PDA

View Full Version : Just installed the game...

C0deHunter
03-06-2007, 09:18 PM
What seem to be different? Where is the extra underground levels?

Infares
03-06-2007, 09:20 PM
What seem to be different? Where is the extra underground levels?

If you've beaten Typhon in normal you should be able to jump straight to Rhodes on Normal even though you can go to Epic.

You may have to kill Typhon again to get access, but once you do you'll be in the new areas.

C0deHunter
03-06-2007, 09:25 PM
OK, when I launched the game for the first time, it imported my character from original Titan Quest game, then when I clicked on the new game, I just appeared in Helos again. I am really baffled.

Infares
03-06-2007, 09:26 PM
OK, when I launched the game for the first time, it imported my character from original Titan Quest game, then when I clicked on the new game, I just appeared in Helos again. I am really baffled.

Check your teleport points and quest log.

C0deHunter
03-07-2007, 01:20 AM
Still gets to the beginning of the original Titan Quest. What gives?

Infares
03-07-2007, 06:46 AM
Still gets to the beginning of the original Titan Quest. What gives?

Did you update Titan Quest to 1.30 before you installed Immortal Throne?

C0deHunter
03-07-2007, 11:55 AM
Well, I was on version 1.20 then when I installed IT, it upgraded my game automatically I guess.

Ray_Chill
03-07-2007, 12:00 PM
TQ doesn't automatically update itself upon IT's installation. You need to start up the original TQ and use the UPDATE function from there. Once it's updated to 1.30, start up Immortal Throne and make sure your character is at the rebirth fountain before Typhon. I'm guessing your character's save point is at a rebirth fountain in Helios.

~C~
03-07-2007, 01:45 PM
IT will update TQ to 1.30 automatically. This doesn't happen on install, but only the first time you run IT. It should show a dialog box stating that the original game files need to be updated and when you hit "ok" IT will close and the updater program will run. If you didn't see that when you first ran IT then there may have been a problem with the update. You can check it by running TQ and noting the revision in the lower right corner of the main menu. It should read "1.30". If it isn't, you can update as Ray_Chill suggested.

That said though, none of that should affect your spawn point. Ray_Chill may be correct, your character was left with its spawn point selected at Helos.

Infares
03-07-2007, 02:15 PM
IT will update TQ to 1.30 automatically. This doesn't happen on install, but only the first time you run IT. It should show a dialog box stating that the original game files need to be updated and when you hit "ok" IT will close and the updater program will run. If you didn't see that when you first ran IT then there may have been a problem with the update. You can check it by running TQ and noting the revision in the lower right corner of the main menu. It should read "1.30". If it isn't, you can update as Ray_Chill suggested.

That said though, none of that should affect your spawn point. Ray_Chill may be correct, your character was left with its spawn point selected at Helos.

Why not just have TQIT read as being version 1.30 since it's the same rules and whatnot?

LordFess
03-07-2007, 02:21 PM
I have a lvl 43 Conqueror....The game automatically udated itself to the latest ver. when I first launched the game...My Character just ported to Babylon in the epic mode.....If I switch to normal mode will I automatically enter Hades or do I have to kill Typhon again?

Infares
03-07-2007, 02:34 PM
I have a lvl 43 Conqueror....The game automatically udated itself to the latest ver. when I first launched the game...My Character just ported to Babylon in the epic mode.....If I switch to normal mode will I automatically enter Hades or do I have to kill Typhon again?

Some have reported a bug that requires you to beat Typhon again, but you should appear at the fountain in Rhodes.

C0deHunter
03-09-2007, 05:07 PM
I am assuming it is a bug then, since it is a real hassle to not be able to jump where the expansion packs starts.