PDA

View Full Version : [Illusionist] petless spearer pierce+poison

Magic101
01-06-2007, 03:49 PM
Hi everyone, im Mike and im new here :D

ive been playing TQ for a week now, considerd alot of different builds and classes, and decided to go for Illusionist.

My toon is lvl 21 atm (normal egypt), and i intend to use a spear. as of now, im petless and all my nature points went to Heart Of Oak. all the rest on rogue.
i want to concentrate on pierce+poison damage, and im thinking on not using any pets at all.
im not the "lay trap and run" type, im more of a melee player who loves to hit once and see the poison drain that hp bar fast ;)

here is the build im currently considering for my spear pierce+poison toon, any suggestions or comments are apreciated.

TitanCalc by stonedonkey - A Titan Quest Calculator - Illusionist (http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Illusionist&master1=4&master2=6&m1=32-0-0-12-0-0-8-0-0-8-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-8-0-0-0&m2=32-8-6-12-6-0-8-0-0-0-0-12-12-0-12-0-8-12-8-6-0)

Infares
01-06-2007, 10:11 PM
Generally speaking, by legendary enemies have so many HP and resistance to poison and bleeding that it's just quicker to shank them with piercing damage.

IMO only thing that really changes that is if you're spirit mastery, Liche King and Deathchill Aura both have the ability to reduce bleeding resistance.

Also, balk all you want but if you do decide to go heavy into bleed damage, wolves with maxed Maul and Survival Instinct/Strength of the Pack would benefit you greatly. Their staying power (especially since you already have maxed Heart of Oak) is much better than many people give them credit for, and they boost your damage via Strength of the Pack. And I can see the synergy present in Mortal Wound/Plague, which would make Plague that much more deadly on top of the massive amount of goodies it already has.

Beauty of the Mystic is, you can try what you want, and if YOU decide YOU don't like it you can just change it ^^ that's how Petless Summoner came into being, and I'm sure if you experiment you may find that some of your ideas might work great, others may not, but at least you can change it.

The Envenomed Kiss
01-07-2007, 12:29 AM
As to the above, your Anatomy and Open Wound skills don't affect wolves or are affected by them. Bleeding is worthless, even with -resistances it doesn't deal enough damage to be worth it, plus alot of mobs are flat immune to it.

As for pets your Nymph deals pure piercing which is increased by Blade Honing. Also helps the wolves out with maul a little. But Three Wolves, Nymph, Three Traps you'd basically be a soothsayer lol.

Personally if I were to play illusionist i'd focus on Throwing Knives/Plague but thats just my 2cp.

Shadow_azzazen
01-07-2007, 07:03 AM
you'r build is quiet good, I am making an illusionist myself, but was I was thinking of was to remove fatigue for refresh, since you allready have choosen full three with lethal strike, refresh would be very nice.

Infares
01-07-2007, 08:17 AM
Eh, think Plague's synergies with Envenom's enfeebling synergies would work awesome together, but yeah at least one point in refresh is never a waste of a point IMO.

Magic101
01-07-2007, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the advice guys.
I know that bleeding is worthless, thats why i kept it out of my build.
Q: is Disarm Traps any good? it relates to traps only, or to mechanical mobs too?

ive advanced to the Orient, lvl 24. im still petless and i can kill everything with ease.. well i know you gonna say "wait for epic and legendary" :o

Infares
01-07-2007, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the advice guys.
I know that bleeding is worthless, thats why i kept it out of my build.
Q: is Disarm Traps any good? it relates to traps only, or to mechanical mobs too?

ive advanced to the Orient, lvl 24. im still petless and i can kill everything with ease.. well i know you gonna say "wait for epic and legendary" :o

I think it applies to all mechanical mobs, problem is they're not the ones you really have to worry about for 90% of the game.

As far as I know just the Automata and traps are pretty much it for the mechanical mobs in the game, and they're pretty rare in most cases and skill points are worth far more than any other resource in the game IMO.