PDA

View Full Version : The new lighting effects look great! (patch 1.3)

Duraska
03-06-2007, 03:38 AM
I haven't had a chance to pick up IT yet, but I went ahead and patched the game. I've noticed some largely improved graphical effects! Torches and campfires now cast out a warm, pulsating, orange bloom, and a lot of spells have an improved look.

The shrines cast more of a subtle halo around you, as opposed to their rather opaque former nature. Ethereal (ghost) creatures look truly translucent.

Heck, even the more expensive treasure chests cast out a glow (like the briefcase in Pulp Fiction) that has been improved on since version 1.2.

Anyone else noticing these improved graphics?

Batman
03-06-2007, 03:44 AM
Oh boy, how right you are. Mind you, once you get past Rhodes and into Hades itself the enhancements really shine(excuse pun).
My favourite area so far has to be the River Styx area. Beautiful, with a capital Beau.

Maestro
03-06-2007, 04:00 AM
Hmmm. I played quite a bit of Act II tonight which includes lots of dungeons and what-have-you and didn't notice anything different from what I saw before the patch.

Perhaps someone can suggest some prime examples in the vanilla game that we could visit to confirm this?

lothos
03-06-2007, 08:58 AM
Have you gone to the burning grove? The smoke is greatly enhanced. I haven't noticed lighting though yet.

KnorrV
03-06-2007, 01:27 PM
Yeah but that lags the game even more :\

Maestro
03-06-2007, 01:56 PM
Any other examples? Or is this "new lighting" effect just smoke and mirrors (heh! I made a pun!) :p

lothos
03-06-2007, 04:16 PM
i get no lag. 4gb ram though :/

Mac2492
03-06-2007, 09:04 PM
Have you gone to the burning grove? The smoke is greatly enhanced. I haven't noticed lighting though yet.

Burning Grove kills my computer. =(

(That's a bit of an exaggeration, but it DOES cause some big slow downs.)