View Full Version : TQ WILL be on dvd

Karmeck
02-15-2006, 02:30 PM
http://images.webhallen.com/boxshot.php?id=53350

In the Eu then.

:D .com

ToiMoi
02-15-2006, 02:38 PM
you don't believe that do you? what arse would make a blacked out box for a new game? that would be a very bad marketing strategy.. ppl don't get what the game is about like that.. a box is supposed to make a game interesting, not leaving ppl in wonder about what's in it.. :p

Karmeck
02-15-2006, 02:57 PM
you don't believe that do you? what arse would make a blacked out box for a new game? that would be a very bad marketing strategy.. ppl don't get what the game is about like that.. a box is supposed to make a game interesting, not leaving ppl in wonder about what's in it.. :p

I call them tomorow and ak form were the got it. And to be ones I did not like that german cover. Most of the time ther is difrent covers for difrent pats of the world. Like the cover to Psychonauts.

"ppl in wonder about what's in it"
That is waht the back of the cover if for.

ToiMoi
02-15-2006, 05:36 PM
ehm.. the site is in.. some.. scandinavian language if i'm not mistaking.. how different will the boxes be anyway..?

i liked the german one better than this one.. it's very dull..

Karmeck
02-15-2006, 07:35 PM
ehm.. the site is in.. some.. scandinavian language if i'm not mistaking.. how different will the boxes be anyway..?

i liked the german one better than this one.. it's very dull..

It's in Swedish.

Psychonauts in Sweden
http://images.webhallen.com/boxshot.php?id=19471

Psychonauts in teh us
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/255677.asp

It's not only the color if you look close.

But Id id not find eny other, but i think either one of the covers is wrong or we will have difrent cover here and there. The bigest factor migt be who publish it.

02-16-2006, 11:11 AM
after looking through that site a bit i found out that they use that black box with only the title on it for multiple games that doesnt have known pictured boxes yet.

Example:
http://www.webhallen.com/prod.php?id=54589

Karmeck
02-16-2006, 11:48 AM
after looking through that site a bit i found out that they use that black box with only the title on it for multiple games that doesnt have known pictured boxes yet.

Example:
http://www.webhallen.com/prod.php?id=54589

I ask them by e-mail and they told me that it might be the american version of the game cover.

02-16-2006, 11:51 AM
Then why does the titan quest black cover look excactly the same like 2 black covers of other pc games? they are for none box-art known games i asked it to a person who always buys at that site.

Karmeck
02-16-2006, 12:11 PM
Then why does the titan quest black cover look excactly the same like 2 black covers of other pc games? they are for none box-art known games i asked it to a person who always buys at that site.

I e-maild them agin and askt if they made up covers. I post here as fast as I get an answer.

PureAcid
02-18-2006, 06:21 AM
well if the game comes on a DVD that could be very bad, esp. if it is very hard protected against copy and crack, my sister got Sacred gold on DVD and her DVD-rom was not able to read and install unless she switched to a DVD-Burner, i fthe game comes out on market it will loose a lot since many ppl not have a psysical DVD-burner, I mean íf a psysical DVD.reader/player rejects a new game, what will taht do ?? No one will buy it...

Karmeck
02-19-2006, 04:13 PM
They e-maild me back and told me they make ther eown covers :(

But TQ will still be on dvd muhahahahahaha (I hope)

and they have moved over to the german cover.

ToiMoi
02-20-2006, 02:46 PM
K.. that's a relief ^^ i like the german one.. let's hope the international version stays the same :)

Redcell
02-21-2006, 11:24 AM
well if the game comes on a DVD that could be very bad, esp. if it is very hard protected against copy and crack, my sister got Sacred gold on DVD and her DVD-rom was not able to read and install unless she switched to a DVD-Burner, i fthe game comes out on market it will loose a lot since many ppl not have a psysical DVD-burner, I mean íf a psysical DVD.reader/player rejects a new game, what will taht do ?? No one will buy it...

All you have to do is mount a virtual drive and use a program called Alcohol 120% witch is free or when I got it, it was free. you can make any type of drive with that program if you dont have to have a DVD drive.If anyone needs this program me pm me ill email it to you. Very good program.

Karmeck
02-21-2006, 12:37 PM
All you have to do is mount a virtual drive and use a program called Alcohol 120% witch is free or when I got it, it was free. you can make any type of drive with that program if you dont have to have a DVD drive.If anyone needs this program me pm me ill email it to you. Very good program.

That good but you need a iso/bin and cue/img to mount, this do not work if you have a cd-rom driver only. And most new games wont run then they are mounted, they have protection for that now. Why don't just stop here b4 we start giving links to crack sites or mailing programs that cost moeny.

here you can get a 30 trial of Alcohol 120%

http://trial.alcohol-soft.com/en/

PureAcid
02-25-2006, 10:04 AM
Yes, of course ..but why mount like a cracked stuff when bought, I dont like that and besides do you really think that Ironlore will make a note on package that Alkohol 120% 1.9.5 or some ..is needed for installation of TitanQuest?
Thanks anyhow for the suggestion and offer, we have Alcohol for usage when playing cracked games.. :confused:

Redcell
03-01-2006, 11:52 AM
That good but you need a iso/bin and cue/img to mount, this do not work if you have a cd-rom driver only. And most new games wont run then they are mounted, they have protection for that now. Why don't just stop here b4 we start giving links to crack sites or mailing programs that cost moeny.

here you can get a 30 trial of Alcohol 120%

http://trial.alcohol-soft.com/en/

Really you dont, you can edit the cue or bin of this and mount it (use fireburn)Or other program to get cue or bin. I was just suggesting it. But i guess when you can pay $30 to get a program you can pay the extra 30 to getting a new dvd burner for $60.

Redcell
03-01-2006, 11:55 AM
Yes, of course ..but why mount like a cracked stuff when bought, I dont like that and besides do you really think that Ironlore will make a note on package that Alkohol 120% 1.9.5 or some ..is needed for installation of TitanQuest?
Thanks anyhow for the suggestion and offer, we have Alcohol for usage when playing cracked games.. :confused:

Because your (not you) so cheap you wont go out and buy a dvd drive but you want to play the game. Just giving options.

PureAcid
03-01-2006, 12:09 PM
well, we bought a brand new DVD-player, well known brand, and it did not was not able to read the Sacred Gold, whcih is only able to read by a burner, but why should a 12 yo girl have a dvd-burner? To play games that comes on a DVD, should be able to be read by a DVD player-reader, a burner should not be necessary, and second first waisted money on buying a "useless" DVD-reader/player, would not go back to shop with that with reason that "the game was no able to read" , OK buy/bought a DVD-burner, ----> gave a lot of wasted money on the DVD reader.... GOT IT, ??? finally it seem that this forum died when it was obviuois that TQ lack MP mode

Redcell
03-01-2006, 12:20 PM
well, we bought a brand new DVD-player, well known brand, and it did not was not able to read the Sacred Gold, whcih is only able to read by a burner, but why should a 12 yo girl have a dvd-burner? To play games that comes on a DVD, should be able to be read by a DVD player-reader, a burner should not be necessary, and second first waisted money on buying a "useless" DVD-reader/player, would not go back to shop with that with reason that "the game was no able to read" , OK buy/bought a DVD-burner, ----> gave a lot of wasted money on the DVD reader.... GOT IT, ??? finally it seem that this forum died when it was obviuois that TQ lack MP mode

Man there was some many errors in there it was hard to read. I wasent telling you to go out and buy a dvd-burner. What i was saying was if your going to drop the money on a dvd reader might as well buy the burner. Why do you Ask to get a DVD burner well on a dvd disc you can store 4gigs of info over 800mb right there made me change. I was able to back up all critcal system and ghost a image of a uniformed system so if i have to reload it would only take 20mins and store everything to a server that gets backup nightly. When info is your life and thats how you make your money ill do it. I know thats abit overboard for a personal system but I have a image burned of my game box. Just in case I need to reload it quick. I havent been here in awhile been really busy. Where is the info on MP.

PureAcid
03-01-2006, 12:28 PM
thee given info about MP-mode is obviously this that NO info about MP mode is given. The given info points on SP mode.

Redcell
03-01-2006, 12:37 PM
thee given info about MP-mode is obviously this that NO info about MP mode is given. The given info points on SP mode.

Again its really hard to understand what you are saying with all the typos.

I wouldent say that it dosent have MP mode then. If they are putting this in the same class as Diablo2. What set Diablo2 diffrent from diablo1 You could play across the internet with friends if there is no mp then you cant even put it in the same class.

J Bone
03-01-2006, 12:58 PM
I think we need to take what some folks say on these boards with a grain of salt. I honestly don't understand why there is such a negative reaction to ~V~'s answer to multiplayer? Redcell to bring you up to speed a bit. Two developers have joined the forums. One of them ~V~ answered several questions in this newly titled post.

http://www.titanquest.net/questions-answers/122-questions-devlopers.html

-How will melee combat skills be handled in terms of weaponry used? For example how will using a bow as opposed to using a sword affect skill use?

Skills have a big effect on combat in Titan Quest. We will be releasing new information on the skill system in the near future. I can tell you that different skill tabs do enhance the use of different types of weapons. For example, if you choose to specialize in the Warfare skill tab you can unlock skills that will enable your character to dual wield melee weapons. If you were to focus on the Hunting tab you would have access to many skills that improve combat with a bow.

Some skill tabs can enhance any weapon you may have equipped, for example a fire enchantment cast on an axe would imbue the blade with flame and give it fire damage, while the same enchantment cast on a bow would allow the player to shoot fire arrows.

-Will more powerful named items have their own custom art or will the artwork be random?

All of the powerful named items (we refer to them as epic and legendary items) all have custom art. Each piece is individually designed with unique art and hand picked stats. There are over 800 pieces of epic and legendary equipment in the game. That is in addition to the hundreds of common weapons and armor.

-What are the forms of equipment that will be worn?

We designed the equipment in the game to cater to various different gameplay styles. For example there is mage style armor which offers energy regeneration bonuses, melee style armor which offers protection bonuses, and even rogue style armor which may offer things such as dexterity bonuses or increased movement or attack speed.

Specifically, characters will be able to equip head armor, chest armor, leg armor and arm armor. There are also several jewelry slots available to the player.

-will there be MP?

Titan Quest does support multi-player game play. One unique feature of the game is that we do not distinguish between a multi-player character and a single player character. It is possible to start the game in single player one day. Group up with your friends in a multi-player game on a different day, then continue the game in single player the day after, all while playing the same character. The game difficulty and experience will all scale depending on the number of players in your game.

~V~'s answer to multiplayer sparked some debat. Although I'm not sure why?

Redcell
03-01-2006, 01:09 PM
Hey thanks Jbone yea that dosent sound like there will be MP it just sounds like you will use one char for both witch is real cool. I fyou want to quest on your own you can or if you want to group up you can.

ToiMoi
03-02-2006, 06:28 AM
*offtopic* :p

@ J-Bone: the debate.. OK.. well it's just that a lot of ppl really want MP on titan quest.. and because there is so little information given there is some frustration rising.

@ J-Bone again about the MP info given by ~V~: the fact that sp and mp chars are the same means the chars are stored on your own pc. that will increase the cheatingpotential of titan quest, and the gamers out here are against that.

@ Redcell: it's cool that you can continue your game, that's not the real problem.. it just brings problems along with it. i posted some problems that will rise because of that, like questing problems (having to do a quest YOU already completed because your friend hasn't), how they will give out rewards (earning rewards over and over again? or reward just the person that completes the quest? fair/unfair because you DID help your buddies out?) and how will the game be set up? (first person creates a game creates the questing options? or will earlier quests become available again when there are lower lvls around?)
there's very much that *can, not neccessarily has to* go wrong with the kind of MP they describe, and they make it sound like LAN-games or IP-games, and not everyone is that excited about that either..

PureAcid
03-02-2006, 06:40 AM
Enigma ... you summed the problems we think of very well... Good post!

ToiMoi
03-02-2006, 11:14 AM
actually it's kind of double posting..
those problems i've posted are already posted by my persona in the questions to the dev-thread (take a look at #10 (http://www.titanquest.net/questions-answers/122-questions-devlopers.html)) but i thought i could use it here again to describe the biggest problems we see from our side taking in account the little information about MP released up until now.

anyways me hopes it clears our MP trubble up a bit :)

Twisted13
03-16-2006, 07:25 PM
So this game will only come out on DVD? This means im gonna have to buy a DVD drive!? I guess it's not so bad, but why not release it on both?

ToiMoi
03-17-2006, 01:48 PM
:rolleyes: if you would have read everything, then you would have found that there is discussion about this..
it's not on this thread, but someone revealed a german cover saying it's a cd-rom release. Karmeck found a place where they said it's on dvd. he is a dvd fanatic btw lol

so we aren't sure what it will be...

Twisted13
03-17-2006, 06:19 PM
:rolleyes: if you would have read everything, then you would have found that there is discussion about this..
it's not on this thread, but someone revealed a german cover saying it's a cd-rom release. Karmeck found a place where they said it's on dvd. he is a dvd fanatic btw lol

Well that still does not answer if it will or will not be on DVD just because someone saw a german version, but I understand what you meant. I did read most of it, but some parts got off topic and the german info did not leave me with an definite impression of whats to come.

ToiMoi
03-18-2006, 08:20 AM
don't worry, IF it will be on dvd, Karmeck will find it. and he will find it asap. lol
and when it will be on cdrom, someone else will find it and the faqs will be updated so everyone knows. :)

Karmeck
03-18-2006, 08:48 AM

The dvd cover I foun was a fake by the site I saw it on, I maild them the german cover and now they use it.