skipped by every monster even then I'm thinking it had to take at least an hr.

I just ran from Rhodes to Hades. Not stopping once except when taking the portals. ;)

Infares
03-08-2007, 01:42 PM
I just ran from Rhodes to Hades. Not stopping once except when taking the portals. ;)

No side quests?

Only Side Quest I'm avoiding is Stygian Lurker, cuz it's bugged.

Incinerate
03-08-2007, 03:27 PM
No side quests?

Only Side Quest I'm avoiding is Stygian Lurker, cuz it's bugged.

Aye Hades General's is bugged as well I'm afraid Infares, I'd avoid doing both if you can on every difficulty.

I've posted both up in the appropiate forum for IL to review.

Regards,

Incinerate.

loipon123
03-08-2007, 08:31 PM
Well, if what you say incinerate is true (i hope not), then I would be greatly disappointed. I had a lvl 63 conqueror, and I did normal and epic esp for the quests that involved the extra dmg, skils and stats. I don't have much time so if this is the case I will feel terrible... I haven't checked my stats and if someone knows better, please post

Xargon
03-08-2007, 08:53 PM
I did the quests on all difficulties and already noticed something was strange with the attribute/damage bonus... eventually, I thought that only the best of the three difficulties would count, i.e. you get only the reward for the quests on legendary difficulty (if you have done them). But I'm unsure about that... in your running game, they will add up (so if you have done the quests on legendary and are doing it on epic, you will have both bonuses added together), but once you start a new game, it will be down to the legendary bonus again.
This is what I supposed... however, I didn't really investigate it that closely because I had already done the quests anyway...