PDA

View Full Version : Trainer Released, Test Your Builds

Maverik
06-29-2006, 09:20 AM
1.08 PATCH UPDATE: New Trainer released for 1.08!
Download v1.08 Trainer (http://www.stephendrover.com/maverikonline/TQ_Trainer108.rar)

Team PiZZADOX have released a trainer that gives you unlimited skill and/or attribute points.
Download v1.01 Trainer (http://www.maverikonline.com/TQ_Trainer.rar)

Finally a way to quickly and easily test potential builds! :happy:

I've tested it and confirm it works.
I also scanned it with Symantec and MS AntiSpyware but take your own appropriate precautions.

Sven
06-29-2006, 09:30 AM
There goes online multiplayer?

Arangar
06-29-2006, 09:31 AM
If you want to get bored with the game within 2 weeks, i suggest you take this method. I understand people desires to create the best class possible, but one of the best things this game has to offer is the replayability within the awesome class system. Why not pick 3 classes, play them till lvl 10, take a look at some higher tier skills and then decide what you want?
Well, to each its own i guess.

Hochi
06-29-2006, 09:35 AM

it won't work on multiplayer , or shouldn't :knockout:

frankenparrot
06-29-2006, 09:41 AM
Well, I believe that people buy games just to see what they themselves can do with the coding. Too bad, I agree...there goes the MP. Next thing is CD keys, then item duplication...

Xaece
06-29-2006, 09:47 AM
it won't work on multiplayer , or shouldn't :knockout:

Considering that solo chars can go online for multi, yes.

To Sven:
With that said, no multiplayer is not "gone". Since you can BAN people that are obviously using unlimited skill point trainers. Diablo2 was bad because you could be openly pvp'd by hacked chars, and you couldn't kick hacked chars out of your servers. Sacred had the same issues. Titan Quest multiplayer will STAY strong because the host as the ability to kick, and ban players they don't want.

Maverik
06-29-2006, 10:08 AM
Why not pick 3 classes, play them till lvl 10, take a look at some higher tier skills and then decide what you want? Well, to each its own i guess.

Exactly :) Doing what you describe is about as far from fun (for ME) as you can get. I like to study the manual, the online resources, plan my build carefully, and THEN finally get ripping into it.

I want to pick one class, that is going to provide a fun way for me to play, and then make it the perfect death machine.

As far as I'm concerned the trainer should be used just like the proposed online character builder.

Maverik
06-29-2006, 10:09 AM
It also locks your HP and MP at max, so pretty much. It's in the hands of the n00bs now! (oops)

Phyrex
06-29-2006, 10:15 AM

If this is how you really feel, then there was never a multiplayer in TQ to begin with.
It has been well known for quite some time now that 'cheating' would be possible in TQ. If you are one of those Diablo 2 monkeys who only wants to impress people you don't even know with rare loot then TQ was never the game for you in the first place.

bildo84
06-29-2006, 10:23 AM
It's a simple matter of meeting legit folks (hopefully) via websites like this, and hooking up with them. If you game with a random person you suspect of cheating, leave the game/kick them and remember to avoid that character. It's really not that complicated.

Darnoc
06-29-2006, 10:33 AM
Could someone post exate instructions of where to put the file since the trainer desn't seem to be working with me

Maverik
06-29-2006, 10:42 AM
Could someone post exate instructions of where to put the file since the trainer desn't seem to be working with me
Doesn't need to be anywhere specific. Just unrar it, run the exe, then press F2 through F5 in game for selected effect.

Sven
06-29-2006, 10:50 AM
If this is how you really feel, then there was never a multiplayer in TQ to begin with.
It has been well known for quite some time now that 'cheating' would be possible in TQ. If you are one of those Diablo 2 monkeys who only wants to impress people you don't even know with rare loot then TQ was never the game for you in the first place.

Kinda aggressive arn't ya? Being able to trade and share rare loot makes an economy. And economy helps build the online community. Without that stuff (or restricting it to small groups) it seriously hurts the multiplayer experience.

Hopefully either A) Iron Lore will put up secure servers with the profit from the game or B) We can get some type of private group going through Hamachi or something for legit players only. Non-legit players would get banned.

Darnoc
06-29-2006, 10:50 AM
The money option works fine but the health and the energy options both don't work

Maverik
06-29-2006, 11:23 AM
I tested the health and energy options with no issue.
I'd love to see a secure online character storage / server.
This would be the most likely feature to keep me playing again and again :)

fragme11
06-29-2006, 11:44 AM
Kinda aggressive arn't ya? Being able to trade and share rare loot makes an economy. And economy helps build the online community. Without that stuff (or restricting it to small groups) it seriously hurts the multiplayer experience.

Hopefully either A) Iron Lore will put up secure servers with the profit from the game or B) We can get some type of private group going through Hamachi or something for legit players only. Non-legit players would get banned.
You seem to be missing Phyrex's point. It has been known since before the demo that cheating would not only be possible, but it would be easy-really easy in fact. There is absolutely no way for IL to stop cheating/hacking, since the character files are saved on your computer. If you came into this game thinking that there would be an "economy" as there is in D2 or MMOs, then you didn't do your research, and you bought the wrong game.

Why not pick 3 classes, play them till lvl 10, take a look at some higher tier skills and then decide what you want? Well, to each its own i guess.
So what you're suggesting that I do is to play 4 classes for every 1 class that I want to play? I already have 6 or 7 classes that I want to play, so you're telling me to play 28 different characters? No thanks.

Also, playing to level 10 will not tell you anything about how the character performs at level 50. You won't even have all the higher level skills by level 10.

If you played multiplayer a lot, you've probably already played with someone who has cheated in some way or another. They either manually edited their character, or duped that relic charm / epic item / gold, or deleted their quest file so they can rerun the relic charm reward quest.

Devynista
06-29-2006, 12:06 PM
I just wish there was a character editor, or a way to reset my mastery points. I'm sure the anti-cheat people will disagree, but I don't even want it to increase my power. I made a character, and finally chose my second mastery at level 17. After giving it a try, I realized my two choices didn't compliment each other and want to choose a different second mastery now.

The idea of starting over from scratch doesn't appeal to me at all.

Maverik
06-29-2006, 12:59 PM

Can't agree more! I've started a Warfare build, but I've almost stopped playing becuase I can't decide either what to choose as 2nd class, or whether to start again as something else.

Srikandi
06-29-2006, 01:40 PM
I have no problem at all with the trainer idea. No different from the hex editing some of us were doing during the demo. Just a way to find out more about the game mechanics.

Sure it will let people "cheat", but then most single player games have cheat consoles built right in, with cheats available on the web immediately. I think most gamers have learned long ago how to deal with the availability of cheats. Some people find they make the game more fun, and the cheats keep them playing longer; other people find they ruin it; it's just a matter of playstyle.

1000Ninjas
06-29-2006, 02:32 PM
Why Hasnt A Modder Locked This Thread And Delated The Link Yet?!

Stop Ruining The Game For The Legit People Online!!

dannyc14
06-29-2006, 02:38 PM
Hi does it work for the demo

Maverik
06-29-2006, 02:40 PM
Why Hasnt A Modder Locked This Thread And Delated The Link Yet?! Stop Ruining The Game For The Legit People Online!!

Er, maybe because of the spirit in which it was posted? You'll notice my OP was void of any: "ZOMG 1!!Shift+1, teh tr41ner is l33t+++++, cheat/cheat/cheat!"

I posted it for people who wanted to test skill / mastery builds and let us all know how they went :)

Phillip Marcus
06-29-2006, 02:44 PM
For what it's worth, such testing can be done on custom maps in the editor, a trainer that can modify otherwise legit characters isn't necessary

Maverik
06-29-2006, 02:47 PM
I agree, but from some of your comments in other threads the editor is going to be beyond the vast majority of people when it comes to testing a variety of situations. Besides, I program 10h a day to get my paycheck :) I don't want to do it when I get home! hehe

dannyc14
06-29-2006, 02:49 PM
Can sum1 answer my question does it work on the demo?

Maverik
06-29-2006, 02:51 PM
Can sum1 answer my question does it work on the demo?
No idea, try it out. Should work.

dannyc14
06-29-2006, 03:00 PM
k i will go test it now

Cambios
06-29-2006, 09:32 PM
I just wish there was a character editor, or a way to reset my mastery points. I'm sure the anti-cheat people will disagree, but I don't even want it to increase my power. I made a character, and finally chose my second mastery at level 17. After giving it a try, I realized my two choices didn't compliment each other and want to choose a different second mastery now.

That's exactly how I feel. For the life of me, I really can't understand why they went half-way with the respec stuff.

TMP3z
06-29-2006, 10:01 PM
You seem to be missing Phyrex's point.... blah blah

Just becuase its possible doesn't make it right. You can still choose not to and help prevent ruining a great game.

Tenore_Titan
06-29-2006, 10:33 PM
And so it begins........ Truefully. with the amount of time already played I have been playing for almost 3 hours and am only at level 9 and only at the village past sparta. The leveing is so slow. my dsilike of the game so far is that when encouneting the smae mobs over and over and over agian is getting kind of boring after a while. When I venture forthe the mosters are tougher (obviously) so I have to stay in a certain area with creatures that are equal to or a full 4 levels under me.

For those that only ahve maybe a couple of hours a week to play that's insane!!!1

I'm thinking of doing th trainer. But unfortantely it might lose the neat aspect of actually finishing the game. I want to try all the 36 combinations to it's full effect which I couldn't do hex editing the demo. I was thinking that the leveling in the game would be a bit easier. but it's not. It took me almost 40 minutes to get from 8 1/2 to level 9 in the area just past sparta. MAybe i'm doing sometging wrong.

Viperace
06-30-2006, 06:19 AM
Thanks for the trainer!
It makes testing and getting the necessary statistics easier.

As for the "cheating" aspect, as many of the posters said, this is unavoidable. Learn the truth, live with it, stop whinning, enjoy the masterpiece~

Mivo
06-30-2006, 06:31 AM
Well, as long as people use trainers and such only locally (offline), I'm certainly fine with that. It's their game, after all. Personally, I prefer to try out "stuff" and am not afraid of restarting and trying out a different approach. Then again, I intend to play this game for a year or longer, and I used to play D2 in HC mode, where once your character died, you had to start all over again. Yes, it's tempting to just use a trainer to test builds, but I know for sure that it would kill my interest in the game prematurely. Good "hack'n'loot" games aren't reelased frequently enough to take that risk. :)

But that's just me, and if other players prefer a different approach, that's all right, too.

Cambios
07-07-2006, 01:52 PM
Is anyone working on a decent editor?

Trainers are bleh to me, since they are really just ways to make your character super buff.

The kind of stuff I am interested in are:

1) exporting items to saved files for easier muling

2) Skipping normal difficulty on later characters (sorry, normal is just boring).

3) Changing some stat selections.

4) Changing a mastery on a character I like, but hate one mastery.

Etc.

Shark
07-07-2006, 02:00 PM

Trainers are bleh to me, since they are really just ways to make your character super buff.

2) Skipping normal difficulty on later characters (sorry, normal is just boring).

Etc.

1) Possible already

2) Dont know... but you could just reuse a char which is already in epic...

3) possible already

4) possible already

:happy:

Sein_Schatten
07-07-2006, 02:00 PM

Etc.

muling, yes, i really would like that. (isnt there a plan for a stash that works for all of your chars?)
reallocating skill/stat points and masteries, arguable.
skipping normal, no, thats too much of a cheat. :/

TexaStang
07-07-2006, 02:08 PM
What are you doing? Reading a book while you play? In 40 minutes I can make it from 1-15 easily when making new characters.

Here is a tip. Keep moving to the next area. You will keep seeing the same monsters if you don't progress in the game. If you can only play 2 hours a week, then read a book instead of a video game actually.

This game is about as casual friendly as it gets.

Mivo
07-07-2006, 02:40 PM
What are you doing? Reading a book while you play? In 40 minutes I can make it from 1-15 easily when making new characters.

Solo? I doubt that. :) With a pet build (= no downtime, extremely short fights, basically just running through) it took me over three hours from 1 to 15.

TAsunder
07-07-2006, 02:53 PM
1) Possible already

3) possible already

4) possible already

How is #4 possible?

Cambios
07-07-2006, 03:11 PM
1) Possible already

3) possible already

4) possible already

1) How?

3) How?

4) How?

Cambios
07-07-2006, 03:12 PM
skipping normal, no, thats too much of a cheat. :/

How is it a cheat?

Normal is absurdly easy. It just isn't very much fun - especially more than once.

Remember what games are for? Fun. When its too simple, that's not fun.

It isn't cheating when someone wants MORE challenge.

Shark
07-07-2006, 03:42 PM
You have to use an hex editor for it. If you dont know how to use one it will be to hard too explain.

Ravager
07-07-2006, 03:45 PM
Did you ever try it in the retail version? Savegames have a sort of checksum in it so every edited savegame is invalid.

Shark
07-07-2006, 04:01 PM
Did you ever try it in the retail version? Savegames have a sort of checksum in it so every edited savegame is invalid.

I tried it and it works 100% everytime without any risk at all. :razz:

Of course simple hex edit will render your file useless...

TexaStang
07-07-2006, 04:05 PM
Solo? I doubt that. :) With a pet build (= no downtime, extremely short fights, basically just running through) it took me over three hours from 1 to 15.

Then you are slow. Period.

On a side note, I would also like the ability to change my masteries via a trainer/editor. I'm 53 now and no way I want to start anymore characters at this point.

Ravager
07-07-2006, 04:21 PM
I tried it and it works 100% everytime without any risk at all. :razz:

Of course simple hex edit will render your file useless...

Now I understand. You have to RECOVER your character after it *hinthint* ;)

bbird
07-07-2006, 04:55 PM
Well you simply edit all you need in runtime memory. The checksum is then properly builded while saving the already hacked character.

Cambios
07-07-2006, 05:38 PM
Honestly, I just hope someone is working on an editor like Jamaell's D2 Editor. :)

ScottyBones
07-07-2006, 11:20 PM
Well, I believe that people buy games just to see what they themselves can do with the coding. Too bad, I agree...there goes the MP. Next thing is CD keys, then item duplication...

LOL...we've seen this all too often.:lol:

FrAnK t3h BuNnY
07-08-2006, 12:03 AM
Er, maybe because of the spirit in which it was posted? You'll notice my OP was void of any: "ZOMG 1!!Shift+1, teh tr41ner is l33t+++++, cheat/cheat/cheat!"

I posted it for people who wanted to test skill / mastery builds and let us all know how they went :)
Because we all know no one will use the trainer to cheat and everyone will be all legit...YAY

Somnolent
07-08-2006, 01:26 AM
Because we all know no one will use the trainer to cheat and everyone will be all legit...YAY

You aren't actually so naive as to believe that a single forums post will be the deciding factor in whether people cheat in this game or not, are you? Cause no offense, but that's one of the stupidest things i've read all week.

You have to use an hex editor for it. If you dont know how to use one it will be to hard too explain.

Hex editors are ludicrously easy to use...

And so it begins........ Truefully. with the amount of time already played I have been playing for almost 3 hours and am only at level 9 and only at the village past sparta. The leveing is so slow. my dsilike of the game so far is that when encouneting the smae mobs over and over and over agian is getting kind of boring after a while. When I venture forthe the mosters are tougher (obviously) so I have to stay in a certain area with creatures that are equal to or a full 4 levels under me.

For those that only ahve maybe a couple of hours a week to play that's insane!!!1

I'm thinking of doing th trainer. But unfortantely it might lose the neat aspect of actually finishing the game. I want to try all the 36 combinations to it's full effect which I couldn't do hex editing the demo. I was thinking that the leveling in the game would be a bit easier. but it's not. It took me almost 40 minutes to get from 8 1/2 to level 9 in the area just past sparta. MAybe i'm doing sometging wrong.

Wait.... you bought what practically every publication and forum has been calling a Diablo clone, and yet expected not to fight the same monsters repeatedly? Did you do ANY research before you purchased this game?

I'll second the "slow", 3 hours of play moving at a reasonable pace should get you well past megara, to be honest. Unless that wasn't 3 contiguous hours and you're constantly restarting back at a rebirth shrine?

Wow, I just reread that bit about being 4 levels above the mlvl and not moving on because monsters are tougher. Just out of curiousity, would you prefer that monsters didn't get tougher?

Tenore_Titan
07-08-2006, 01:38 AM
Originally Posted by Tenore_Titan

Wait.... you bought what practically every publication and forum has been calling a Diablo clone, and yet expected not to fight the same monsters repeatedly? Did you do ANY research before you purchased this game?

I'll second the "slow", 3 hours of play moving at a reasonable pace should get you well past megara, to be honest. Unless that wasn't 3 contiguous hours and you're constantly restarting back at a rebirth shrine?

Wow, I just reread that bit about being 4 levels above the mlvl and not moving on because monsters are tougher. Just out of curiousity, would you prefer that monsters didn't get tougher?

Yeah so? Maybe it's my class choice. I'm a conqueror maybe it's the skills I use or I don't the best gear for my level. Truefully nothing worthwhile has dropped. Mostly staves and armour for casters. I have a Summoner and I breezed past magara and am level 12.

As others have mentioned here it seems that certain classes have it easier than others. So in conclusion yeah I figured it is my gear or skill distribution.

Sven
07-08-2006, 01:40 AM
Tenore, if you are finding it hard that early in the game, i'd recommend reading up on some good builds/strategies. Really, your character will get stomped later if it is that bad that early, i'm sorry to say.

You don't have to follow a build order for a character exactly, but reading up on how stuff works and figure out a good build on your own works too. :)

Cambios
07-08-2006, 03:53 PM
There are definitely better threads and forum categories for build advice...

This thread is about the released trainer, and the general concept of trainers/editors.

Is anyone working on a more full featured editor that does more than just various god-mode type things?

bildo84
07-10-2006, 07:06 PM
I sure hope so, Cam. I was going to use the Pizza Trainer to mess with some different builds before I got too deep in another. My melee build bites for Epic and on up, so I wanted to test some caster/melee hybrids or anything really, without having to level up to my mid teens to get a good feel for it.

Maverik
07-11-2006, 09:37 PM
Attention all :) the new 1.08 trainer has been released, again by the fine folks at PizzaDoc.

Repect.

Check the ORIGINAL POST for download

btbrown
07-12-2006, 05:27 PM
I can't seem to get either trainer to work with the updated version. can anyone tell me how to get it to work?

Shadowdancer
07-13-2006, 10:47 AM
Is it possible to add some kind of character check for multiplayer? I mean something which controls the number of skills/attribute points/energy and health the character has (This will be quite a lot of work because of all those builds but it would help =P).
Like in NWN, this should get rid of hackers/cheaters.