PDA

View Full Version : Sacrifical Amulet Weirdness

VALIS
03-04-2007, 07:51 PM
This is weird. I get regen rates of 40+ when using this amulet.

It's the -20.0 HP regen per second, +30.0% Xp, -62% Hit Point amulet. Only when I first put it on, my regen rates go up to 30+. (seriously) I have 2 +90% Hit Point Regen items on. If I took those off it functioned normally. (drained my health)

Then I added the 'essence of the Ankh of Isis' relic charm to it. (I built it into the amulet, so no random bonus. I stack my relics 2/1 or 4/1 so I can drop the 4 or 2 in the item and then use the last one to complete it for the 'real' bonus) With nothing else on and just the amulet equipped I get a regen rate of .95. Not -.95, but almost normal health regeneration rate.

With the health regen items, I now get rates over 30 of health regeneration. It's almost like having a potion constantly going. I can get the rates even higher if I add more regen items (I only have 2).

Without the amulet, my health regeneration is just around 3.95. Anyone else have this weirdness?

Hey, I'm not complaining. It makes leveling on epic feel like on normal. I gain levels PDQ.

I've got mostly 'Hale' items equipped. I haven't found anything better then +% Str and +% Health. In fact, it's made equipment a little boring. It might be differenet for someone who's not a rogue/spirit melee mix.

Here is the screenshot.
http://angband.oook.cz/steamband/GFX/TQweird.jpg
-Campbell

maul
03-04-2007, 08:55 PM
It's weird but that is how the game computes the regeneration. A relic on the amulet or a charm on armor can easily turn it to + regen.

South of Heaven
03-04-2007, 09:54 PM
Same thing here, except I gain about 18

divinechaos
03-04-2007, 09:56 PM
Nice Tropic Arachnos helm.

Brappa
03-05-2007, 02:42 AM
that is awsome, I will have to check it out.