PDA

View Full Version : Do you think they're going to link Electrical Burn and Lightning?

Mac2492
03-05-2007, 07:28 PM
Most people have been reporting that Lightning bonuses do not affect Electrical Burn damage. Apparently, Iron Lore wanted to implement this, but "couldn't"?...

Anyway, do you think they're going to do it in a patch if it's not currently implemented? I think they should, since lightning has had a distinct lack of damage over time skills and now a class of damage that can actually fall under the category is completely separate. Skills that increase Electrical Burn Damage should in no way affect Lightning skills, but skills like increase Lightning Damage should bump up Electrical Burn Damage.

(Sorry if this is a repost, or completely untrue... I searched around, but it's hard to find certain things some times.)

Zaishi
03-05-2007, 09:42 PM
I think they "couldn't" because it wouldn't balance very well. If +lightning damage worked then a storm/dream build would be very powerful. Not to mention I don't think it's possible to have something like +elec burn damage when it's classified as lightning, Lucid Dream would have to become +lightning which would again lead to a storm/dream build being very powerful.

If they were to nerf the burn damage to compensate, then any dream build without storm would have very weak burn damage.

So no, I don't think they will change it.

Mac2492
03-06-2007, 12:56 AM
You have a point. Perhaps they could halve the bonuses that %Lightning damage gives to Electrical Burn.

Increased Fire Damage increases Burn Damage, right? I'm pretty sure that Increased Cold Damage increases Frostburn Damage. It just seems ODD (not wrong, just odd...) that Increased Lightning Damage does nothing to Electrical Burn. (Which DO seem to have some sort of relationship.)

I don't really mind if they don't add the "feature" in. I'm just saying that it's a bit odd to have one type of elemental damage over time deviate from the rest by not being affected by its corresponding elemental buffs. If the other damage over time skills are separate (fire does not increase burn, cold does not increase frostburn), then forget everything I just said. =)