PDA

View Full Version : TQ IT v 1.1 droprate ?

LordDivine
03-04-2007, 11:53 AM
I've just done about 10-15 Wusao Caves + Typhon Runs, yeah died lots :whistle:

Back when i was playing hella lots in 1.15-1.20 Typhon was easy as pie and usually dropped at least 1 legendary every 3rd run or so. Even saw him drop 3 once :happy: But now after 10-15 runs on Legendary i have 1 Legendary item to show for it and thats a lvl 37 one. He even dropped a lvl 31 tier 1 epic set item for me on friggin legendary... :errf:

Seems like the legendary item drop rate has been screwed and everything made way harder :mad: ... wtf. Harder - fine, but why lower the droprate to near zero ? I mean Typhon on legendary is friggin hard imo, even at 59 with good gear, so with all the new cool items and such why make his droprate 1 / 15 that's just a lil more than 6% chance to drop a legendary ?

Am i just being ultra unlucky or anyone else experiencing really low drop rates playing IT ?

WNxDeathbane
03-04-2007, 11:58 AM
Same here , tought they fixed it but it seems that the droprates got even worse then before :errf:
Majestic chests contain only yellows and some gold now aswell :x.
Orbs from bosses are the same only sometimes they add a relic/green item to it but nothing impressive about that.
So far i found 2 legendary bows from random monsters and demeters sorrow.
This means that common monsters > bosses ? o_O

LordDivine
03-04-2007, 12:00 PM
Yeah, same here.... found a Legendary spear playing through act 4 on a random mob, got a few green items from all the Majestic chests, but no legendary items at all through the entire act from the majestic chests at bosses etc, not even the bosses that pops an orb like Typhon does :(

Mindless
03-04-2007, 12:35 PM
I've found two blues through all of Act IV on legendary. Other than that, I've only found new items from chests (two legendary armors). Seems to me like the droprate is somehow bugged.

Incinerate
03-04-2007, 01:05 PM
Hmmm odd, I'm finding loads farming the ORB Bosses and Typhon/Hades, found 30+ legendary's (5 new ones), 20+ epics (4 new ones) and 100+ relics at least.

Maybe just Unlucky perhaps? ;)

Regards,

Incinerate.

Incinerate
03-04-2007, 01:38 PM
Referring to my above post, heres an example from Legendary Hades only 2 mins ago, I must get all the luck :twisted: then !

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q58/Incinerate_2007/olmec25.jpg

Regards,

Incinerate.

Zaishi
03-04-2007, 01:45 PM
I killed Typhon for the first time last night, got one relic piece, like 8 stacks of gold, and like 4-5 crappy yellow items. I did it three more times and got a few more yellows, then I gave up, was too hard to kill at my level and there was just no reward there at all. I remember back in early TQ, killing a boss that dropped an orb for the first time was like a 100% guaranteed blue drop, if not 2. Then coming back you'd still get a blue like every other run or better. I just can't get bosses to drop anything. I found like 10 blues throughout normal, like 7 from bone piles, and 3 from monsters.

Infares
03-04-2007, 02:09 PM
Keep in mind Incinerate's character is over level 60.

Incinerate
03-04-2007, 02:14 PM
Keep in mind Incinerate's character is over level 60.

Aye Infares has a good point, your char lvl plays a large part as well.

Regards,

Incinerate.

Mindless
03-04-2007, 02:30 PM
What lvl / class is your character exactly Incinerate? How hard is Hades for you on legendary?

EDIT: Figured out a strategy to kill him (as a Conqueror) without dying. You do this:

When you run into the throne room, summon your Ancestral Warriors and put up a Battle Standard. Then you kill his first and second forms and when his spirit comes out, use your Collossus Form (because the blast he uses damages far more than the skills in his other forms). :)

mainly_insanely
03-04-2007, 03:03 PM
i completed IT on normal and got alot of pretty good blues and some cool new items.

clive
03-04-2007, 05:11 PM
Thats funny i was about to post that IT has bugged drops or something, cause my character got 14 legendary items in greece alone on epic, two of which fell off of the telkine.

And this all happened within an hour of gameplay.

smokes
03-04-2007, 05:48 PM
"If only luck was a little less random"

:D

smokes
03-04-2007, 11:51 PM
Actually just played through TQ Act 1 Normal for the first time ever, with IT 1.1 installed and after killing the last boss (the Telkine guy) with 2 people we didn't get a single blue from the entire Labyrinth. Seems kinda weird for the first kill of the end boss of act 1 not to drop any good loot whatsoever :S

Throughout the whole act we got about 7 blues altogether, but these all came from random mobs/chests/bone piles etc, not a single blue from a named or boss creature. Is this usual for TQ? And btw are blue items the 'epic' or 'legendary'? And if they are epic what colour is legendary :O

partyboy
03-05-2007, 12:26 AM
i played tq back when it first came out, and my first time through normal i think i only saw a couple blues, if that.

now i've started again with IT, i'm almost through act 3 on normal, and i've gotten about 18+ blues and a tonne of greens. i only patched the original tq once, so i don't know how the game plays with any of the later patches (if there were any) but so far it seems like the droprate of green+ items has increased rather dramatically.

a little while ago in act 3 i got the same blue twice within 5 minutes, and then later on i got the same 2 green swords twice within 5 minutes.

Dedo
03-05-2007, 02:16 AM
Got my copy today wooooooooooooot! :D

The drop rate for non-boss chests and enemies is still really bad.

I was hoping they would change it. During my Epic hades run I came across 3 blues 2 greens and that was it. All from bosses as well.

I got one legendary for killing Hades, and the rest was all yellow. Hade's treasury quest gave me 1 legendary and 1 green. From like 5 chests. :(

raduneo
03-05-2007, 02:20 AM
Then perhaps something is bugged? If some people are getting really bad drop rates, and a few others are getting over-the-top high drop rates? :errf: I'll get my copy later this week, but if this is true, we should definately let the devs know ASAP!

LordDivine
03-05-2007, 06:05 PM
lvl 59 now, all finished and still getting a super crappy drop rate from Hades and Typhon. Takes 5-7 kills usually to get 1 Legendary drop, and mostly when i get them they are crap ones you didn't even wanna use in "the old days".
Trying to level up, but it takes forever without any quests now, where / how do ppl grind xp most efficiently ?... Hades runs gives about 0.2-0.3 bar and is quite slow :s

Veveritz
03-05-2007, 07:23 PM
I'm getting more legendaries from Typhon than before. But the fact is they're all crappy low level. Not to mention monsters in wusao mountain/olympus drop blues instead of legendaries. What the hell? At level 63 in legendary i'm still getting blues. I think something's wrong. :/

PS: or it may be the fact that since the cap level was raised, now maybe you'll get better at 70+ or so. Or maybe we'll have to farm Hades for more serious drops, but i doubt it since i already killed him 3 times and i got crappy yellows and 2 formulas. :(

LordDivine
03-05-2007, 07:52 PM
If so they should at least increase the rate of grinding xp, would take months to get a char to 75 as it is now :( And if you seriously need 70+ to see some decent drops again... jees wtf. The only good legendaries i've gotten while playing IT so far has been from random mobs, not a single good item from chests or bosses... NOT ONE from completing Act 4 two times now with 2 different chars (both legendary ofc) Please :(

Veveritz
03-05-2007, 07:56 PM
If so they should at least increase the rate of grinding xp, would take months to get a char to 75 as it is now :(

I found this with my low level Templar:
http://xs513.xs.to/xs513/07102/HelmGlory.jpg

I hope it raised your morale a little (3%) :D

Masquerouge
03-05-2007, 07:56 PM
Then perhaps something is bugged? If some people are getting really bad drop rates, and a few others are getting over-the-top high drop rates? :errf: I'll get my copy later this week, but if this is true, we should definately let the devs know ASAP!

On the contrary, this is a hint that the drop rate is not bugged, but really random.

raduneo
03-05-2007, 08:18 PM
On the contrary, this is a hint that the drop rate is not bugged, but really random.

Perhaps too random then. (it still MIGHT be a bug though, a bug can manifest itself in many ways :p)

About people getting lower-level drops (epic instead of legendary uniques): I remember when people were complaining that they waren't getting any more blues around from around level 50 and on, but now it appears that they're getting more blues than purples?!? :errf:

And about people that don't get many drops, perhaps increasing the drop rate by quite a bit would help (from what I see, it's mostly people above level 60 that get tons of drops). Waiting to get to level 60 to get to enjoy looting uniques doesn't sound like fun to me. It should begin in early Epic IMO.

Anyone have any other suggestions about what could be done to make looting more fun all around, and to actually make set completion more accessible? :happy:

Masquerouge
03-05-2007, 08:47 PM
Perhaps too random then. (it still MIGHT be a bug though, a bug can manifest itself in many ways :p)

Yeah,but frankly I've seen soooooo many threads complaining about Random Number Generators in games (just browse any Diablo 2 forum, or Civ4 forums) that I'd rather trust the developers on that one, than the selective memories of angry players ranting on a forum :)

Which is not to say I completely discard the possibility that it's a bug, I'm just giving the benefit of the doubt to Iron Lore, that's all...

About people getting lower-level drops (epic instead of legendary uniques): I remember when people were complaining that they waren't getting any more blues around from around level 50 and on, but now it appears that they're getting more blues than purples?!? :errf:

Exactly the point! People are simply not happy with their drops, and thus assume it's a "bug".

And about people that don't get many drops, perhaps increasing the drop rate by quite a bit would help (from what I see, it's mostly people above level 60 that get tons of drops). Waiting to get to level 60 to get to enjoy looting uniques doesn't sound like fun to me. It should begin in early Epic IMO.
If indeed what people say is true (so far less than 10 people have complained...) and if Iron Lore confirms that there is a bug, then yes, let's fix it. Other than that...

Anyone have any other suggestions about what could be done to make looting more fun all around, and to actually make set completion more accessible? :happy:

Well on the subject of set completion, I believe the only way to get low-level ones is to have a character stuck in Normal, doing farming, and a character in Epic doing farming. Or, constantly start new characters and hope to stumble upon items while leveling. Or play multiplayer.

But getting low-level complete sets is something that should appeal to the more hardcore of the collectors - I mean, what's the point of having a complete low-level set? You can only use it on low-level characters anyway. And for your high-end characters, then the purple sets are much more easier to get with just one character, since they're at the high-end of the drop - meaning, even if you progress and level up, you'll always be able to drop them.

Zaishi
03-05-2007, 09:30 PM
It's not normal drops (mobs, small chests) that are a problem, it's boss chests/orbs/drops. It's not luck or randomness. I've opened enough chests and orbs so that my sample size is large enough to rule out luck. I've opened well over 100 boss chests and it's crystal clear that the drop rates were heavily nerfed, at least on normal. Especially first kills, it should not be possible to kill a boss (IT final boss) for the first time and get half whites (other half yellows) from the orb. It's almost an insult. That's exactly what happened to me BTW. I took a screen but apparently screenshots are bugged as well and it's a 13kb blank image.

WNxDeathbane
03-05-2007, 09:57 PM
ROFL ! my screenshot from my epic hades loot was messed up aswell :shifty:
Conspiracy xD !
Anyway IT was ended with a anti-climax for me when i saw what loot hades dropped in the end.
Was a pretty hard fight and all i got where like 7 yellow items and 1 green.
Same goes for all other new bosses , non dropped anything but cerberus in his majestic chest ( legendary sword silence , nothing special though )
Thats just not right.. :neutral:

Soft Head 84
03-05-2007, 10:10 PM
the drop rate is Nerfed some one needs to mod it asap i found more blues in normal off bone piles then boss chests thats just BULL **** .

i don't wann kill hades cuz i know hes porbly gonna drop crap iron lore u need to fix this why can't they make droprates like when the game was first out

i mean u make bosses harder but dion't give out the loot thats just bad:evil:

raduneo
03-05-2007, 11:37 PM
OK, let's wait and see if more people complain. :p

smokes
03-06-2007, 12:32 AM
Well since IT only just came for the majority I hope there will be some more people seeing the same difference, at least for me it's getting very disappointing never ever getting a good item from a boss mob. The only time I've ever seen blues is from bone piles/random mobs, truly annoying imo :\

BTW is there a way we can make sure a dev see's this thread?

Soft Head 84
03-06-2007, 03:21 AM
put some leech resistant charms (total 80% resistance). 20 minutes passed. 50% life taken off typhon. Damn he is tough ! What i'm gonna do in legendary ? Future is dark :)

i've done it ! Wow :) He was the toughest thing of all things in gaming world :)
Drop was: battlemage set armor and Fu Xi's skullplate

not bad drop but toke him/her 30mins to kill him and i just killed him and got whites and yellows seems like some ppl get drops while others get crap

and that was on epic mode lvl 47 char i hate see legendaly with lvl 55+ killing him only to find out he got yellows

LordDivine
03-06-2007, 03:40 AM
Bosses like Hades and Typhon which have a pretty good chance of wasting you should have a decent drop rate, over the last 2-3 days i've killed Hades more than 25 times and i have gotten 2 Legendaries so far, and it was low level ones (37 / 32 gear).... Like WNxDeathbane said, it's really anti-climactic when you get to the very end and a really hard fight and or deaths involved, maybe even several and all u see constantly is yellow and a green if youre lucky. That or stuff you've seen 100's of times before. I'm not saying Hades should drop all over the place, but the rate atm seems very very wrong.

Batman
03-06-2007, 03:54 AM
I started a Seer especially for the XPack. In my view the amount of green items has significantly increased and when a blue drops it's still exciting. Currently in Hades at level 36 still pure Dream.

partyboy
03-06-2007, 04:08 AM
i just started epic with my lvl 36 diviner. i've still got blues coming out of my ***, but i did notice that the bosses usually didn't drop anything beyond a green.

i have no problem with the bosses being more difficult to take out with a less chance to drop good loot. but it seems a number of you have done a lot of boss runs and still haven't gotten anything much. that's slightly troubling. maybe it's to encourage us to spend more time farming regular areas instead of the bosses?

Soft Head 84
03-06-2007, 04:25 AM
i'm still and my roomate playing Lan on normal with mynew char but we killed the actone/two telkine/spider queen and otheres for some drops cuz were have hard time with our gear (yes its that crappy) total of runs sits at 43 and we have got 1 blue lvl 15 reg and 10+ greens most not realy that good better when use relics on them and ****e load of yellows.

my point is when this game came out i killed my first telkine i died 4 times tookme 30mins to finaly down him was so n00b back then i was rewarded with 2 two blues one that upgraded my weapon nicly i think the old drop system was great becuase i don't go online except lan and thats with my roomate we share items anyway so i don't care if ppl farm hades etc etc and get **** load purples becuase i never see them and doesn't ruin my fun heck i might wanna have loot coming out of my ears cuz the bottom line is more loot for me makes me wanna start more chars becuase i have some gear for them......

ok i realize thats wall of text and may hurt to read but thats my veiw on the subgect of drops........

subster
03-06-2007, 07:36 AM
If the droprate isn't better I will probabaly not buy IT. This was the main problem I had with TQ. It was so damn unrewarding....

subster
03-06-2007, 07:45 AM
It should start in normal, not epic. Why in the world would you say that?

One of the main things that make these games interesting to play is the chance you will be able to be bigger and badder. if it starts somewhere in the middle of epic chances are you are so stressed and pissed off because you didn't find anything, you will drop the game.

For one reason or another I played through all 3 difficulties 2 or 3 times.. Still have no idea why. :goth:

LordDivine
03-06-2007, 08:07 AM
OK since some people have stated that level is a factor i did some test runs on Normal. Level 59 vs. Normal Typhon... First 5 runs = 1 green rest yellow, not a single blue item. I know 5 runs isn't much but if level is a factor normal Typhon should have dropped something vs. a level 59 ?... He used to drop LOADS when my old Soothsayer farmed him on normal to get lowbie items for other chars. Was lvl 49 or so my Soothsayer back then and he made Typhon drop loads of blues on normal. The droprate _IS_ nerfed badly on chests and bossdrops in IT way too much imo.

raduneo
03-06-2007, 08:16 AM
Well if we get more people's opinion on this once everyone buys the game, and if we all agree that this is something that needs to be changed, I'm fairly certain that the devs will strongly consider our proposition, and that it won't take forever to make those changes and release a quick patch.

IF the droprates are mostly everything that we want to see changed in the patch... I mean, I really hope we don't have to wait 2 months before realizing that the droprates need some serious adjustments!!! :) (IF that is the case)

Azuriel
03-06-2007, 11:46 AM
I personally find that hero boss monsters (with the star over their heads now thanks to the expansion), should always drop a rare or an epic/legendary item depending on the difficulty level you are playing. Boss chests should only load their primary chests, forget secondary as it doesn't seem to work so well! (Maybe also make certain easier bosses harder since the loot would be better?)

Well only my 2 cents really! :)

smokes
03-06-2007, 02:44 PM
Just completed Act 2 Normal and again, not a single blue/green from the final Telkine boss :(

Heinosity
03-06-2007, 02:53 PM
Drop rate is super random. I am now near the end of epic Egypt, and i've already found 2 legendary items, and around 10 epics just in the last half of the act. However, I went through all of Hades on normal difficulty and only found about 4 epics the entire time.

smokes
03-06-2007, 11:52 PM
Just killed Typhon for the first time ever (WOOOHOOO!!!) and he dropped er..... nothing but yellows -.- not even an essence :|

WNxDeathbane
03-07-2007, 12:37 AM
Done some typhon farming on normal+epic ( about 20 attempts each ) and i gotta say im really dissapointed now:knockout:
Only had 2 epic items and thats it.:neutral:

Whisk33
03-07-2007, 12:46 AM
What lvl / class is your character exactly Incinerate? How hard is Hades for you on legendary?

EDIT: Figured out a strategy to kill him (as a Conqueror) without dying. You do this:

When you run into the throne room, summon your Ancestral Warriors and put up a Battle Standard. Then you kill his first and second forms and when his spirit comes out, use your Collossus Form (because the blast he uses damages far more than the skills in his other forms). :)

Whoa HUGE SPOILER... wow! not even a warning you just jumped right into it... Im not usually one that cares but You didnt even give me a chance...

@everyone trying to create data on drop rates. If you do less than 50 runs dont even talk about it. try and do 100 runs and document each epic legendary (both quantity and name) and how many greens, how many yellows, and how many charms, etc. Be specific. If you want to sound educated and make REAL data that the devs or anyone else can't ignore and pass off as simple whines of teenage mynads then you need to spend some time in it also. 5 runs is nothing. I can flip a quarter 5 times and get heads. That doesnt mean that the sides are uneven. It means that I havent done enough runs. Do 100 runs. then complain. I personally have been getting way more drops from the Orbs. Since I have farmed Act 1 Telkine tons of times. I have noticed much more on the drops. Lets see some excel spreadsheets people.

smokes
03-07-2007, 01:09 AM
@Whisk its not exactly all whines about total droprate %s etc, personally I'm just disappointed that for a first time kill of the first really major boss in the game you get nothing, farmed him 5 times now and still got nothing but yellows, sure its not hard data but if you look at other games of the same nature a boss of this calibre would drop at least 1 epic for certain, I don't see why this would be so bad personally.

For example (and I know this is a bad example but still) in WoW you could enter an instance and run to the first boss and kill it and be guaranteed to get 1-2 'Blue' items (equal to an epic in TQ), this would take 10-15 mins. In TQ it takes about the same time to do a Typhon run on normal yet when you kill him it seems very unlikely that you will get an epic (from my experience). Bear in mind that in TQ there isnt really a restriction on the items a boss can drop, so it could be any epic from a pool of hundreds. Imagine trying to get a specific set completed in this game without trading, you would be farming for months :\

Infares
03-07-2007, 07:41 AM
Whoa HUGE SPOILER... wow! not even a warning you just jumped right into it... Im not usually one that cares but You didnt even give me a chance...

@everyone trying to create data on drop rates. If you do less than 50 runs dont even talk about it. try and do 100 runs and document each epic legendary (both quantity and name) and how many greens, how many yellows, and how many charms, etc. Be specific. If you want to sound educated and make REAL data that the devs or anyone else can't ignore and pass off as simple whines of teenage mynads then you need to spend some time in it also. 5 runs is nothing. I can flip a quarter 5 times and get heads. That doesnt mean that the sides are uneven. It means that I havent done enough runs. Do 100 runs. then complain. I personally have been getting way more drops from the Orbs. Since I have farmed Act 1 Telkine tons of times. I have noticed much more on the drops. Lets see some excel spreadsheets people.

:clap:

subster
03-07-2007, 11:43 AM
You are joking right???

No rights to say anything about droprates until you spend weeks collecting data and doing a rediculour 50 to 100 runs??

Why do you think everybody does farming? I don't and I don't think it is part of the story to keep farming the same level or boss.

The game should be rewarding enough without having to do repetitive farming until you yourself drop dead of annoyance and boredom.

Droprates in IT are worse than without IT so I won't be buying IT. It seems they didn't learn anything from all the complaints and simply ignored it.

Whisk33
03-07-2007, 12:19 PM
You are joking right??? nope

No rights to say anything about droprates until you spend weeks collecting data and doing a rediculour 50 to 100 runs?? yes. No rights without proper evidence. Undisputible evidence. Record drops. You dont get born with most of your rights you earn them.

Why do you think everybody does farming? I don't and I don't think it is part of the story to keep farming the same level or boss. no you missed to point. This has nothing to do with farming. I am speaking about people whimsically labeling the drops rate worse OR better without proper reasoning. Not needed to farm is a debate I am not ready to begin.

The game should be rewarding enough without having to do repetitive farming until you yourself drop dead of annoyance and boredom. Sure. I'm staying out of this one.

Droprates in IT are worse than without IT so I won't be buying IT. It seems they didn't learn anything from all the complaints and simply ignored it. This is simply untrue. They have changed the drop rates as said in the patch notes. The fact that they didnt change it ENOUGH to make you happy is possibly true. They even back big T down a bit in normal. The Devs have poured tons of time into the game and specifically this forum. They have consitantly reacted to the desires of the community. Oracle, archer nerfing more difficult bosses. Also if you want more return off of less work than is currently set up to yeild you can use other programs. Since this game is stored on your computer you can edit it as you like. TQHades I think it is increases drop rates. The Devs AGAIN have supported techincal help to people who have "broken" the game through modified play also! Something that shows their dedication to the community. I played for hours in diablo and never found crap. I find tons of stuff on this all the time.

@smokes understand about probabilty. It sucks that you had rough drops your first time, but my first time against act 1 in the 1.30 patch yielded the whole freakin rainbow! It was awesome. I have at least 2 purpls 1blue and 1 green. I believe there was more though I remeber those for sure. Try doing multi runs on act1 telk or Polythus and test out your experienced drops verse what was being dropped in 1.20. I knowwhat you mean about the first time runs should always rock.. Do you play multiplayer? I know alot of times I have peeps comin into my rooms and run bosses way ahead of me... perhaps they stole your true first time drops? The devs did increase the first time drops better than following runs... Sorry I cant be of more help to you, But I do feel your pain.

DirtySanchez
03-07-2007, 12:32 PM
Am I the only person alive that doesnt care about drop rates and feels less is more?

I dont wanna find everything within a couple of days. I like the hunt for different items myself. It increases the replayability of the game thus extending it's fun factor. Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way.

partyboy
03-07-2007, 12:51 PM
Am I the only person alive that doesnt care about drop rates and feels less is more?

I dont wanna find everything within a couple of days. I like the hunt for different items myself. It increases the replayability of the game thus extending it's fun factor. Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way.
nope, you're not the only one. i'm a fan of less is more, also. it's far more satisfying to finally see an item that seems perfectly suited to your character after a long stretch than simply farming a boss 50 times in a row and going through all the blues and purples like they're candy.

some people aren't interested in the build up, though. it's something i've noticed in several gaming communities. not just gaming, all things. music, movies. some just want the punchline asap.

Whisk33
03-07-2007, 12:55 PM
nope, you're not the only one.

You wont find me unpatching to 1.15 for better drops thats for sure! (maybe for a little vengence on Typhon but that would be it.

rlsuth
03-07-2007, 12:59 PM
I'm not a fan of less-is-more at all. I want a game to be fun, not a boring grind.
Having said that, maybe there should be an option at the start of the game to have bountiful drops or not. They had this option in "Jagged Alliance" and it catered for both types of players.

I find it enormously frustrating to finally defeat a boss and not get a reward.
I've also never completed a set of items either. I had hoped that the drops would be increased in IT, but I'm not seeing that either. Highly frustrating and annoying.

r00ster
03-07-2007, 01:16 PM
No your not the only one, it's just those that don't care don't whine.

I shouldn't say I care though, pimping out my toons is my favorite part of the game, but yes to agree with you; what fun is the hunt if there is none.

I say leave all the "enhance" mods with old TQ :rockon: (except the defiler)

I hear everyone wanted closed net, well in other games with closed servers, you don't get those things.

In Sacred you had to hunt, transfer, mule etc everything, and build toons with what you got.

I have never played the diablo series but I imagine it was the same.

The only thing I can say for these other games, is that they both have magic find to increase your chances if you are willing to sacrifice your toons power for item hunting.

But last night, I started a brand new toon, and second chest gave me a blue armor, and once I got to megara I got a blue axe. I am still lvl 9. Drops seem fine.

I think its just the "gimmie it now"generation :)

DirtySanchez
03-07-2007, 01:29 PM
If I really have to have a certain piece of equipment I just use a custom map and then import the character back into the main game.

Masquerouge
03-07-2007, 01:37 PM
Well I've played IT for about 4 hours last night,on Epic, and had a blue drop and a purple drop, along with 4 recipes and 8-10 relics.So I didn't notice a serious flaw in the drops.

smokes
03-07-2007, 02:14 PM
Again I will say, personally the drop RATE seems ok, I have had plenty of blues throughout the course of the game. What is the problem is after spending 1 hour trying to down Typhon for the first time all I got was yellows, its pure disappointment factor and nothing else.

rlsuth
03-07-2007, 03:14 PM
The low drop-rate might appeal to the hard-core player, but it wont appeal to the casual player IMHO. Someone who just wants to play for a little while and have some fun, will be put off, and wont buy the expansion/s.

LordFess
03-07-2007, 04:51 PM
I bought TQ when it first came out and played it through normal and half way through the game again on epic level.I got a little bored for some reason and have been playing other games until the night before I bought and installed Immortal Thrown....I have never been a farmer and I am very pleased to say that last night after setting up IT I got my first legendary drop (can't remember the name atm)...It was a pretty nice epic shield and should be very useful to my Conqueror! All and all it seems like I am getting many more blues than before even though none have been useful for my character.Also seems like there are far more relic drops and the like... since IT has been installed. Also in that same 3 hr session I got 3 artifact resupees :-) ....just can't use them yet :-(

Soft Head 84
03-07-2007, 05:08 PM
well i think we have some good opinions going for this issue..
I think the main probelm that most ppl are having is....
killing act bosses on norm/epic/legendary and getting yellows...

i think they should make the orb/big chest drops better but leave the monster/smallchests alone i would be happy man

Masquerouge
03-07-2007, 05:29 PM
well i think we have some good opinions going for this issue..
I think the main probelm that most ppl are having is....
killing act bosses on norm/epic/legendary and getting yellows...

i think they should make the orb/big chest drops better but leave the monster/smallchests alone i would be happy man

No, the main problem we have is people REPORTING they're getting yellows only. There's a big difference, remember that people will much more likely complain than praise, and thus we should certainly not draw generalizing conclusions from a very small, non-representative sample of people having bad luck with the RNG and posting it on an internet forum.

In other words, I would certainly not assume anything is broken regarding the drops just because some people are complaining. Without confirmation from Iron Lore, I would assume these people are just having bad luck, and I would say it's pointless trying to fix something that's not even broken.

Soft Head 84
03-07-2007, 05:45 PM
my total of normal runs sits at 43 and i have got 3 blue lvl 15 reg and 15+ greens most not realy that good better when use relics on them and ****e load of yellows
u mean to tell me that 43runs one the act one/two telkine/spider queen each is

I would assume these people are just having bad luck.

man back in 1.1 i have like normal epics coming out my ears with was too much but i think they nerfed it too much

Zaishi
03-07-2007, 06:20 PM
A lot of people here need to learn to read the whole thread before replying. The problem now is that it's not worth the time and effort to kill bosses since trash mobs and bone piles will give you more uniques for your time. Drops are fine, I have tons of blues, almost none of them from bosses though.

raduneo
03-07-2007, 06:27 PM
my total of normal runs sits at 43 and i have got 3 blue lvl 15 reg and 15+ greens most not realy that good better when use relics on them and ****e load of yellows
u mean to tell me that 43runs one the act one/two telkine/spider queen each is

man back in 1.1 i have like normal epics coming out my ears with was too much but i think they nerfed it too much

I really wouln't recommend farming in normal. It's not worth it, you can perfectly manage normal without none/close to no epics, and the ones that you would find would be low-level ones. plus, it's always better if you finish normal as fast as possible, while still taking the time to finish all teh side quests. Wait for Epic and Legendary difficulty to farm, I know that's what everyone does.

Tarkhan
03-07-2007, 06:38 PM
I've noticed, at least in the beginning (I started a new character) that the drop rates on relic shards is greatly increased, as well as potions.

I have gotten quite a few decent prefix/suffix mods on yellows - but that could just be dumb luck.

Jet Black
03-07-2007, 06:40 PM
A lot of people here need to learn to read the whole thread before replying. The problem now is that it's not worth the time and effort to kill bosses since trash mobs and bone piles will give you more uniques for your time. Drops are fine, I have tons of blues, almost none of them from bosses though.

I haven't bought IT yet (couldn't find it when I looked at in a couple places)... but I am a little dissappointed that they haven't fixed the boss drop rate yet. People have been complaining about this forever.

In TQ 1.20 I used Hades for a while to squeeze up the drop rates a bit... just to the point that I would be guaranteed a blue or higher off of a boss orb. It really made the game a bit more enjoyable! Bosses should have good stuff, always. It does seem Iron Lore is trying to stop people farming bosses, but for casual gamers it just feels anti-climactic to beat a big powerful boss and end up with junk loot.

World drops are fine as is, but bosses should really always drop at LEAST one blue or higher item every time.

raduneo
03-07-2007, 07:06 PM
World drops are fine as is, but bosses should really always drop at LEAST one blue or higher item every time.

Absolutely! Exactly my thoughts!!! Otherwise where's the incentive of struggling to defeat a boss when you can just face regular mobs and get better items from them instead?

LordDivine
03-07-2007, 07:17 PM
I haven't bought IT yet (couldn't find it when I looked at in a couple places)... but I am a little dissappointed that they haven't fixed the boss drop rate yet. People have been complaining about this forever.

In TQ 1.20 I used Hades for a while to squeeze up the drop rates a bit... just to the point that I would be guaranteed a blue or higher off of a boss orb. It really made the game a bit more enjoyable! Bosses should have good stuff, always. It does seem Iron Lore is trying to stop people farming bosses, but for casual gamers it just feels anti-climactic to beat a big powerful boss and end up with junk loot.

Or just a 75% chance of dropping epic/legendary at least.... I'm doing Hades runs on Legendary still, and my record... "record", really is 8 runs in a _row_ with nothing but greens and yellows. And i mean this is the nasty endboss which should result in some really really nice drops, no ?... atm it's NO :(

I mean your char requires good gear to stay alive in Legendary, so you should be able to farm some bosses for some good gear. It's fair enough if the really uber stuff has a lower chance to drop than the more common and not so good legendary items, but still bosses like Typhon and Hades should drop em often since they're quite hard to kill. Back in the 1.08 and 1.15 days of farming Typhon i've never had 8 runs in a row without even getting a single blue item at least.

I really hope to see some droprate increasing patch soon, because doing 8 Hades runs in a row without a single epic/legendary drop on legendary difficulty, and getting killed doing em' too is not a well balanced risk vs. reward balance.

LordDivine
03-07-2007, 07:24 PM
I'm not a fan of less-is-more at all. I want a game to be fun, not a boring grind.
Having said that, maybe there should be an option at the start of the game to have bountiful drops or not. They had this option in "Jagged Alliance" and it catered for both types of players.

I find it enormously frustrating to finally defeat a boss and not get a reward.
I've also never completed a set of items either. I had hoped that the drops would be increased in IT, but I'm not seeing that either. Highly frustrating and annoying.

Agree completely. Typhon and Hades are pretty hard to kill, especially if you do not have good gear, and therefore they should have a really good/high chance to drop some really nice stuff. They used to, and i really liked the 1.08 / 1.15 droprates. It's very very dissapointing killing Hades or Typhon for the first time with a char in very basic gear after a damn hard fight and seeing nothing but yellows drop. At least the first time you kill an act endboss there should be at least one good drop, but thats far from what i'm seeing. What i'm seeing is 80-90% of the time when I pop a bossorb, or open a majestic chest after a boss it's yellows and greens. Even the first time your character kills them.

smokes
03-07-2007, 08:42 PM
Agree completely. Typhon and Hades are pretty hard to kill, especially if you do not have good gear, and therefore they should have a really good/high chance to drop some really nice stuff. They used to, and i really liked the 1.08 / 1.15 droprates. It's very very dissapointing killing Hades or Typhon for the first time with a char in very basic gear after a damn hard fight and seeing nothing but yellows drop. At least the first time you kill an act endboss there should be at least one good drop, but thats far from what i'm seeing. What i'm seeing is 80-90% of the time when I pop a bossorb, or open a majestic chest after a boss it's yellows and greens. Even the first time your character kills them.

Signed ffs!!!!

Azuriel
03-07-2007, 09:09 PM
We need some Devs to come and chime in on this issue saying they will soup up the boss drops!

Soft Head 84
03-07-2007, 11:30 PM
We need some Devs to come and chime in on this issue saying they will soup up the boss drops!

well i don't see that happening unless we email them i dougt they even read this topic ..and if they did probelly waiting to see more ppls opinions

Asmodeous
03-07-2007, 11:39 PM
Well, after reading this thread, I have to say my opinion.

Assuming that what people are reporting is correct, that the first boss drop has been heavily nerfed, then I find that a huge disapointment.

This is one of this games attractions and as a long term dedicated diablo 2 player, it was a very welcome change and I really like the idea of the first battle with a boss being the most rewarding. I would praise The makers of this game if the first boss drop was a major loot fest and then subsequent "farm runs" where heavily nerfed. Well done I would say. Break away from the D2 mentality of 35 second pindle runs for countless hours trying to find that harley or herald you want for you character.

I find that to play legendry difficulty, you character needs legendry items. I have several characters all in suspended play because they cannot survive going any further because I don't have the equipment for them. Yes, im not doing farm runs with this game.

So really imho, legendry difficulty can only be played by the people prepared to farm for hours to get the items they need to survive that difficulty. hence why I think this game would be better served by wealthy first run boss drops and then nerf subsequent runs to deter farmers, and get the game to a point where it can be played as intended.

Sure, you can blame the "I want it now" generation. But what about the "well I would like it one day before I die of old age" generation? I'm not going to do hours of farm runs just so I can get my characters to finish legendry difficulty.
If that's the case, It will be going back to the shop or e-bayed.

Whisk33
03-07-2007, 11:47 PM
Well, after reading this thread, I have to say my opinion.

Assuming that what people are reporting is correct, that the first boss drop has been heavily nerfed, then I find that a huge disapointment.

This is 100% not true. If you read the patch notes they "INCREASED" the drop rates on the boss.

People are complaining becuase they THINK that they decreased the drops. Note that they INCREASED the drops. People are complaining that the drops arent enough for them.

Allow me to quote directly from the teh pacth update list. that can be found http://www.titanquest.net/forums/developer-digest/13201-tq-patch-1-3-live.html#post117987

BALANCE:

- Increased the unique item drop rate on boss chests on both first encounters and subsequent playthroughs

- Increased the unique item drop rate on Epic and Legendary "exclusive" monsters

- Reduced the difficulty on Typhon on normal difficulty level

This is what they did.

Asmodeous
03-07-2007, 11:58 PM
Well, I have two characters at level 35 approx ready to drop normal typhon and a level 50 something ready to drop epic typhon for the first time also. When I heard about this expansion I did that deliberatly for those three characters hoping to kill typhon and then portal off to the new scenario.

So I guess tonite I'll find out for my self.

Zaishi
03-08-2007, 12:08 AM
This is 100% not true. If you read the patch notes they "INCREASED" the drop rates on the boss.

People are complaining becuase they THINK that they decreased the drops. Note that they INCREASED the drops. People are complaining that the drops arent enough for them.

Allow me to quote directly from the teh pacth update list. that can be found http://www.titanquest.net/forums/developer-digest/13201-tq-patch-1-3-live.html#post117987

This is what they did.

No, that's what they said. What they say and do aren't always going to be the same. Perhaps they included the wrong drop tables with the patch.

Drops have not been increased. Anyone who has played the game for more than a few hours is going to notice not getting anything from bosses. It's not appearance, trend, or luck. It's clear as day.

Infares
03-08-2007, 12:13 AM
No, that's what they said. What they say and do aren't always going to be the same. Perhaps they included the wrong drop tables with the patch.

Drops have not been increased. Anyone who has played the game for more than a few hours is going to notice not getting anything from bosses. It's not appearance, trend, or luck. It's clear as day.

I did run normal Typhon and got a blue, that was with a level 40 Brigand. Secondary drop, obviously.

r00ster
03-08-2007, 12:31 AM
I think I have an amazing idea...

Give the "major" bosses a unique drop... that is unique to them.

Think about it, it will shut up both sides.

Make typhon drop some armor etc EVERY time you fight him, that is really good armor, but is the EXACT same piece every time. Just make sure Typhon is the ONLY one who drops this piece. THis way, the ppl who want their drop get it, but its all they get for the farmer deterent. Or just make him drop one item from the database, but always the same one in subsequent runs.

Note, I did say make the armor whatever really good, so you can "survive" legendary, tho I have never had trouble, without uber tricked out toon.

I WOULD LIKE TO POINT OUT SOMETHING I NOTICED TOO...

they said in the notes, that the unique epic and legendary exclusinve boss monsters drops were Greatly increased.

I have a job for you farmers, instead of Typhon, run the hydra and manticore, please inform us of the drops. I have a hunch they will be amazing... please, just humor me.

On a side note, my new Harbinger is now lvl 10, I have so far 3 unique weapons, a deathweaver legtip, a unique caster armband, and unique armor....this is not yet at delphi, act 1 normal difficulty... so far drops appear right on track for "MY" tastes.

froen55792
03-08-2007, 12:45 AM
Well, from my standpoint in Normal difficulty I ran the gammut of Wusao Caverns tonight using 1.30 for the first time, killed Ormenos to finish off act 3, and got nary a green even once again. I've gotten 3 of my chars past Ormenos now and NONE got so much as a green which really sucks. I did get a level 20 blue helm when I burst Typhon's bubble, the 3rd best helm maybe for this character, and also got a green amulet from him which is nothing special either, so I'm not exactly dancing in the frozen streets tonight. If Iron Lore cant be counted on for a green at least in a Telkine kill at end of act, then I have no interest in purchasing the IT expansion.

BigAl
03-08-2007, 12:52 AM
I've been play IT for a couple days, and I can definitely say the boss character drop rates have been severely decreased. I thought I was just having a really bad stroke of luck until I came here and saw this thread. There is no question about it, the bosses don't drop jack anymore. I made 10 runs on the Telkine in Greece, and didn't get a SINGLE blue item. So, I got through Egypt and did 10 runs on that Telkine....and got 1. I thought maybe it was because I was playing on normal difficulty, so I loaded up my lvl54 hunter and did a few runs...nothing. I understand they may want to deter farming, but for me this really takes away from the game.

Zaishi
03-08-2007, 02:40 AM
I did run normal Typhon and got a blue, that was with a level 40 Brigand. Secondary drop, obviously.

I did not mean "anything" literally. ;)

Ganymed
03-08-2007, 03:05 AM
I have almost completed my first game with my new dream/storm char and am in the last chapter of the expansion. In my opinion the drop levels havent changed on normal difficulty. Like before you get (of course) no purples and some blue ones. One of them (a blue lightning staff for dream users) was really useful. They seem random dropped, sometimes from normal mobs, sometimes from bosses, sometimes from chests.

You still can get the same again in one run - I found three(!) times the blue "gloves of the crimson guard".... I expected they fixed that (why not set a flag for a inventory item and prevent that from being dropped again?)

But I agree that it got far worse for boss runs with high-level chars. I imported my two chars from old TQ, which are both level 55 and tried about 20 minor boss runs (yeti in asia, spider queen and cyclops in greece) and got ONE blue one and no purple ones and lots of yellow and green crap (of course).
in old TQ I got in these runs at least 2-3 purple ones.

LordDivine
03-08-2007, 04:15 AM

This is what they did.

Maybe, but the droprates are still way too low for hard bosses like Hades and Typhon. You can do 5+ runs and see nothing but yellows and greens, even the first time you kill them you have a lousy chance of getting anything, and like other ppl said here you need legendary items to survive in legendary difficulty, and as it is now it is _impossible_ to farm gear to do that. The droprates are way too low to call bossruns farming.

Have done more than 40 Hades runs on Legendary now and i have a pair of boots, a staff, a shield and a crap bow to show for it. That's 1 decent legendary every 10 runs. Like i posted earlier, I've managed to do 8 runs without getting a single epic or legendary item. I'm glad i had old chars to import, otherwise i wouldn't be able do survive legendary atm at all. If you think that droprate is "increased" i think you're wrong.

The Rock-man
03-08-2007, 08:52 AM
I am SURE that they said that typhon drop rate has be returned to v1.15 rates, but that clearly can't be the case.

And for exmaple if i did 10 runs of Typhon (in epic with a new Char) and 99 other people did 10 runs (Also with new chars), and in all of those runs only 5 blues 1 purp and 10 greens.
Would you still say that would be invaild data Whisk33? After all none of them have done 50-100 runs.

Thats 100 first time runs and 900 secondly runs. BTW that would be a better set of data due to number of first time runs than if 10 people did 100 runs.

r00ster
03-08-2007, 11:26 AM
$%&*%^&(^&*^#&*@(^$&*(#$^

They wanted to deter farming. ffs.

Try running "areas."

Stop farming for gd items, they devs do not want this, that is why.

They have increased difficulty specific boss drops, so if you must farm, run the freaking hydra or manticore.

I swear to freaking God, I am getting loads of crap with my legendary toons, I wasn't going to play my old TQ toons, but I had to see what everyone is bitching about. I have my paladin, in 1 level, running through chin AREAS with a full invetory, and 1 1/2 bags of purples and blues.

STOP farming, run areas. $^#&*I$^&#*($^&*

LordDivine
03-08-2007, 11:49 AM
$%&*%^&(^&*^#&*@(^$&*(#$^

They wanted to deter farming. ffs.

Try running "areas."

Stop farming for gd items, they devs do not want this, that is why.

They have increased difficulty specific boss drops, so if you must farm, run the freaking hydra or manticore.

I swear to freaking God, I am getting loads of crap with my legendary toons, I wasn't going to play my old TQ toons, but I had to see what everyone is bitching about. I have my paladin, in 1 level, running through chin AREAS with a full invetory, and 1 1/2 bags of purples and blues.

STOP farming, run areas. $^#&*I$^&#*($^&*

1) Chill out :p

2) Where did they state that they wanted to remove the farming aspect ?

3)That's completely random, too much randomness is bad imho, and when you play singleplayer mostly or with only a few other people and wanna complete sets etc. Running areas just _doesn't_ work. You can run areas from now till kingdom come and not get a single piece of gear your class needs. TQ + IT is a very gear minded game, so the area running you're referring to doesn't work well. It's completely random, especially when it comes to armor drops. Won't work.

r00ster
03-08-2007, 12:11 PM
You can run areas from now till kingdom come and not get a single piece of gear your class needs. TQ + IT is a very gear minded game, so the area running you're referring to doesn't work well. It's completely random,

So is farming a boss. It's all random. You could farm a boss 55 million times to, and not get a single piece your class needs.

Its a very gear minded game, so the farming runs you're reffering to doesn't work well (as they have implemented a method to deter farmers) Its completely random :)

Also they increased "trash" mob chances of uniques etc, and lowered boss' so it only makes sense....

Sorry but I had to. Totally irrelevant lol. Farm a boss, farm an area, same deal. :whistle:

smokes
03-08-2007, 12:13 PM
I really wish a dev would drop in and comment on this issue, maybe they are testing it for themselves now? Again I'm not complaining about the overall drops on items, there are plenty of greens/blues dropping in random places during normal acts, just such a pain to down boss after boss and never (yes NEVER) see a blue item from a boss chest/orb.

LordDivine
03-08-2007, 12:45 PM
So is farming a boss. It's all random. You could farm a boss 55 million times to, and not get a single piece your class needs.

Its a very gear minded game, so the farming runs you're reffering to doesn't work well (as they have implemented a method to deter farmers) Its completely random :)

Also they increased "trash" mob chances of uniques etc, and lowered boss' so it only makes sense....

Sorry but I had to. Totally irrelevant lol. Farm a boss, farm an area, same deal. :whistle:

Not by a long shot. You can spend 10-15 minutes doing an area over and over, and not get anything. The old droprate on Typhon vs. the time it took, made one able to complete sets if you really wanted to, his droprate was nice so sooner or later he would drop it. And he did, i have quite a few completed sets from farming him back then. With the current droprate you won't really be able to complete anything by yourself. And that's my point :(

PyroDrew
03-08-2007, 12:58 PM
The drops are fine.

LordDivine
03-08-2007, 01:03 PM
The drops are fine.

No they're not. The droprate on orbs and boss chests are so nerfed anyone playing singleplayer might aswell forget about getting any new set completed.

Mindless
03-08-2007, 01:11 PM
No they're not. The droprate on orbs and boss chests are so nerfed anyone playing singleplayer might aswell forget about getting any new set completed.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Hades drops plenty of items. If you farm normal / epic you will see that after 10-20 runs, you'll have at least a couple of parts in a few different sets. Farming Hades on legendary though is a different thing. Legendary items are alot more infrequent than before and the risk in getting to Hades is far greater than any other boss. But, when he does drop things, they generally tend to be good. At least for me.

PyroDrew
03-08-2007, 01:16 PM

You're wrong.

Whisk33
03-08-2007, 01:16 PM
Maybe, but the droprates are still way too low for hard bosses like Hades and Typhon.
There is nothing I can say to argue that you dont think they are high enough. I can only suggest using TQHades which increase drop rates to your liking. This is where you can say everything you like and I have nothing to reply with. If you dont like the droprate percentage then thats your deal. If you think they lowered it when they increased it... (either there's a bug) or you're wrong.

I am SURE that they said that typhon drop rate has be returned to v1.15 rates, but that clearly can't be the case. I have heard that they increased the drop rates, but not that they returned them. They increased the drops becuase no one was really fond of not having a way to find items. I do not think that they would have returned it 100% back though. (thats all speculation)

And for exmaple if i did 10 runs of Typhon (in epic with a new Char) and 99 other people did 10 runs (Also with new chars), and in all of those runs only 5 blues 1 purp and 10 greens.
Would you still say that would be invaild data Whisk33? After all none of them have done 50-100 runs.

Thats 100 first time runs and 900 secondly runs. BTW that would be a better set of data due to number of first time runs than if 10 people did 100 runs. Sure thats fine. The most important thing is to stay consistant. Example. If I have everyone flip their quarter and post if they got a heads and no one posted if they got a tails, tails would still not exsist. Just like it didnt exsist when I flipped it only 5 times. So even though I have 100 flips I still dont have a blind pool. Even 100 runs isnt enough! think about the percentages that it might go out to... The squeaky wheel gets the grease right? Well most people don't care about posting unless that are getting crap/nothing. Which is why what you say to do is hard to accomplish. Though yes if you and 6 or 8 other people each do 20 runs and record your results it would be relatively more accurate. I simply hate mathmatical falicies. i.e. when people say they lowered drops rates becuase they got 5 bad drops.

I really wish a dev would drop in and comment on this issue, maybe they are testing it for themselves now?
What are you expecting them to say? They could repeat the patch details... then tell you that they do still play the games and havent given up on us. They need something to comment on. Currently it is people saying "I dont like the drop rates" . If you asked "Are the drop rates broken" they might step in, but I think too many people are enjoying good drops, though this may just be my bias.. I know my character has seen a ton of blues since the 1.3 patch. I'm level 60! and playing in legendary. I thought that was very odd. Other than that I have nothing to complain about. I have been finding a ton of gear green blue and purple. Sorry.

Soft Head 84
03-08-2007, 02:05 PM
What are you expecting them to say? They could repeat the patch details... then tell you that they do still play the games and havent given up on us. They need something to comment on. Currently it is people saying "I dont like the drop rates" . If you asked "Are the drop rates broken" they might step in, but I think too many people are enjoying good drops, though this may just be my bias.. I know my character has seen a ton of blues since the 1.3 patch. I'm level 60! and playing in legendary. I thought that was very odd. Other than that I have nothing to complain about. I have been finding a ton of gear green blue and purple. Sorry.

well i still hate the drop rates but that perrty much sums up there opintion
they don't care all the see is whineing ppl thats not gonna make them commenton anything.......:errf:

Infares
03-08-2007, 02:14 PM
well i still hate the drop rates but that perrty much sums up there opintion
they don't care all the see is whineing ppl thats not gonna make them commenton anything.......:errf:

Would you if you were them? If there was some way to prove a bug existed then they have something to work with.

I was disappointed in the drops but that's because I've been playing with TQA set to 10x containers and 5x monsters for the last three months.

Whisk33
03-08-2007, 02:15 PM
The Dev's have spent tons of time in the forum. Answering questions and helping people out. Tons of the changes that have been introduced (such as the last increase in drop rates) comes from their involvement. I would definately say that they care! They care about REAL issues. This is not an issue but more of a preference. If the general view is that the drops are still poor, then you can be certain that they will make the needed changes. You can see (through this thread alone) that there is more than 1 person on either side of the fence. (which usually means its close to being divided well..)

WNxDeathbane
03-08-2007, 02:15 PM
I have been lvling a diviner together with lorddivine's champion.
We are gettin near hades palace now and in the last few days we only had a handfull of blue's.
Also been trying some boss grinding on my warden on epic.
Only 2 blue's.
Anyone who denies the droprates are broken must get a hammer smacked in his face.
This is below "low"droprates.
It really feels insulting to see hades himself on epic drop only yellows :mad:

Infares
03-08-2007, 02:19 PM
I agree wholeheartedly. A big part of what makes the Titan Quest community kick so much *** is the fact that the devs are an active and interested part of it.

No other development team has invested the time in interacting with their player community like Iron Lore has. I've been gaming for over two decades and this is literally the first time I've run into this phenomenon.

Ergo, this sort of stuff takes time. Hardware conflicts happen a lot, engines aren't perfect. Give IL some time and they will fix it.

WNxDeathbane
03-08-2007, 02:29 PM
I agree wholeheartedly. A big part of what makes the Titan Quest community kick so much *** is the fact that the devs are an active and interested part of it.

No other development team has invested the time in interacting with their player community like Iron Lore has. I've been gaming for over two decades and this is literally the first time I've run into this phenomenon.

Ergo, this sort of stuff takes time. Hardware conflicts happen a lot, engines aren't perfect. Give IL some time and they will fix it.

Ofcourse a starting company as ironlore would want to proof itself to its community by fixing problems that they recieve from the people that play the game.
So yea probably in time they will fix it but lets hope they don't wait too long with that cus it might make people wonder off to different games:(
Anyway il be praying to the gods for items and smooth FPS till then :shifty:

LordDivine
03-08-2007, 02:36 PM
You're wrong.

Based on what facts ?

Have been doing almost nothing but Hades, Typhon and Telkine act 2+3 the last 3 days... 50-60+ runs and i have 3 decent useable items and 2 new set item to show for it.

That is what i base my posts on, personal experience, not 2nd hand knowledge.

r00ster
03-08-2007, 03:02 PM
Someone please farm the hydra and manticore.

Farming is something I do not do, as I would rather watch paint dry, then peel off the wall, so I would like to see if these drops are really increased as stated.

And as for farming "areas," you say it wouldn't be worth it, but comparing my drops, to what you have stated in your boss farming drops, I am totally killing you.

I am running the jade palace areas, and have nearly all 3 bags full now with 1 character, so to close your previous point, I think it is worth it.

Soft Head 84
03-08-2007, 03:14 PM
I would definately say that they care! They care about REAL issues. l..)

Oh realy tell that to this guy...

Have been doing almost nothing but Hades, Typhon and Telkine act 2+3 the last 3 days... 50-60+ runs and i have 3 decent useable items and 2 new set item to show for it.

That is what i base my posts on, personal experience, not 2nd hand knowledge.

so heres a "REAL issue" there is no point what so ever to kill bosses for loot when u can farm caves/etc etc for more loot .to me thats broken..cuz bosses are way harder then trash mobs

krameriffic
03-08-2007, 03:39 PM
Something I found interesting, I'm just playing through Act 4 on epic with my 51 Conqueror and I found 5 greens off of the purple-named glowy packs in Paseron (think that's the name) City, the one right after the third waypoint. There are only about 7 of the packs guarding the citizens you're supposed to free, and 5 of them dropped green bows.

PyroDrew
03-08-2007, 03:48 PM
Based on what facts ?

:knockout: You're the one making the accusation simply based on a few hours of play & suddenly you're the expert on drop rates?:lol:

All I see here is someone who has played through Hades and only deem certain specific blues/purples to be "decent" AND expect/demand these to drop like candy from a pinata.:sick:

I've seen bad luck streaks that last a lot longer than 50-60runs. I've seen far better tests to judge an area than your mere alleged 50-60runs... your sample size is too small, your data is irrelevant and your bias has skewed your judgment.

As others have mentioned before - go download the mod where you can hack your drop rates. The items are meant to be "legendary" and "elite", but if you want to hack them into "common" go ahead do it on your own game.

smokes
03-08-2007, 04:47 PM
Someone please farm the hydra and manticore.

Farming is something I do not do, as I would rather watch paint dry, then peel off the wall, so I would like to see if these drops are really increased as stated.

And as for farming "areas," you say it wouldn't be worth it, but comparing my drops, to what you have stated in your boss farming drops, I am totally killing you.

I am running the jade palace areas, and have nearly all 3 bags full now with 1 character, so to close your previous point, I think it is worth it.

I kind of agree with you here, from what I've seen personally, but I still have issues with it (which are of a personal preference but i think alot of people agree with this).

I've played for a week or so now, through act1-4 normal and now going through act 1 epic. I am lvl 43 and I have got a nice amount of blues equipped, along with my girlfriend who has mostly blues equipped plus 1 legendary. What bothers me is next to none of this loot has dropped from bosses, almost all is from random mobs and random chests etc.

The thing is, if you want to develop your character to the max in this game (and that is a big draw of this type of game to a lot of people), you need to farm. Farming is pretty boring and the only thing IMO that makes it more fun is having to farm challenging encounters which guarantee some reasonable reward (ie Boss runs), instead of going for hours just grinding trash mobs which are not really challenging and certainly not as fun just because it yields better results itemwise.

LordDivine
03-08-2007, 07:24 PM
:knockout: You're the one making the accusation simply based on a few hours of play & suddenly you're the expert on drop rates?:lol:

All I see here is someone who has played through Hades and only deem certain specific blues/purples to be "decent" AND expect/demand these to drop like candy from a pinata.:sick:

I've seen bad luck streaks that last a lot longer than 50-60runs. I've seen far better tests to judge an area than your mere alleged 50-60runs... your sample size is too small, your data is irrelevant and your bias has skewed your judgment.

As others have mentioned before - go download the mod where you can hack your drop rates. The items are meant to be "legendary" and "elite", but if you want to hack them into "common" go ahead do it on your own game.

1) No i'm no expert, tho i do have around 250 hours of actual TQ gaming on my back, which a lot of was doing Act 3 Telkine and then Typhon.

2) No i don't want stuff to drop all over the place constantly, but the last 4 days i'm not seeing even the shadow of what the old bossdrops used to be.

3) A few hours of play? Closing in on 50 hours of IT, i'm doing my best to test and try what i can.

4) Maybe 50-60 runs aint much to call it a real test, but i'm simply comparing now with what it used to be. The drop rates when i played used to be worth the farming. And im curious to weather others agreed with me, or if it was just me. So far a lot of ppl have agreed and some haven't. I just appreciate the feedback :)

LordDivine
03-08-2007, 07:27 PM
I kind of agree with you here, from what I've seen personally, but I still have issues with it (which are of a personal preference but i think alot of people agree with this).

I've played for a week or so now, through act1-4 normal and now going through act 1 epic. I am lvl 43 and I have got a nice amount of blues equipped, along with my girlfriend who has mostly blues equipped plus 1 legendary. What bothers me is next to none of this loot has dropped from bosses, almost all is from random mobs and random chests etc.

The thing is, if you want to develop your character to the max in this game (and that is a big draw of this type of game to a lot of people), you need to farm. Farming is pretty boring and the only thing IMO that makes it more fun is having to farm challenging encounters which guarantee some reasonable reward (ie Boss runs), instead of going for hours just grinding trash mobs which are not really challenging and certainly not as fun just because it yields better results itemwise.

The last part there was exactly what i was trying to say, completely agree :)

I really miss that option, and it was there in the past, and it worked quite well tbh. You knew you weren't sure Typhon or the Telkine would drop something, but you knew that chances were high enough to make it worth doing. So when your were done doing legendary and you char still needed better gear you knew where to turn.

Infares
03-08-2007, 08:07 PM
The last part there was exactly what i was trying to say, completely agree :)

I really miss that option, and it was there in the past, and it worked quite well tbh. You knew you weren't sure Typhon or the Telkine would drop something, but you knew that chances were high enough to make it worth doing. So when your were done doing legendary and you char still needed better gear you knew where to turn.

They did say they were improving the drops, and I have gotten decent stuff in normal with my level 40ish brigand. I got a lot more greens than blues though, and Greens are more viable when it comes to twinking out lower characters because you can artificially raise their stats to get into gear that blows away any uniques they would ever use.

Did you play much in 1.20? Or are you comparing the above to 1.15?

LordDivine
03-08-2007, 08:42 PM
i played mostly before 1.20, i did play some 1.20 ofc, but the farming i did was done before that patch.

Infares
03-08-2007, 09:36 PM
i played mostly before 1.20, i did play some 1.20 ofc, but the farming i did was done before that patch.

Okay, gaining some perspective on what you're going through now. Most of the best farming done through 1.20 included areas full of monsters equipped with gear followed by a boss. A couple in Legendary being from Parnassus Portal through Lower and Upper Warcamp, the Gorgons, and then through the Pythian Caves to the other side, and the Parthenon level including Alastor for mage gear.

Another popular run includes setting your rebirth fountain at the last one before the Minotaur Lord and running ML, Megalesios, then porting to Megara and beating Polyphemus and then going to Sparta and taking down Nessus.

The Parnassus to Pythian and Parthenon runs involve scouring every monster and chest along the way to the bosses and through whatever dungeons are involved, (the Gorgons of course having a small dungeon after them as well) and leaving no stone unturned. This also goes for the Valley of the Kings run which includes -every- tomb in the area, every monster, etc followed by Aktaios.

Wusao mountains runs through Ormenos and followed by a standard Olympian run is good too but in legendary those monsters can, well, kick your *** if you're not uber leetsauce.

Sticking to that strategy Minervian and his wife schellen got tons of purples doing farming runs and Incinerate had good success running Alastor. It's just a matter of perspective, perhaps you were kinda spoiled by running Typhon in 1.15?

Asmodeous
03-09-2007, 12:10 AM

This is what they did.

Ok. Loaded up IT last night and first, played my three characters (two in normal, one epic) thru their typhon first kills. Then played one of the normal diff characters thru untill the third town way point.

For all of that, I got a total of 5 blues, 2 of them new items, 5 of the artifact letter things, 2 of the new spell scrolls and what I would expect in animal charms and relics, mostly new.

Interestingly, only one of the artifact letter things and one blue item came from any typhon, majestic chest or other boss drop. Most of the blues and good items came from random monsters and chests/bone piles etc rather than specific boss's.

So, if this is a good indication of boos drops for v1.30 IT, then my disapointment with this expansion stands and I'll probably loose interest again with TQ very quickly.

Mardagg
03-09-2007, 01:18 AM
Normal mob drops IMHO are perfect compared to the 1.2 patch but I've only seen yellow in majestic chest & boss drops in IT.. Soon as I see a majestic chest I expect a bunch of fodder which is disappointing. An increase of epic/legendary chance to those areas would equal a perfect loot system throughout.

Its currently not a game breaker to me, but its a logical thing that high end chest should be dropping better equipment than common areas.

Asmodeous
03-09-2007, 01:48 AM
Yeah. I guess Iron lore wanted to get away from the whole boss runs item farming thing that D2/lod does so well.

But then you have to ask then, what is the point of the majestic chest and boss orbs then? Why not just delete the majestic chest all together because you think that the higher the grade of chest, the more valuable it's contents.
Not the opposite.

The real game breaker for me is the lack of character toons. male or female. Lots of choice there. Particularly when they have images on the box, start up screen and web pages of a "third" character toon, a blone female. Talk about a classic case of false advertising or mis-representation. Look on any literature/web page/etc for D2 and all you will see are barbarians, amazons, sorceress, etc. You only see what is in the actual game and not some thing that is totally irrelevant to the games content.

LordDivine
03-09-2007, 03:59 AM
The thing with the area runs i'm "worried" about is that act 1-2-3 mobs wont drop the really nice/best high end items. Or could an act 1 mob drop the best/highest spear in-game, or would it be a lower leveled legendary? As far as my experience goes the lower act mobs wont drop the superior legendary items, only the lower end items. Or have i gotten it wrong ?

clive
03-09-2007, 05:44 AM
I would like to know that also.

I got a level 48 spear in act 1 legendary if that helps lol

Whisk33
03-09-2007, 09:23 AM
I have noticed that I can actually find epic items now even with my level 60 Warden in the 1.3 patch. So the Character level required for items to fall and monster level for those items to fall seemed to have raised quite a bit. (since before epics practically were non exsistant at level 45-50.) I start IT tomorrow, then I can use arcane formulas! joy. I find a ton more relics than I have before. Am I the only one seeing that? I have completed like 10 relics the past couple nights... oh that might be becuase I have been using the X3monster mod also... anyone else seem to find a lot of relics?

Jrex
03-09-2007, 10:01 AM
Sorry, you do not need 50-100 runs for your results to have any significance. 10 runs is statistically valid. More isn't necessarilary better either.

Whether you run the calculations in a spreadsheet or with a pencil and paper doesn't matter either, except to be sure you use the correct formulas.

PyroDrew
03-09-2007, 01:09 PM
Sorry, you do not need 50-100 runs for your results to have any significance. 10 runs is statistically valid. More isn't necessarilary better either.

Some people have low standards for what qualifies as significant (happy with low confidence levels). If you flip a coin 10 times and head doesn't show up & you want to claim that's significant enough to say there is a problem with the coin then be my guest. :D Further, most good statistics actually record each result ("run") and without vague arbitary terms (such as "decent" blue item vs. blue item) so everyone can judge the results for themselves... and we don't have that here. Maybe he sees the Tracker's Hood as a not "decent" purple item for his mage? You don't know. In conclusion, you can send me all your flawed coins that land on tails 10times.:whistle:

mcgintis1979
03-09-2007, 01:14 PM
In my opinion the boss drops and chest drops are horrible.
My two cents to add to the pot.

PyroDrew
03-09-2007, 01:28 PM
The thing with the area runs i'm "worried" about is that act 1-2-3 mobs wont drop the really nice/best high end items. Or could an act 1 mob drop the best/highest spear in-game, or would it be a lower leveled legendary? As far as my experience goes the lower act mobs wont drop the superior legendary items, only the lower end items. Or have i gotten it wrong ?

Generally, the lower acts are usually easier so it wouldn't surprise me if they followed Diablo(2)'s model with the majority of higher level requirement items in the later/harder acts.

WNxDeathbane
03-09-2007, 01:36 PM
what i found weird aswell is that epic hades ( lvl 75) drops low lvl epic items o_O

El-Kabong
03-09-2007, 01:38 PM
I noticed this happened to me and it was not good...:evil:

I joined a game on MP on line he was ahead of me in the game. He was in Rhakotis (2nd Act) and I still had to go through Athens to get to the Telkine. So after I played on line I went into single player to catch up on what I missed and the Drops ABSOLUTELY Sucked!:mad: The Telkine orb drop was ONLY Yellow items and that is horrible because I was in EPIC!

Anyone else experience this happening to them?

WNxDeathbane
03-09-2007, 01:42 PM
orb drop was ONLY Yellow items and that is horrible because I was in EPIC!

Anyone else experience this happening to them?

Constantly with every boss so far :happy:
Ow wait i lie.. i sometimes get a green item aswell:o

Whisk33
03-09-2007, 02:22 PM
@pyrodrew thank you. I was too angry to even comment on 10 runs being "statistically significant" something that is usually at a 95%stat.sig for a low...

WNxDeathbane
03-09-2007, 02:28 PM
Does that mod work for IT 1.1 or TQ 1.30 ?

Soft Head 84
03-09-2007, 02:36 PM
@pyrodrew thank you. I was too angry to even comment on 10 runs being "statistically significant" something that is usually at a 95%stat.sig for a low...

http://www.titanquest.net/forums/modifications-editor/11259-tqadvanced-mod-v1-3-a.html?highlight=TQhades
Heres a mod where you can increase your drops. If you really think they are too low. You CAN do something about it.

i think that only works for 1.20 i don't think any mods work for It

LordDivine
03-09-2007, 09:48 PM

http://www.titanquest.net/forums/modifications-editor/11259-tqadvanced-mod-v1-3-a.html?highlight=TQhades
Heres a mod where you can increase your drops. If you really think they are too low. You CAN do something about it. Doesnt work with It. MIGHT work with 1.3

I'm sorry if I wasn't prepared to sit here for 2 weeks doing enough runs to satisfy what you would consider to be a large enough testsample to make a post about my findings, or rather lack of findings, lol :). I'm an impatient man :) Like i said, i was used to the 1.15 droprates i guess, and wanted some feedback. That's it. So sorry if my post upset you in some way since you state that you were angry. :whistle:

Thanks for the link, but i'm afraid it only worked for 1.20. As much as i would hate to mod or change anything about the game, the current droprates do make me want to though ;)

LordDivine
03-09-2007, 10:05 PM
Generally, the lower acts are usually easier so it wouldn't surprise me if they followed Diablo(2)'s model with the majority of higher level requirement items in the later/harder acts.

Yup, would make sense. Would kinda suck getting the best gear before you were halfway done.

btw, try tossing a coin in "runs" of 10's and see if you can make it land heads or tails 10 times in a row. If you can do that in several "runs" i'd say there's something wrong with your coin and that it ain't working as intended, unless it's shape or weight distribution was designed that way and that's just how that coin worked. :)

Asmodean
03-09-2007, 10:26 PM
I haven't picked up my copy of IT yet, but I was wondering if the drop rates are affected by the patching process. Perhaps if you allow IT to patch an unpatched TQ, drop rates are better. However, if you have patched to 1.20, and then install IT, drop rates arent' so great. Just an idea. :D

smokes
03-10-2007, 05:10 AM

Heres a mod where you can increase your drops. If you really think they are too low. You CAN do something about it. Doesnt work with It. MIGHT work with 1.3

Since this entire thread is based on IT then no, we CANT do anything about it...

clive
03-10-2007, 05:56 AM
Drops seem fine to me in IT, i got 5 characters (mules) full of epics and legendarys sense i installed it.

smokes
03-10-2007, 06:23 AM
Drops seem fine to me in IT, i got 5 characters (mules) full of epics and legendarys sense i installed it.

I also have lots of epics/legendaries, thats not really the point of many of the complaints in this thread and if people bothered to read more than 1 post before replying they might realise what it is that actually bothers us players zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The Rock-man
03-10-2007, 06:45 AM
No the POINT is this BOSS drop rates are supposed to be improved but this dont seem to be the case in that they seem to of got WORSE.

clive
03-10-2007, 10:56 AM
I also have lots of epics/legendaries, thats not really the point of many of the complaints in this thread and if people bothered to read more than 1 post before replying they might realise what it is that actually bothers us players zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The point i was trying to put across is i got all those items from boss's sense i installed IT, in the last few days...

So for ME, the drops seem alot better, sense before the exp i got little to no items to speak of.

krameriffic
03-10-2007, 03:40 PM
I will say this: I usually get decent items out of the Secret Passage Majestic Chest on legendary. Unfortunately, I can't do that run 90% of the time because it's way hard for a Conqueror.

PyroDrew
03-10-2007, 04:15 PM
btw, try tossing a coin in "runs" of 10's and see if you can make it land heads or tails 10 times in a row. If you can do that in several "runs" i'd say there's something wrong with your coin and that it ain't working as intended, unless it's shape or weight distribution was designed that way and that's just how that coin worked.

Even IF you believe that - that isn't the case here. :) You've already admitted you had some tails (legendary & decent drops). Furthermore, since everyone is flipping the same coin (IT) this thread and others such as "Luck" (http://www.titanquest.net/forums/immortal-throne-gameplay/13422-luck.html) show some people are amazed by the drop improvement & others like you complain. That sounds like a good coin. I've seen the same thing with Diablo2 runs... some people complain Pindle is worthless & others worship him. It's called *luck*... and your few runs just scratched the surface of it's unpredictable nature. Well at this thread allows those with bad luck to vent, but has the side effect of making them attempt to rationalize/blame their luck on something else... and that's not new to game forums either.

I've also seen plenty of Diablo2 threads where the person complains about their drops... then other people point out their drops were good & how what they see as "junk" can easily be another man's treasure.

LordDivine
03-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Even IF you believe that - that isn't the case here. :) You've already admitted you had some tails (legendary & decent drops). Furthermore, since everyone is flipping the same coin (IT) this thread and others such as "Luck" (http://www.titanquest.net/forums/immortal-throne-gameplay/13422-luck.html) show some people are amazed by the drop improvement & others like you complain. That sounds like a good coin. I've seen the same thing with Diablo2 runs... some people complain Pindle is worthless & others worship him. It's called *luck*... and your few runs just scratched the surface of it's unpredictable nature. Well at this thread allows those with bad luck to vent, but has the side effect of making them attempt to rationalize/blame their luck on something else... and that's not new to game forums either.

I've also seen plenty of Diablo2 threads where the person complains about their drops... then other people point out their drops were good & how what they see as "junk" can easily be another man's treasure.

Yeah that's true, and yes i have found a few quite nice items, but they are very very hard to come by and i'd like to finish a new set before I grow old n' die :) And at least in D2 you had items boosting you to XXX % Chance of finding magical items and chars suited for that purpose (Tele sorc anyone?). I'm getting about 80% "old" items from Hades, when he drops a legendary. Would have hoped with the low drop chances, that his chance of dropping something new when he actually dropped something was somewhat higher. He even dropped some old blues for me, like rogue's headband... Come on dev's the legendary Hades is level 85-87 ? Varies actually, why make the endbosses in the highest difficulty able to drop something for a char in it's 30's ? :shifty:

Infares
03-10-2007, 10:37 PM
TQIT 1.1 normal typhon drop with a level 40 conjurer:

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o150/Infares/normtydrop.jpg

It was hilarious, I died to a bounced meteor just as his death animation started, so I spawn at the nearest Rebirth Fountain in Olympus when all of the sudden, Zeus starts congratulating me on a job well done.

partyboy
03-10-2007, 11:14 PM
same thing just happened to me on epic. typhon had about a millimeter of health left so i ran in and started whacking away and thought, he's about to cast meteor.. i should probably move out of range. but he's almost dead!~

so i kill him then get crushed myself.

(he dropped a blue)

clive
03-10-2007, 11:41 PM
One time i went against typhon and got his health half down and then died, and when i went back to him he went into his death animation, i have no idea how he died, guess it was a glitch.

Whisk33
03-11-2007, 01:33 AM
I'm sorry...

Thanks for the link, but i'm afraid it only worked for 1.20.

No need to apologize. Your posts didnt anger me. The dude saying ten runs is Statistically valid did... anyone who has taken a course in Statistics knows this isnt true... thats just crazy :knockout:

Sorry about the bad link.. to be honest I just did a quick search didnt research it. I'll try to keep an eye on it and post it here once it's up.

I understand your complaints. I can relate. If you feel the drops arent enough for you, I dont care. Its only when people say the drops are worse when the devs said they made them better... I know the Devs didnt want to encourage the same boss running like D2 supported. and the magic find ability definately changes things. I just started a new characte and I have It now. I havent had tons of epics since I am just not killing a whole bunch of people... but it still "feels" at least as good as before. (I say feel, but that really doesnt mean anything one way or another.) I havent even got out of act 1 yet. I seem to find a ton more relics. Thats all I got. I like the drops thus far. I would much rather have them error on the side of too few that too much. If I had to hack the game to make it more difficult I think that would be a VERY poorly designed game. Like I said I'll try and update the link when they finally make it.

@Smoke
I also have lots of epics/legendaries, thats not really the point of many of the complaints in this thread and if people bothered to read more than 1 post before replying they might realise what it is that actually bothers us players zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I have read all the posts... I thought the main two views in this thread was A) The drops are bad/they are worse and B) They were improved/the drops are fine... Isnt that what is bother you players zzzzz?

@Clive maybe he Typhon was angry with the crapy drop you gave him and he killed himself?

Maybe, once my toon grows up I'll recreate my Telkine Mintaur and Nessus Chest runs again and see how the drops are... but that wont be for a good long while me thinks.

Lord
03-12-2007, 08:43 PM
Alright finally finished act 4 on my level 65 SpellBreaker. I have compiled a list of notable drops throughout all of act 4 with no farming; but doing all main and side quests. "chest" refers to anywhere from bone pile-large chest, not Majestics or Otherwordly.

Epics:

Warriors set armor(Medea-chest)

My only epic drop throughout act 4, seemed kinda random

Legendarys:

Polydegmon(sp?)(Second Domain-chest)
Ploutons set armor(Cournicopia or something) (Elysium-chest)
Painweaver(Hades Wall?-chest)
Iris(Dread path?-Trogdolyte?)

Thats all on legendarys, seemed to be about the same as the first 3 acts, Notice how NONE of these dropped off of bosses or their chests.

Notable Greens:

Titanic Stygian Sheild(Hades Palace-Mob)
Torturers Stygian Staff(?????-Keres Witch)
Socrates Gossamer Wraps(Quest)
Folg(Trogdolyte-Plains of Judgement)

Had ALOT of these drop more than any other act, only a few that I'll actually use though. Nothing comparable to Stonebinders.

Arcane Formulas:

Ethereal Veil(Quest)
Lyre of Apollo(Hades Palace-Mob)
Marduk's Tablet of Destiny(Quest)
Star of Ishtar(Unfinished Bridge-Charon)
Conquerors Mark(Quest)

If only more Lessers and Greaters had dropped, I have all kinds of Divines but almost none of the ingredients.

Relics:

About 20-25,
10(Bosses)
5(Chests)
10(Mobs)

Same as last couple acts maybe even a bit more.

smokes
03-12-2007, 08:58 PM
I have read all the posts... I thought the main two views in this thread was A) The drops are bad/they are worse and B) They were improved/the drops are fine... Isnt that what is bother you players zzzzz?

The post you quote wasn't even directed at you. I have never in my posts argued the point that others suggest, that the droprates are better/equal to before, and I don't see why others feel the need to argue with my point.

As a matter of fact, if you read all of my posts you would know I have only played since the beginning of IT so I have no clue if the drops are better or worse or the same. And the only thing I have ever said bothers me is the fact you can kill bosses repeatedly and not get anything remotely good. If people are doing 20 boss runs in a row and not getting anything, sure it could just be their luck, but IMO its just wrong in a game where itemization means so much to progress.

I have no problems with modding the game to increase the droprates for myself, and that is what I shall do when such a mod becomes available.

Ganymed
03-13-2007, 03:05 AM
my opinion is:

as good or bad the drop system may be, there are situations in the game the player shall be rewarded in every case to keep his motivation:
Killing a main boss monster (Telkine, Typhon, Charon) for the _first_ time should _always_ be rewarded with (at least) one blue/blue or purple/purple item in normal/epic/legendary.

Yesterday in killed Typhon for the first time with my lev.56 ranger in Legendary - no blue one and no purple, only crap...aaarggh
I did quit the game immediatly and was very disappointed. :goth:

9suffix
03-13-2007, 03:41 AM
Just because I have to get it off my chest, I've been running my lvl 65 Conqueror up and down the Legendary River Styx (which is as far as I've gone) for about three hours and to this point I haven't come across a single Legendary item (That includes a killing Charon a number of times). I haven't quite completed the game in Epic, but decided to get a head start on Legendary. I was beginning to think that I couldn't get a drop because I hadn't completed IT in Epic once starting it or something like that.

However, just as I was quitting for the night I decided to run back down the hill from Medea's Grove and what do I find in the first chest I opened? The Sword of Covu. I don't even know if it will help me, but at least I have finally found a Legendary item in IT since installing the XP!!!! I kid you not...not a single Legendary item until then and that includes a lot of farming along the way.

There, I feel better. On a side note, my Conq is so pathetic I've taken to swinging two green/relic items.

JP

Jrex
03-13-2007, 04:32 AM
Yup, would make sense. Would kinda suck getting the best gear before you were halfway done.

btw, try tossing a coin in "runs" of 10's and see if you can make it land heads or tails 10 times in a row. If you can do that in several "runs" i'd say there's something wrong with your coin and that it ain't working as intended, unless it's shape or weight distribution was designed that way and that's just how that coin worked. :)

That was my whole point. I'm not talking about +-3 sigma for the 99% theoretically "pure" which by the way applies only to true bell shaped random distribution curves, and its questionable using such formulas on somethng like computer game date which is anything but truely random.

Yes, I took statistics in college and have a few degrees too. I don't remember all of it but thats no reason to dis me.

The Rock-man
03-13-2007, 11:00 AM
Personally i think bosses need a larger bias toward blues/purps at the moment, something more like this at lest 50% chance of 1 blue/purp dropping, from there i dont care if it drops to 0.1% chance of 2 dropping or 1/1,000,000.

raduneo
03-13-2007, 11:26 AM
- Increased the unique item drop rate on Epic and Legendary "exclusive" monsters

While I didn't notice fantastic drop rates on most boss monsters, I was quite succesful in farming Epic Talos and Manticore so far!!! (around 70-80 runs in total, and I got around 35 Epics/Legendaries, 10 Artifact recipes, over 40 relics... etc) And last night I did 5 Dragon Lich Runs, and each time I found at least 1 Epic or one Arficact recipes, sometimes more than one of each! :) My character is a level 51 Spellbraker now BTW.

Although sometimes the first 2 to 10 runs I sometimes don't find much, it always tends to stabilize after that, and I get really nice drops! I guerantee you that after 20 runs on Talos/Manticore/Dragon lich, you'll get at the very least 5-6 Epics/legendaries, 4 Artifact recipes, and countless relics!!! :)

Try it, and tell me how it worked for you. Just remember that sometimes it's highly possible to not find much useful stuff even the first 8 runs! (that's what happened to me a few times)

Infares
03-13-2007, 11:29 AM
Nice. :D

clive
03-13-2007, 12:09 PM
Yes ive been running talos and lich dragon and got many legendary items and *** loads of relics.

partyboy
03-13-2007, 12:21 PM
how easy were bosses in diablo compared to tq? and how frequently did they drop the equivalent of epics and legendaries?

i can kill epic hades with my lvl 53 diviner in about 30 seconds with basically no chance of dying. considering how fast and easy it is (a whole run probably takes less than 2minutes), i'm not sure i'm unhappy with how the boss drops are. if he dropped a legendary every other time, including ones that are useless to your char, then surely you could go through every item in the game within a week.

Belhawk
03-13-2007, 12:41 PM
i farmed the 1st telkin(sp) in act 1, and the 1st 8 0r 9 i got a blue. Then i took a break to eat and went back to farming him and the next 6 were all yellows.

KingWafflePants
03-13-2007, 01:08 PM
After reading all the posts in this thread I decided to farm for a while to test out the drop rates just straight farming hades. I killed hades 100 times on legendary and the results were 59 Legendary items, 4 Epic items, 61 Green items, and 14 Fomulae. Droprate seems pretty good to me, although thats not to say i didnt have dry spells. For example, I had about 9 runs in a row that gave nothing but yellows. On the other side of the spectrum though i had a few runs where 3 legendaries dropped off of Hades, so it all kinda balanced out in the end.

Whisk33
03-13-2007, 01:55 PM
@kingwafflepants
1) nice name
2) your level is very important. You should state what your level was when you started and finsihed.
3) keeping a list of the legendaries, epics, (greens if you are REALLY proactive) would help people know where to farm for certain items.
4) Awesome job.

smokes
03-13-2007, 04:02 PM
After reading all the posts in this thread I decided to farm for a while to test out the drop rates just straight farming hades. I killed hades 100 times on legendary and the results were 59 Legendary items, 4 Epic items, 61 Green items, and 14 Fomulae. Droprate seems pretty good to me, although thats not to say i didnt have dry spells. For example, I had about 9 runs in a row that gave nothing but yellows. On the other side of the spectrum though i had a few runs where 3 legendaries dropped off of Hades, so it all kinda balanced out in the end.

That's all good info to have, but one of the problems is people being unable to progress well through epic and legendary because of the lack of gear dropping at lower levels and lower difficulty modes. Good job however.

Infares
03-13-2007, 05:07 PM
I think smokes has a valid point, by the time you're in legendary you've had the whole game to amass good equipment, and by extension you probably don't need that much -more- at that point to succeed better than you did to get there in the first place.

It's the characters below level 40 that need all the help.

smokes
03-13-2007, 06:05 PM
Another thing to think about is those people, like me, who only got the game when IT came. Most other people have been playing TQ original for a long time, and thus farmed a fair amount of decent gear after completing the original game to take them through the expansion. Those of us who didn't have that chance to get gear pre-exp could get a bit screwed in this department. Personally I got lucky and found pretty much enough to keep me going at this stage, but others may not have.

Masquerouge
03-13-2007, 06:24 PM
Another thing to think about is those people, like me, who only got the game when IT came. Most other people have been playing TQ original for a long time, and thus farmed a fair amount of decent gear after completing the original game to take them through the expansion. Those of us who didn't have that chance to get gear pre-exp could get a bit screwed in this department. Personally I got lucky and found pretty much enough to keep me going at this stage, but others may not have.

Tell me about it. One of the biggest reasons why my Thane is doing good in Hades is because of all the loot I got in TQ that I was able to transfer to him. I don't think you're supposed to dual-wield Rymescythe and Kalar's Convincer at level 36...

Mivo
03-13-2007, 06:36 PM
how easy were bosses in diablo compared to tq? and how frequently did they drop the equivalent of epics and legendaries?

Some bosses were easier/faster to get to, others were harder/slower to get to. It also was very item- and build-dependent, and whether you used utilities that revealed the layout of the dungeon (most areas in Diablo 2 were randomized to a degree). Droprates depended on bosses and, chiefly, on your character's "magic find" value. That was a modifier on equipment. I'd say farming in Diablo 2 was largely the same.

i can kill epic hades with my lvl 53 diviner in about 30 seconds with basically no chance of dying. considering how fast and easy it is (a whole run probably takes less than 2minutes), i'm not sure i'm unhappy with how the boss drops are.

It was the same in D2, really. With a properly sorceress I could do Mephisto on Nightmare (same as Epic here) in 30 seconds, for the whole run, the boss fight were only a few seconds. Baal runs took longer, and on Hell difficulty (= Legendary) the runs took a few minutes, though you could do Pindleskin/Shenk/Eldritch (three easy-to-get-to bosses) in very quick succession with the right build.

Personally, I prefer to find good drops when questing or when clearing large areas with trash mobs and hero monsters. It's more fun to me than hopping in and out of games, having to resummon/buff, and less boring. But that's just me, everyone has their own preferences. :)

Hawkslayer
03-13-2007, 11:55 PM
Subster....why would ANYONE argue with this logic? You are correct absolutely! Who wants to farm a boss 50 to 100 times? Drops DO need improving...or balanced. To defeat the HARDEST bosses in the game to get the same rewards as killing a boar in Act 1? Ridiculous! AM I complaining? A game need a continuity that makes the 30 minute battles and WHOLE GAME BUILD UP to actually matter in the drop. Play the game ALL OVER AGAIN ONLY HARDER? Sure....just give me a drop at the final boss that makes it interesting to continue. Subster...you arent alone with what you think.

smokes
03-14-2007, 12:07 AM
The funny thing is, after waiting so tentatively for the droprate enhancer to be fixed for IT, after testing it for a couple of hours today, I threw out all the items that I got from using it (many of which were omfg nice) just because it doesn't seem right for me to play the game in a different way to how it was intended. Even just upping the rates to drop 1 legendary every couple of kills was too much for me.

What's really strange is if the devs upped the rates to this themselves, I'd be perfectly happy! Guess I'm just not a fan of 'cheating' games like this, it takes away the reward feeling of finally getting that item you really want.

Hawkslayer
03-14-2007, 12:16 AM
Very well put. I wonder if the Devs are doing anything about this fact. How could it have escaped their notice? Did they USE playtesters?

smokes
03-14-2007, 12:21 AM
Well, from the mostpart of what I've seen on the forums the devs are monitoring issues they feel are important and they don't always speak up about it in the topic. Perhaps they are internally testing it as we speak or perhaps they feel the state of the rates is where they want it to be, which is fair enough considering they made the game ;)

IMO at least a perfect change would just be to ensure that on the first kill of a major boss you we're guaranteed something decent, just for reward factor. As I and many others have posted, downing Typhon for the first time ever and seeing a pile of yellows is the most disappointment this game has.

Whisk33
03-14-2007, 08:29 AM
Well, from the mostpart of what I've seen on the forums the devs are monitoring issues they feel are important and they don't always speak up about it in the topic. Perhaps they are internally testing it as we speak or perhaps they feel the state of the rates is where they want it to be, which is fair enough considering they made the game ;)

IMO at least a perfect change would just be to ensure that on the first kill of a major boss you we're guaranteed something decent, just for reward factor. As I and many others have posted, downing Typhon for the first time ever and seeing a pile of yellows is the most disappointment this game has.

I "think" I remember there being a problem with this... something about the way the tables worked and if you made it even a 75% chance to drop one Legendary then your chance of dropping two was like 60% and three was high etc. etc. etc... I really don't remember, and I might be completly wrong... but I thought that had something to do with it.
I started playing in 1.15. Legendaries fell like tears from boybands! They if you did 3 Typhon runs (which were also super easy. Any character could touch the Battle Marker and then run over to the rejuv shrine and just camp there and he wouldnt touch you) you were guareented legendaries practically. 1.20 was much harder to find items, I would rather hard than easy though. I havent done any numbers just but I definatly feel like I am getting more drops. I'm growing a character right now, and so my kill rate isnt very high yet but I have been getting at least an epic every hour or hour and a half (my usual game session length). Though I think I understand what your sayin

@Hawkslayer The Dev's spend lots of time in these forums and pay a lot of attention to the community. Rest assured if it is a problem that is ruining peoples value of the game, they will correct it.

i.n.s.a.n.e
03-14-2007, 08:38 AM
The Dev's spend lots of time in these forums and pay a lot of attention to the community. Rest assured if it is a problem that is ruining peoples value of the game, they will correct it.

Hi,

Right, I think so, but it should have been somewhere in "Developer Discussions" section, shouldn't be?

sMMk
03-15-2007, 09:32 PM
This is my drop experience so far.

Some things i have noticed on regular play (Im finishing epic egypt) and farming:

-Torso armor drop is really low. Only 2 Epics. One by farming normal typhon several times and the other at first telkine. Im a Templar and im using a Rogue's Harness because that's the only useable thing i have found.

-Typhon Farming got me epics almost every time, but always the same items, several shields, crowns and amulets.

-Finding Epic difficulty level greens on shops on normal. I found a Cyclopean Apis (23% chance to block 228 dmg, far better than any other shield found on normal) I saw another thread where someone also found in a shop an epic difficulty weapon mid-way through normal.

-Found 2 legendary weapons at epic greece in the same area (Amazonian Spear and Theogenes' Onslaught - Beach before Megara) Unless they changed that in IT, that's weird because legendaries started to drop at the end of Epic Act 2.

VresiBerba
03-16-2007, 01:55 PM
Seriously, who needs Epic and Legendary drops with items like these! I really like the player level requirement :D

http://82.183.170.198/nane/cudgel.jpg

Whisk33
03-16-2007, 01:57 PM
Seriously, who needs Epic and Legendary drops with items like these! I really like the player level requirement :D

Its the str and dex req that will get you. Some of the best items for a beging character are monster infrequents form epic and legendary. They have super low level reqs and usually pretty good stats.

VresiBerba
03-16-2007, 02:06 PM
They have super low level reqs and usually pretty good stats.

Tell me about it. The cudgel was dropped from the giant spider where you get the Olive Branch in Legendary difficulty. Dex is easy to get, Str is a bit more tricky, but with right equipment you could probably use that cudgel as early as level 15 and not needing a replacement until level 60.

Mivo
03-16-2007, 07:19 PM
http://82.183.170.198/nane/cudgel.jpg

Awesome item for the level. My Guardian is in her 30s, and I don't think I had a weapon drop so far with the same damage. I do have one that is very similar (but with a higher level req -- 32 I think), but her bigger sister (my Oracle) did some shopping in epic. ;) (It's the only item support she received, though.(

Henkiebob
03-17-2007, 12:32 PM
Well , ive been noticing the droprate with a friend for a while now , i googled and i found this topic :D * great stuff google *

but anyways , i play with a friend all the time , we are around lvl 28 now , and we have just reached asia . ( in normal titan quest )

we finished titan quest about a year ago and thought it was fun to start all over agian with Immortal throne .

the first thing we noticed is that the drops were crazy , normally in TQ we would get at least 1 blue of a majestic chest , we would open the chest with cheering on Teamspeak just to hear a blue hit the ground.. but in immortal throne , the randomniss struck us !! , we never laughed so hard, buts its kinda sad.. we got

-Thornwall ( 8 x )
- Ramses Greaves ( 3 x )
- Megreave (or something ( 4 times )
< weve had other blue drops but these are just funny ones >

and all of these werent even out of majestic chests... 1 even from a friggin bone pile! , anyways i cant wait to get to the hades part of TQ IT , so dont spoiler :P , but is this going to change at all ?.. because the orbs from bosses just drop yellow crap and bunch of gold and maybe 1 green..

especially for the ( earth/ nature) class ( my friend ) , he has 2 blue items... and iam full blue at lvl 28 ( defender / warfare )

veridia
03-17-2007, 05:45 PM

Uniques were less useful overall in D2 than in Titan Quest. So you were less likely to get that specific GOOD unique item to drop.

Furthermore, D2's drop scaling system is wank. You could kill Mephisto in hell and still get normal items like long swords and breast plates that you could find in act 1 normal.

Plus, green items have serious potential in Titan Quest, especially Monster Infrequents. I like this as it takes some of the focus from finding godly uniques. --- Furthermore, you actually have to kill something other than a boss to get them.

But as it stands, for legendary items and incarnations, bosses are the best... but dont go hoping for a Stonebinders Cuffs or a Titanic Exotic Carapace of the Winds... heh.

scootter720
03-24-2007, 06:37 PM
I didn't get a single legendary item until retrieving the dowry for dude in the cave while in epic difficulty, and that was after the expansion was installed.
Epic items were dropped often enough to keep me going but I was pissed that even after beating Hades, I didn't get a legendary item to lead me into epic. I'm now into the Orient, have found 7 legendary items since then. The epic item drops are about between 2-4 per character level, (currently lvl 50) including drops from bosses. Again, probably not alot, but enough to keep me going and pass them on to my other characters.

Whisk33
03-26-2007, 11:28 AM
You cant find legendaries in normal difficulty. Legendaries only drop in Epic and Legendary difficulty. So finding one in epic difficulty at the Dowry Necklace Quest is very good.

Trisse
03-26-2007, 01:15 PM
From my limited experience, the drop RATE (the total number of of uniques I get) is pretty decent (better than TQ 1.20, at least), but total randomness is what gets to me; majority of uniques/greens I get come from regular mobs, with bosses occasionally adding something to the pile. Real issue is with majestic chests: I got uniques from ornate chests and even bone piles, but big fat majestic chests so far failed to produce anything of value (almost 100% yellow, sometimes mostly just gold). Chest armor drops are extremely rare. All this makes hunting for particular equipement piece (not particular item, just, say, new weapon or new shield) rather difficult.

scootter720
03-26-2007, 01:38 PM
You cant find legendaries in normal difficulty. Legendaries only drop in Epic and Legendary difficulty. So finding one in epic difficulty at the Dowry Necklace Quest is very good.

See, I was not aware of that bit of information. Here I was getting frustrated over nothing. I still think it would of been nice to throw something in when one beat Typhoon, or Hades after the expansion, to lead into epic difficulty. My luck, as in the game where you do a quest and the reward is a magical weapon, would be something completely opposite from what my character can use. My first time getting to the end of the Great Wall quest, dude gave me a freaking staff for my warefare mastered character.

trickyhitz
03-26-2007, 03:12 PM
Can someone confirm if this is odd or normal. I was on epic and after the great wall like the previous poster stated, I did receive an Legendary item, then not 15 minutes later another quest reward was an wepon and I received another Legendary item. This was my first time in Epic and I just chalked it up to being normal for this to happen, granted the weapons did not suit my caster. The first was Spear of Hector I think, and the other may have been griefmaker. Can someone say whether this is normal or odd...I did not think you would get those types of items as quest rewards, but it shocked me. Thanks

Whisk33
03-26-2007, 03:36 PM
See, I was not aware of that bit of information. Here I was getting frustrated over nothing. I still think it would of been nice to throw something in when one beat Typhoon, or Hades after the expansion, to lead into epic difficulty. My luck, as in the game where you do a quest and the reward is a magical weapon, would be something completely opposite from what my character can use. My first time getting to the end of the Great Wall quest, dude gave me a freaking staff for my warefare mastered character. Boss are supposed to have a better drop rate for the first time through. Also the devs tried to stay away from getting equipment for quests becuase of this exact case as you mentioned. Thats why you will often get a ring or an ammulet as opposed to armor(be that str or int based) or weapon (melee, ranged, casters...) It happens. Its random.

Can someone confirm if this is odd or normal. I was on epic and after the great wall like the previous poster stated, I did receive an Legendary item, then not 15 minutes later another quest reward was an wepon and I received another Legendary item. This was my first time in Epic and I just chalked it up to being normal for this to happen, granted the weapons did not suit my caster. The first was Spear of Hector I think, and the other may have been griefmaker. Can someone say whether this is normal or odd...I did not think you would get those types of items as quest rewards, but it shocked me. Thanks
Short answer: normal
Long answer: the rewards for quests are just like chests in that you have a higher chance to get better items there than other areas. You CAN get greens, blues or even purples from these rewards. Back in the days of the 1.15 patch (aka unquies raining down) I thought the quest only gave blues and purples... I was suprised to find that wasnt the case. As far as the drops being tailored to your character. Thats not going to happen. It will be random. You can complain that it wont help your caster if you like, but think about how much easier it would be now to make a warden since you have a spear and a shield? (or whatever...) The items are picked randomly and expect to find repeats, (especially if you stay in the same areas at the same levels.)

Mivo
03-26-2007, 03:43 PM
My pet-Ritualist found only two legendary items throughout epic difficulty, and those were *two* Griefmakers (swords) that dropped in act 1 in the Athens Catacombs. Same game, same item (well, slightly different stats). No other legendary dropped for her. Still, it is just random chance. Other characters find more, others less. My Guardian almost always gets good majestic chests, my Harbinger had less luck, and my Oracle gets legendaries frequently from Nessus in Sparta/legendary... :) I think the system's fine. Making it more predictable and less random would take the long-term fun out of the game for me. For TQ Classic there were mods to increase the unique drop chance ... maybe there's something like that for IT too, for the players who are less interested in farming?

trickyhitz
03-26-2007, 04:31 PM
I find the droprate a little frustrating however, I also like that fact that every monster does not s**t a unique...The old saying holds true "the thrill of the hunt." If every item you dreamed of dropped every game, then that would not be as fun. I understand the frustration and believe me it is frustrating, but I do find something rewarding in finding nice loot...I think what I really like is seeing it on the mobs..Like the Kraken's Fist that dropped last night. Can I use it, No...Was it interesting to spot it and say...I bet that is something neat...and it was. I think that is what I enjoy the most, but I do wish some caster gear would drop mor often...I guess I will just have to make char's who can use the gear that I have already aquired.

Mivo
03-26-2007, 04:38 PM
I think the best approach really *is* to play multiple characters of different types and styles so that every item you, as player, find can theoretically put to use. I mentioned that in the other thread that's going on about this topic:

http://www.titanquest.net/forums/suggestions-developers/14319-fix-damn-drops-all-i-ask-now-new-post.html

geoff300
03-26-2007, 05:20 PM
Well, this is my first post on these forums, so feel free to welcome me.

Has far has drops go, I got IT the week it launched. I made a new character and throughout normal, I got a crazy amount of Blues. Something like 10-12 thoughout the difficulty. I never got even half of that with any of my other characters, of which there are 5 of, all completed legendary. Now, I'm almost through with Epic and have only gotten about 5 blues and 2 purples. That just doesn't seem right. I mean the green drops are definitly up, but I don't really care about greens.

But, before anyone goes bashing the devs for this, remember, almost all of the patches they have tried to increase drops in our favor, so they are aware of the problem, just having a difficult time trying to fix it. Kudos to them for thier efforts and for creating a fantastic game.

Whisk33
03-26-2007, 10:35 PM
Well, this is my first post on these forums, so feel free to welcome me.

Welcome to the forum. There is a ton of inofmation here.

Has far has drops go, I got IT the week it launched. I made a new character and throughout normal, I got a crazy amount of Blues. Something like 10-12 thoughout the difficulty. I never got even half of that with any of my other characters, of which there are 5 of, all completed legendary. Now, I'm almost through with Epic and have only gotten about 5 blues and 2 purples. That just doesn't seem right. I mean the green drops are definitly up, but I don't really care about greens.

But, before anyone goes bashing the devs for this, remember, almost all of the patches they have tried to increase drops in our favor, so they are aware of the problem, just having a difficult time trying to fix it. Kudos to them for thier efforts and for creating a fantastic game.
This actually that isnt true. The 1.20 patch really really nerfed the drops. This was becuase people wanted it nerfed. They also mad Big T a big pain in the rear. Anyways. Everyone complained becuase the 1.20 were nerfed too much and so now they brought them back up to a reasonable level. (1.15 and before was just retarded easy.) I cant comment on the patches before 1.15 since that is when I picked the game up but I thought the patches were more technical based and not so much balancing... 1.20 nerfed the drops. 1.3 brought the drops back some.

hawtpantz
03-27-2007, 02:50 AM
don't know if this helps. didn't see it in the first couple of pages or this last page, but my girlfriend and i have noticed the only good consistent drops are coming from the "secret passage". It might be gamer supersition, but we noticed if you chop down the unkillable ~v~ a couple of times then make your way thru the passage good drops follow. We have pretty much gotten most of the usuable easter egg stuff which is really quite good and a buttload of legendaries, epics, and greens. Hades is about the only other surefire thing for us, it's odd when we don't get good items. It could be that we have all 60+ characters tho. Every thing else tho, all the good farming spots from pre IT TQ, have pretty much turned to crap, even typhon. He's good for the occassional formula and relic, but that's about it. Well, that's all i guess, good luck ladies and gents.

The Rock-man
03-27-2007, 06:01 AM
Welcome to the forum. There is a ton of inofmation here.

This actually that isnt true. The 1.20 patch really really nerfed the drops. This was becuase people wanted it nerfed. They also mad Big T a big pain in the rear. Anyways. Everyone complained becuase the 1.20 were nerfed too much and so now they brought them back up to a reasonable level. (1.15 and before was just retarded easy.) I cant comment on the patches before 1.15 since that is when I picked the game up but I thought the patches were more technical based and not so much balancing... 1.20 nerfed the drops. 1.3 brought the drops back some.

v1.3 is not IT v1.1 as there are differences, as for skills i.e Resilience therefore v1.3 drops rates etc cant be used to inferre anything about IT v1.1 drops.

Dreams-Of-War
03-28-2007, 03:56 AM
Information I gleaned from looking at the loot tables for legendary typhon in the art manager is that the chance of an item that drops from typhon being a unique is 1 in 14.5. Not quite a legendary drop per kill but close to (about 10-11 drops per kill I'd say?)

Whisk33
04-11-2007, 10:53 AM
v1.3 is not IT v1.1 as there are differences, as for skills i.e Resilience therefore v1.3 drops rates etc cant be used to inferre anything about IT v1.1 drops.
... Point made... I guess I could still assume that they are the same, and just acknowledge the falicy...

As said somewhere long ago I would post a link to the mod that allows you to edit the drops. I believe this is it.
http://www.titanquest.net/forums/modifications-editor/14766-new-unique-chance-multiplier-increase-chest-item-mods.html
So this should solve everyones problems. Hopefully It wont ruin your game.

froen55792
04-11-2007, 03:52 PM
All I can say is that I'm sick of the drops in IT. I've been playing since Thanksgiving (every day but with 7 different toons), my highest level toons are 44 and 43, lowest is like lvl 28 or 29. My original toon is level 38, had a poor build but numerous problems because apparently started with ver 1 where low levels got no drops at all, ultimately upgraded to 1.20 where drops were nerfed, then IT before finishing Typhon off so on to Act IV where it would take a much better (and younger) player than me to keep her alive for a decent stretch. I'm not a hard core gamer and my system isnt quite up to snuff so I have a lot of rubber banding effect that kills. I realize now that I should have stayed away from IT, but since it is a 1 way travel from TQ into IT, and since I transferred all toons into IT, I'm stuck. My level 38 original toon has zero blue or purple weapons and armor (using green Dragonian armor and a Normal green Sabersword, she does have Flameward or whatever it is called (blue shield) and a single blue ring she doesnt use (Life Ring) I believe it is. Her attack speed is the only thing she has going for her (222%) with Prowler's Leggaurds and arm armor adding to that as well as the Sabersword and one other thing granting speed increase. She is a melee Battlemage, no blue or purple staff either. Nuff said other than I dont believe the devs are paying attention at this point.

Whisk33
04-11-2007, 04:36 PM
Whoa do I feel bad for you...

You CAN go back to Normal TQ if you want. You simply need to use Defiler once and transfer all your toons back. Everything is stored locally (on your own computer) You can uninstall the patches also and put 1.15 back in and use the Godly Oracle builds and the amazing refresh. Legendary's will be common place and you can quit moaning. The link for the mod is two posts up. Or if that still doesnt make the game that you want. You can mod and make your own game. If you want something different you have possibilities, they simply require some actions.

has anyone downloaded that mod and used it and are happier now?

froen55792
04-13-2007, 12:38 AM
I know there are mods, just have never used one as you should be able to tell based on her equipment or lack thereof. 2 more majestic chests tonight earlier - King Dorius and the Gray sisters - nothing green, blue, or purple. Same old drops as usual. On the bright side my now level 39 original char actually lived while fighting through the ruins, so hopefully I'm getting a bit better. She does have resistances that are decent for normal act IV. I just have to take it much slower than you young folks do. I may consider going into a mod prior to legendary in order to get something decent in the way of armor, weapons, etc. I take it you dont like me Whisk33. You have that right, but I have the right to say what I feel about the drops too, I spent my money, certainly not yours. I'm sure you've played TQ longer than I have and have high level toons and you probably farm a lot. I know you've seen many items that I'll never see, but that doesnt stop me from wanting to see some of them as well. TQ and TQ-IT are fun to play most of the time, I apologize for being older by far than you are and for making my opinions known. Maybe I'll make you happy and not post again.