PDA

View Full Version : dark covenant

trupak
02-25-2007, 12:10 PM
Is there anybody who uses dark covenant and unearthly power:goth:, damn you get -31 life/s :mad:. Nevertheless that skill is quite tempting with damage boost. What you can say about it, effective even with such nice amount of life draining?:twisted:

mamba
02-25-2007, 06:43 PM
While I have no experience with it, I guess it could be an ok skill for melee builds, which go with Necrosis and the Life Drain skill. This should help gaining back the HP lost by Dark Covenant.

Alternatively, swallow a potion whenever you use it ;)

Infares
02-25-2007, 09:25 PM
Spellbinder can almost directly counteract the loss of HP with Adrenaline/Rally, and of course Rally has Inspiration and Adrenaline has Resilience and Defensive Reaction, so if you wade into melee and Adrenaline Procs, hit DC/UP and then Rally/Inspiration and you get +% total speed, bunches of bonus damage, boucoup mana regen and probably enough HP regen to counterbalance what you lose to DC/UP. Best of all, Resilience means you can probably run around permanently under Rally and DC/UP as long as you're constantly getting hit.

Forsaken_DMz
02-25-2007, 10:17 PM
I use DC before boss battles mainly. Helps kick up my damage to deliver a nasty Lethal Strike (Warlock).
Also, the HP loss is easily counteracted by a potion, or for me I use %damage converted to health gear.

Viper_Sweden
02-26-2007, 03:14 AM
But does DC/UP drain your life all the way down or does it stop somewhere?

Infares
02-26-2007, 03:28 AM
But does DC/UP drain your life all the way down or does it stop somewhere?

I've heard the low HP sound happen while in DC/UP but I've never let it kill me because I always assumed that yes, you can die to it.

i.n.s.a.n.e
02-26-2007, 03:55 AM
Hi,

DC is perfect skill for boosting your damage!! Combined with DC aura it's outstanding!! Life draining issue is really ok, don't be afraid of it. As mentioned upwards, you can always suck the poition or get the weapon with +% dmg converted to health..

You can die to if it drains you out..I wasn't paying attention once and..then felt sorry.. :cry:

trupak
02-26-2007, 08:49 AM
Sounds like you got to use that skill.. But interesting one more thing, how much life per second regenerates with potion after instant amount, just curious?

i.n.s.a.n.e
02-26-2007, 09:07 AM
Sounds like you got to use that skill.. But interesting one more thing, how much life per second regenerates with potion after instant amount, just curious?

Potion Data

Just some quick numbers on how much Potions restore. Since you can 'preload' a Health potion before a fight, you can burn one before you start fighting a tough pack of enemies or a boss, and the regen portion of the Health potion should still be running by the time the Potion timer refreshes, allowing you to enter the fight with regen still running.

% of total regained (instant) flat amount regained
Lesser Health Potion 15 300
Health Potion 15 500
Greater Health Potion 15 650
Grand Health Potion 15 800
Superior Health Potion 15 1000
Divine Health Potion 15 1200

Lesser Energy Potion 50 0
Energy Potion 60 0
Greater Energy Potion 70 0
Grand Energy Potion 80 0
Superior Energy Potion 90 0
Divine Energy Potion 100 0

But dunno if it is still like that, I read, they made some changes in 1.20...not sure, though..

Anyway, potions keep you alive even with DC+UP on..don't worry!! :]

pilch
03-14-2007, 10:47 AM
I have found dark convenant to be extremely useful as a conjurer. On my head is a helm with legendary viny growth which, coupled with an Aeon and life leeching on my staff, increases HP regen to a level where it is no longer an issue.
Dark covenant also affects your pets, making them a lot stronger, and the added mana regen is somewhat useful for the liche king, who eats up mana like a maniac :)
And it makes me look forward to meeting a mastery shrine to get insane power boosts for even less HP cost \o/

regards,
pilch

bug
03-14-2007, 12:30 PM
Eh, it only lasts for 21 seconds. It eats no more than 600HP (assuming you have 0 life regen beforehand), which should be negligible by the time you actually start to max it and use it.

Lillis
03-19-2007, 07:51 AM
Also, with Deatchill running you'll get more out of X% Dmg to HP.

greatcthulhu
03-19-2007, 09:29 AM
I'm a Lovecraftian kinda guy and I love The Dark Covenant Tree. There are a number of weapons that increase Hp regeneration (Onager, Persephone's Carress--haven't found any in IT yet) dramatically. My highest HP regen rate has been 700+ per second. My Favorite combo is Persephone's Caress (+50.0 hp regen) combined with a Sacrificial Amulet (-22.0 HP reg, +56% experience--a permanent Exp shrine!) adding a Dark Covenant spell and a an attack speed of 190% (pre-IT). Kicked some major Dragon-Liche-Bony-Butt with the combo.

Wakin
05-21-2007, 12:24 PM
I use Dark Covenant/Unholy Power a lot with my Soothsayer. I usually trigger Dark Covenant and then Refresh to shorten the cooldown. I am level 56 in Legendary in the Athenian Catacombs with a DPS of 1350 (Freezing Elysian Staff of Alacrity with a normal Chill of Tartarus with +20% cold damage completion bonus). Dark Covenant/Unholy Power increases my DPS to 1956 and I am still using a Soul Shiver artifact with 13% attack damage converted to health to heal the damage taken from Dark Covenant.

Viper_Sweden
05-21-2007, 01:32 PM
UAH!!! Necromancy... ... ...

Menlyn
05-23-2007, 08:20 PM
Depending on your character, Dark covenent is the HOLY grail. Soothsayer benefits wonderfully from it as it gives your pets the damage to be competitive and regrowth cancels out the life lost.

But as has been said before, the life cost is nothing a potion cannot handle and the damage from DC is pretty hard to beat.

RagingFatman
05-30-2007, 06:39 PM
It has been a great help to me on my spellbreaker. Being the melee-oriented class that he is, he has very little power regen, and repeated casts of war wind can drain my miniscule power pool (not as small as it used to be, though). Dark Covenant more than makes up for this, though, and I can gain all of the hp back just by going and killing something. It was especially useful when I was wearing the Tricorne Hat for the life-leech proc, because the proc consumed 75 power each time.