PDA

View Full Version : Defenders: Reslience no longers gives -recharge to other skills

drdorf
03-07-2007, 07:38 PM
I just installed immortal throne today and my warden sucks now! No longer can I stay in permanent colossus form because reslience no longer seems to affect anything other than the cool down on itself. Yes, I know this is the actual skill description, but I wanted to share this so other people didn't make a new templar thinking they were still going to get permanent colossus form without some heavy -recharge gear investment. If for some reason this is a bug and this is only happening to me, please let me know so I can try to do something about it. Thanks.

Impulsand
03-07-2007, 07:56 PM
It was supposed to be fixed before 1.20 to work that way... to my understanding. However, I don't like the way it works now. Ah well.

Infares
03-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Life Drain was also fixed, in 1.20 you could swing your weapon immediately after casting Life Drain and you could cast it with 0 Energy cost and 0 Recharge.

Mindless
03-07-2007, 08:28 PM
I wasn't really worried about Resilience when I made my Templar. The skill still serves it's purpose for me, and that's lots, and lots of HP regen. As for the recharge rate... I couldn't care less.

o b l i v i o n
03-07-2007, 10:54 PM
that recharge was one of the best things it had... this is really sad... :(

Whisk33
03-07-2007, 11:55 PM
WOE WOE WOE IS ME!! Sadness reigns in my mortal heart. They finally fixed it eh? On the bonus note they didnt fix it for the 1.3 patch mufasa!! very disappointing though it was definately coming... sniff sniff.

maul
03-08-2007, 12:01 AM
It's the only bug I wish they never fixed!! :(

Minervian
03-08-2007, 12:11 AM
We'll get used to it! :) Just like 1.20 Refresh. :(

Infares
03-08-2007, 12:14 AM
1.20 refresh was a nerf. Resilience was bugged to begin with, so was Life Drain (although people never used Life Drain.)

maul
03-08-2007, 12:24 AM
We'll get used to it! :) Just like 1.20 Refresh. :(

Hmm you can say that because your defense char is still young :D But that is bad news for my warden and conqueror :[

r00ster
03-08-2007, 12:37 AM
I did enjoy the abuse of this alot (see sig on how many def, based toons in TQ). However I realise thats what it was... abuse... I would run with perma rally, or shield smash every second... or perma squalls and freezing... pretty much any move I had on any toon with defense mastery...so yeah I guess a nerf was in order,... fun while it lasted :)

Minervian
03-08-2007, 01:30 AM
Hmm you can say that because your defense char is still young :D But that is bad news for my warden and conqueror :[

I guess so! And my spellbinder is middle-aged :)

Equip more -recharge stuff?

Well anyway we all know Defense is overpowered yeah....

Maestro
03-08-2007, 01:31 AM
yeah, I disagree. Resilience still rocks for the fact it lets Adrenaline re-activate often and coupled with Rally your health regen shoots through the roof which is great during heated battles and reduces the need to carry around a bunch of health potions.

Whisk33
03-08-2007, 09:24 AM
yeah, I disagree. Resilience still rocks for the fact it lets Adrenaline re-activate often ...

Yeah but whats the cool down on adren? And how long does it last? It certainly frees up a ton of skill points thats for sure. With my Trackers hood and Odessyus armor and stone binder cuff I have on I definately do not need more than 1 base point in it. I'm still mourning... though I am ready to meet my challenge head on. I come to begin my quest on IT tonight.

Violet Gas S'Ngac
03-15-2007, 07:57 AM
Today I has found out, that in IT suffix Focus on a shield does not give -Recharge%!!! Has checked up in classic TQ - everything is all right. It is a bug or suffix Recharge really does not work any more?

Whisk33
03-15-2007, 09:42 AM
Today I has found out, that in IT suffix Focus on a shield does not give -Recharge%!!! Has checked up in classic TQ - everything is all right. It is a bug or suffix Recharge really does not work any more?

It is a little hard to understand... Focus is second skill in the Battle Awarness tree... That skill (focus) does not give any kind of -%recharge. Resilience (the second skill in the adreniline tree) gives a -%recharge. Before TQ:Immortal Throne the Resilience bonus was bugged and applied to everything. This was a bug and was corrected in TQ:Immortal Throne. In Classic Titan Quest:1.3 it is still bugged. Hopefully that clears things up. If not just try again.

Telefrog
03-15-2007, 10:21 AM
It's weird that it's still bugged in the original game, but working correctly in the expansion. Apparently, whatever is causing the bug isn't something that can be corrected in a "simple" patch.

Whisk33
03-15-2007, 11:28 AM
It's weird that it's still bugged in the original game, but working correctly in the expansion. Apparently, whatever is causing the bug isn't something that can be corrected in a "simple" patch.

It mostly can be fixed in a patch and was just leftout/forgotten. IT probably took priority, but they have fixed and altered other similar attributes in the game. As well as there are a bunch of skills that follow the same logic as adreniline (Flame surge, Traps, regrowth) Really it is amazing that they let it go on for so long.

Violet Gas S'Ngac
03-15-2007, 09:57 PM
It is a little hard to understand... Focus is second skill in the Battle Awarness tree
No, I did not mean skill Focus, I meant a suffix of item shield (such as Concentration, Herculian and others). Suffix Focus for some reason does not work :(

Whisk33
03-16-2007, 08:48 AM
No, I did not mean skill Focus, I meant a suffix of item shield (such as Concentration, Herculian and others). Suffix Focus for some reason does not work :(

I havent tried it, next time I see it I will see what happens.