PDA

View Full Version : Typhon is a noob...

Maxdecmer
03-05-2007, 03:35 PM
So I am a noob TQ player and finally beat Typhon in Normal difficulty (yes...I really am a noob). It was a tough battle and I died a few times (I am playing a lvl 33 Assassin) but I figured that it was gonna be worth the PHAT loot. How wrong I was...gold and a bunch of crappy yellows. Not a single thing I can use. What the hell?!?! Is this normal? I wasn't expecting purple items at all but I was hoping for a blue or at least a green or two. I was of course pissed as all hell as I was working pretty hard to get to Typhon expecting some kind of decent reward. I think its crap.

Am I being out of line? Is this a normal drop rate on normal level? Someone....sympathise with me.....

Vilify
03-05-2007, 09:07 PM
patch 1.2 = HORRIBLE boss drops. Welcome to the game :P

perseus
03-06-2007, 12:21 AM
patch 1.3=still horrible typhon drops. just did 10 runs of him and got one crappy green that i wouldnt use as lvl 10. (i am a level 37 warlock btw)

Maxdecmer
03-06-2007, 02:24 AM
You would think with how difficult it can be to defeat him (and how long it took to get to him...it took me 1.5 days of playing to time to reach him and that was with going back to some areas and replaying) that there would be some sort of set high level drop. Not alot I can do with a bunch of yellows. Even vendoring them is close to useless when you have millions of gold.

TastelessRamen
03-06-2007, 04:15 AM
when I beat him on multiplayer we got three nice blues.
Luck of the draw, I suppose.

The first time you kill him you get extra rewards...

are you sure you weren't in a game where someone completed Typhon, because you would've gotten credit for the kill and that person would've gotten your "good" typhon drop.

Vilify
03-06-2007, 09:12 AM
First time I killed Typhon there was no "good" typhon drop. It was in SP so no chance of someone stealing it.

bollyrotten
03-06-2007, 09:20 AM
iv done him twice on normal and had exactly the same rubbish drops!!
I was happy that i beat the big fat monkey man! tho

Maxdecmer
03-06-2007, 10:13 AM
Yeah I was playing SP so it was for sure my first time killing him. I did another run last night, after I had updated to 1.3 and still crappy drops although I did get three Relic Shards, so that was better than the first time. It just seems funny that a big end game boss would drop crap but if you can farm him and possibly get better stuff then I suppose it isnt all bad.

Vilify
03-06-2007, 10:42 AM
I think the crappy boss drops thing was implemented to prevent endless boss running of the DII sort.

You'll likely find most good items from random monsters

LordDivine
03-07-2007, 07:02 PM
I think the crappy boss drops thing was implemented to prevent endless boss running of the DII sort.

You'll likely find most good items from random monsters

Which means you will have to play randomly all over the place from now till the year 2091 to find a few items your char needs instead of doing boss runs... nice :(

perseus
03-09-2007, 01:27 AM
I never got a bonus the first time i killed typhon. Actually two of the six items were normal (white) and the yellows were complete crap. I have never had a single typhon drop worth mentioning.

Torguemada
03-09-2007, 05:56 AM
Maxdecmer If you have only a millon gold i would recomend vendoring those
yellows, escpesially if your going to get the immortal throne as there artifacts that cost 2 million to make and considering what you need for them i would cuess that a single divine artifact fill end up costing araund 4-5 million gold.

Maxdecmer
03-09-2007, 06:14 AM
I did vendor the yellows so it isnt a complete loss. I just think that Typhon should drop something that will make my character better rather than yellows in which I can sell to get a whopping 30,000 - 40,000 gold <hitting sarcasm button>

Yeah as soon as I read about the artifacts as well I have been grabbing all the yellows as to start saving for the coolness of artifacts. I just made my first couple and am excited. IT rocks!!!