PDA

View Full Version : Increased Drop Rate ???

MR2_Pilot
03-06-2007, 07:42 PM
From the patch notes...

"Increased the unique item drop rate on boss chests on both first encounters and subsequent playthroughs"

"Increased the unique item drop rate on Epic and Legendary "exclusive" monsters"

I must have really bad luck, because ever since I patched to 1.3, I've picked up practically nothing, all junk items with only a couple of Blues and Purples which were not very good.

I ran all the bosses in Legendary Egypt and Orient, and ended up with junk, much worse than I normally got in version 1.2.

I think someone goofed on the "creased" word, and used "In" instead of "De".

I was going to run out and get IT, but now I'm glad I waited.

Thinking about going back to 1.2 (or RTS). :cry:

Whisk33
03-06-2007, 10:47 PM
I killed Act 1 Telkine and got two purples a blue and a green all in one drop. It was retarded how much stuff fell. I have done hundreds of act1 telkine runs (literally! I posted my results somewhere in this forum search it.) It does look like the Orb's have been dropping much better. I.E. the Telkines and Typhon. I havent ran the hydra and manticore enough to verify that their drop rates.

Maestro
03-06-2007, 11:37 PM
sorry you're experiencing that. I'm getting mega-loads of drops now with IT and 1.3 It's a noticeable increase in drop rate across the board.

schellen
03-07-2007, 08:21 AM
good. then once i get 1.30 AND find some time to play, i'll go find the hydra and farm it since it can't do anything to my slayer.

Whisk33
03-07-2007, 09:28 AM
gonna do 100 hydra runs and record results that would be interesting. you know whats sad about running the hydra with the X3 monsters mod... its hard and you get nothing extra... at least the telkines give you three orbs (but when three of them are attacking you everything becomes a 1 shot).

Drops seem better to me from the orbs.

MR2_Pilot
03-07-2007, 03:34 PM
I tried 2 more times through Egypt and the Orient with the same poor results, so I broke down and got IT.

With IT installed, the drops are better than with 1.2.

I think maybe the 1.3 patch for TQ was a bit bugged, or because my character was at level 65, the drops were affected.

Anyway, problem solved! :)

LordDivine
03-07-2007, 05:52 PM
I have a post going in the IT section about crappy droprates in 1.3 and IT 1.1.... The droprate is seriously nerfed beyond fun :(

Last 8 Hades runs in a row without a purple. Result of 8 runs = 1 green item rest yellow. That's 8 Hades runs... Legendary and not a single Legendary item from pretty much the highest endboss ? :(

I mean i do get legendaries... sometimes, but very rarely, and even more rarely it's something half decent. Most of the legendary drops are lowbie lvl 30-38 from Hades on Legendary. Randomness for the lose.

MR2_Pilot
03-07-2007, 06:20 PM
Most of the legendary drops are lowbie lvl 30-38 from Hades on Legendary.

That was another thing I found with my TQ 1.3 runs, the items I did find were level 30ish items at best.

So far my IT drops have been much better, but I've only been playing for a few hours now.

clive
03-07-2007, 08:03 PM
I got 14 purples in act 1 of epic, but then not a single one after that for the rest of the game, i even killed the telkines and hades a few times each and didn't get a single one.

I find it very odd i find that many in act one and not get any at all for the rest of the game, is Greece bugged i wonder.

Mac2492
03-10-2007, 12:06 PM
I was getting decent drop rates while playing 1.3/1.1. You know... a few greens, some blues, some formulas, etc...

Today, I started a Flame Surge/Ice Shard character for kicks. Okay... Crossed the bridge. I Fought the "monster", opened the chest, and a bunch of goodies came out. Nothing special, though. I continued into the first cave. Killed everything, opened the chest, and a GREEN staff came out. That's a first... green staff at level 3. I know that not too spectacular for you guys, but it was a big thing for me.

I continued on. Went to get the dowry... I got to fight a hero monster there. :clap: Went to some undead before Sparta... What is this I see? A skeleton wearing unique, blue armor that I've never seen before?! I didn't take a picture, but whatever. I killed the thing. It turned out to be Obsidian Armor. Alright! Green staff, Obsidian Armor... I went to Sparta, fought around, and got an arcane formula.

I'm only level 7. =P

Never have I had such great luck. I guess that's all it is! Luck! I have made two or three other Pyromancers (starting off) and none of them had this luck.

P.S. I also picked up a shield that gives +1 to all defense skills. I'm a pure caster, so I didn't find it useful and I just stuck it in my storage.

raduneo
03-11-2007, 03:11 PM
I've had the "great luck" you mention on at least 5 of my characters... 4 before the patch, and one after. :p So I'm afraid that what u found out isn't exactly conclusive.

Anyway, people should try farming the bosses that are unique in Epic and Legendary, IronLore increased the droprate for these guys (not tehmselves, but the majestic chests they guard). I know I did around 40 runs around tehe guys, and found around 20 epics/legendaries, countless relics/shards, and around 6 recipes for artifacts.

Mac2492
03-11-2007, 04:54 PM
Heh, well I DID say that I had a bunch of other character that didn't have this luck. (Meaning about one out of my 8-9 characters got good drops early on...)