PDA

View Full Version : Is it only me or makes IT the basic game a lot harder?

Ganymed
03-05-2007, 02:37 AM
hello,

I dont know how many started a new game or continued with their old characters, but I started this weekend with a new character (dream/storm) to check out the new features of dream mastery (very cool, by the way) and "normal" difficulty now feels a lot harder.
Especially these new "hero monsters" can be difficult and already known dangerous monsters from Act 3 like tropical spiders, draconians, white and black tigermen and some sort of skeletons in wusai mountain now seem to be as dangerous as if in epic mode. snappers make a lot more damage now. Olympus is even worse. the guarding mobs are dangerous as hell for "normal" characters (level 30 now with basically blue gear). Typhon has also very improved difficulty. I never died before in "normal" difficulty and now already 7 deaths.... Before IT "normal" was a walk in the park, but no longer.....

I am really wondering (or worrying?) how much more difficult epic/legendary now are?! Is it even playable for not "hardcore gamer"? (that means gamers which have not done hundreds of typhon runs to get 99% of all the legendary stuff)

OK, on the other hand your character can achieve higher levels due to the fourth chapter offering about up to ten additonal levelups (I presume).

well, at least I am curious how it may continue....

best regards

WNxDeathbane
03-05-2007, 02:46 AM
I think its good that they pumped up the monsters cus first TQ was just way too easy :neutral:
Atleast now its a challenge.
But then again my warden still pokes all bosses 10+ levels above him dead in about 5+ seconds :silenced:

partyboy
03-05-2007, 03:52 AM
i haven't played the original titan quest in a while, but i have noticed that IT is a little more difficult.

i'm almost done with act 3 on normal and i've only died 3 times, though. and they were all avoidable, i was just careless and got myself stuck in swarms. i'm hoping that the game is more difficult overall but the pita bosses that used to give me trouble, like the bull, have been balanced to be challenging but not so cheesy. the bull was easy on normal, but i won't know if anything's really changed until i face him on epic.

Dedo
03-05-2007, 04:42 AM
I think its good that they pumped up the monsters cus first TQ was just way too easy :neutral:
Atleast now its a challenge.
But then again my warden still pokes all bosses 10+ levels above him dead in about 5+ seconds :silenced:

Yeah, you would think the most overall powerful build would do that. :D

partyboy
03-05-2007, 04:58 AM
well, i just beat typhon. one word - jesus~

in the original release i could easily potion tank him down in about 15 seconds on epic. this is normal and it took me about 8 minutes and about 50 potions to kill him. lots of hit and run. i assume he was re-balanced this way before IT.. how fast can a decked character farm him on Legendary now?

at least he's not cheese. ie, his moves are easy to avoid, no one-shots out of the blue. i did die once, i underestimated how much his non-meteor attacks could do.

i think i prefer it this way, actually difficult.. a challenge. i just hate those instakills that are so hard to avoid. how's the manticore these days? ^_^

Ganymed
03-05-2007, 05:26 AM
the only boss beside Typhon killing me on this try starting a new character in "normal" was this monster in act3 with the "mystery in the mountains"-sidequest. he is beneath some caves on a platform-like area. I dont know his name just now.
his stun/ice meteor attack is extremely dangerous and killed me at once (on normal).

another change I noticed is that pets seem to be far less useful than before. before IT the pets always work very well as tanks. now the KI seem to be improved and attacks the caster, tries to evade etc. instead of directly attacking the pet/tank. that makes it far harder for conjuring characters. the mobs also now seem to have attacks that hurt/kill especially the pets.

partyboy
03-05-2007, 05:53 AM
i never really used pets before. my lich king and outsider have been "one-shot" by regular packs on more than one occasion. i do have some points into that talent that increases the lich king's damage resistance.. guess i need to max it.

CheeseThief
03-05-2007, 06:41 AM
There seems to be a lot more basic enemies in a mob with the expac installed, seems like it anyway. Either that or a lot more groups on a map, something but I definatly get the feeling that there are more enemies around now.

It also seems that rune drops have been increased, cause have have completed about 12 of them when beforehand I would only have about 3 by the time I completed normal Greece.

Havent got to Typhoon yet, sounds like fun, he was a big enough pain in the arse for me last time...

moongoose
03-05-2007, 07:41 AM
I am no hardcore gamer but I hope it is possible for me to end legendary with every char. So it would interest me who has completed Act 4 Legendary an which char he used.

Butcherski
03-06-2007, 09:36 PM
End legendary with every char ??? ROFL, i played so much, got 90% of all legendary items, and look down at my sig :)