PDA

View Full Version : Wow Typhon rocked me.

Jman
03-05-2007, 10:23 AM
Ok. I play a Champion with 2 dogs and DW with onslaught. I have 2 Sabre Swords (the good ones with all the stats) and have only died 5 times on normal. I take potions like a fiends but oh well.

So i get to Typhon for the first time on normal. I get 2 shotted. I run back get 3 shotted. Finaly learn the strat for him.

I do like no damage to the thing. I ended up beating him but died 10 times. Switched from dw to sword and board and respeced the DW for more points in plague and resistance in the onslaugh tree.

Are champions that fricken weak or is it because I have no gear? Am definetly going to go spear and board or axe ect. The dogs died almost instantly and well I was kinda disapointed.

Any suggestions?

TommyD
03-05-2007, 10:30 AM
Typhon is fairly difficult on 1.20--especially on normal before you get the hot gear and even more skills. Typhon has a lot of nasty tricks (like thorns to kill your dogs when they hit them).

My conqueror, the first time through, made it through normal without a hitch...died about 10 times to Typhon, then laid waste to most of epic without batting an eye.

With that said, Typhon is more an exception than anything--judge your character again after some time in epic to see how he is doing.

Jman
03-05-2007, 10:37 AM
Hmmm. Makes me wonder if I should go back to DW. I guess I will go through epic with Sword and board and see how that goes.

tachyonx
03-05-2007, 10:56 AM
nah it's easy you just have to hit him when he is casting meteors.. wolves are well kinda useless so dun waste yr mana... i rather you just whack him and run around.. avoid all his skill and when he cast his life-leeching skill, drink a pot immediately.. that shld do it i think.. my champion didn't die that way.. =)

Jman
03-05-2007, 11:12 AM
yeh thats pretty much what I did. Just took so long!

MR2_Pilot
03-05-2007, 03:35 PM
Actually getting killed 10 times for Normal Typhon, is about average, unless your lucky enough to be all buffed out. The first time I took him was as a Conjurer, and that really took some time. :knockout: