PDA

View Full Version : another athen bug, single player (spoiler inside)

sergioleone
06-27-2006, 01:57 PM
ok, i have a little problem...... its not a technical problem, it's a gameplay problem....

spoiler
i'm now at the athens docks and i want to travel to crete...... i've talked several times to the promethian agent feiyan (or something like that).... finally she says "We can set sail, when you're ready"... i'm ready, but i dont know how to go on..... she doesn't say anything else and the sailor guy next to her is declared as an npc at the minimap, but i can't interact with him, compare http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/2999/test2kd.jpg

i've killed several times the boss in the catacombs lvl 5 and talked to phaedrus..... i've also travelled back to all cities and talked to everybody, but i still cant talk to the sailor guy and sail to crete....

bug or did i miss to do something?

Karmeck
06-27-2006, 02:18 PM
god damnit folow the video i made you.

sergioleone
06-27-2006, 02:21 PM
god damnit folow the video i made you.

yeah, you talked in the video to one guy and that was the sailor at the docks..... and i can't talk to him...

Karmeck
06-27-2006, 02:50 PM
no its not it the guy at the other end of the catacombs

sergioleone
06-27-2006, 03:31 PM
no its not it the guy at the other end of the catacombs

are you kidding me? There's just this guy in the catacombs and i've talked thousands of times with this guy
http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/3514/test44rq.jpg

and there's no one else...... and in front of the pantheon / acropolis is also nobody.....

CID2006
06-27-2006, 05:59 PM
you must walk outside.....

Gawwad
06-30-2006, 04:03 PM
Were you playing on lan/internet with a friend who had already done the quest when you killed the boss the first time?

sergioleone
06-30-2006, 04:21 PM
Were you playing on lan/internet with a friend who had already done the quest when you killed the boss the first time?

no..... i played just single player.....

and to cid2006..... did you read my post? I was outside and i was not able to talk to the sailor

Gawwad
06-30-2006, 06:07 PM
no..... i played just single player.....

and to cid2006..... did you read my post? I was outside and i was not able to talk to the sailor

I'm not completely sure if what I descriped is the cause of the problem but you're not alone! My brother had the same thing when he tried to get to Egypt. His quest is done, he's done all he has to but he can't speak to the sailor.

Gabris
07-01-2006, 03:09 PM
I have same problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm playing in single game in normal, killed Alastor, but didn't talk to the Old man, because I wanted to kill more Alastor for better item! So I killed some times Alastor, but the next time the Old man didn't come in the room, just waited in the korridor, like in your screenshot! I discovered, that first time the majestic box was in the corner, but after this, the box was in middle of Alastor's room! I can't go out to the haven, for travel to Egypt!

P.s.: Sorry for my english, I am hungarian! :razz:

Gabris
07-01-2006, 03:12 PM
Sorry, I mean I can't go out of the room to travel to Creta Island!

Kyuss Apollo
07-01-2006, 09:27 PM
so...does anyone know if the patch will fix the "Phaedrus" bug?

Found a fix here (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/titanquest/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-28899401&pid=928126)
but if the patch will fix the problem I'd rather not go off deleting folders and what not...

Presently I am stuck, with the Athenian city council standing around five floors below the Parthenon, and no ! to talk to Phaedrus and no other way to the telkine besides the aforementioned fix...

robr
08-25-2006, 11:06 AM
so...does anyone know if the patch will fix the "Phaedrus" bug?

Found a fix here (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/titanquest/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-28899401&pid=928126)
but if the patch will fix the problem I'd rather not go off deleting folders and what not...

That link is no good any longer. I'm stuck on the 'we can set sail whenever you are ready' bug and am trying to get around it. What was the solution?

-Aerows-
08-25-2006, 07:55 PM
New patch should fix the problems, but if it doesn't, try deleting the *.que files in your save folder. The link that Kyuss posted should tell you how.

HsN
08-27-2006, 05:44 AM
My game crashes unexpectedly. Is there any way to solve this problem?