PDA

View Full Version : dammnit best buy!!!

ward_rb
03-06-2007, 11:58 PM
so i pre-ordered IT from best buy. my game hasnt arrived yet....i check my email to see if its at least shipped and now im pissed. my order is listed as backordered, allow 1-2 weeks to be shipped. and the kicker is, its listed as in stock at 3 or 4 best buy stores in my area!!!!

when i get outta class tomorrow im giving them a call and having them either change my order to an in store pickup, or making them give me a full refund and heading over to gamestop.

Infares
03-07-2007, 12:03 AM
so i pre-ordered IT from best buy. my game hasnt arrived yet....i check my email to see if its at least shipped and now im pissed. my order is listed as backordered, allow 1-2 weeks to be shipped. and the kicker is, its listed as in stock at 3 or 4 best buy stores in my area!!!!

when i get outta class tomorrow im giving them a call and having them either change my order to an in store pickup, or making them give me a full refund and heading over to gamestop.

Wtf lame. I would have just bought one today and said **** the preorder and gotten the refund anyways.

ttbaby
03-07-2007, 12:20 AM
thats what we did

Maxdecmer
03-07-2007, 12:28 AM
Yeah Best Buy here in my town was also on back order of IT. So I went over to one of the two Game Stops we have in town and bought the last one >.>

WildeComputers
03-09-2007, 06:44 PM
I just picked up the last copy in the Rochester store today at lunch. I had gotten a 10% Reward Zone coupon. Immortal Throne did not qualify, but the lady gave me 10% off anyway. I pre-ordered from Best Buy two to three weeks ago. Got the e-mail on Tuesday saying it was "back-ordered" so I called and got Judith. She could not understand anything I said. I tried to cancel my order because I knew the Rochester store had a few copies on-hand, but there was a "language" barrier and she kept saying "your item is being shipped, sir". And I would respond with, "why did I get an e-mail saying it was back-ordered?" And around & around this went until she finally said, "Have a good day sir". So then I thought I'd toss out the curve ball, and said, "what about my Best Buy exclusive armor, is that being shipped too?". She said, "yes sir". I said, "Really? I thought it was a download and I got a code in the box to enter in the game." She replied, "your order is being shipped, sir".

Boy, I had fun calling Best Buy. I plan to return my pre-order copy (when it arrives) and save about $4 to $5. I also will not pre-order from BB again, but I expected this much, after all, it's Best Buy.

MR2_Pilot
03-09-2007, 07:03 PM
I didn't pre-order, but I called my local Best Buy to make sure IT was in stock, the clerk checked and said there were four copies on the shelf.

I rushed over like 15 minutes later and the shelf was empty, so I asked the clerk to check in stock, he pulled a copy out from under the counter and said he held it for me!

Not sure I believe him about the four copies, but it is selling rapidly I've heard.

Maxdecmer
03-09-2007, 08:22 PM
Yeah, when I got the last one the clerk was kinda mad at me (it was on the back counter and the manager said it was up for sale) and said that I was lucky son of a b****. The manager told me that it has been flying off the shelves as they had over 10 copies and they all left within 2 hours or so of being released. So yeah, it is pretty popular, at least up here in Northern MN.