PDA

View Full Version : Best Co-op Combo?

sixfoot6
06-27-2006, 12:04 PM
Hey there.

I'm picking up two copies this afternoon for the wife and I. While I'll be playing the SP through on my own, on my own time, the two of us will also be playing through the game with a second set of chars in cooperative mode.

What are some interesting Co-op combos?

- Helpful buffs
- Healing?
- Tanking?
- Little "shared" equipment types (so we're not competiting so much for gear)

Appreciate your ideas!

zeroburrito
06-27-2006, 12:22 PM
2 mages would be the best, sept that you both would need the same gear. Make sure one of you have nature with heart of oak also. The best possible would be for both of you to focus on either the ice shard attack or ternion attack, should be able to get through the game with very little deaths. A tank is really not needed if you just kill everything before it has a chance to respond (this may change in legendary mode but holds true for normal and epic).

Hadrian
06-27-2006, 12:34 PM
I would think that a Conqueror (warfare/defense) and a druid (storm/nature) would be as close to optimal as possible. Both characters have AoE healing powers, both characters have stuns and slows for crowd control, one character has insane innate defense and the other has the option (through Briar Ward) for emergency defense. Collosus Form can even be used twice in succession through Refresh. You also have access to a variety of types of damage as well as a couple pets with good support and attack skills.

This is what me and my fiancee are going to do over a LAN, actually. I think that it would be pretty powerful, but we'll have to wait and see.

zeroburrito
06-27-2006, 01:05 PM
I play lanned with a warfare melee friend and honestly, he is useless, i nuke whole groups down before he even gets a chance to hit anything. When we fight bosses he only gets 5 or so swings.

zeroburrito
06-27-2006, 01:06 PM
I play lanned with a warfare melee friend and honestly, he is useless, i nuke whole groups down before he even gets a chance to hit anything. When we fight bosses he only gets 5 or so swings. He is remaking his char because he is so bored doing nothing lol.

Aron
06-27-2006, 01:25 PM
It’s always a good, working combo if the male player plays a melee character type and the female player a ranged type. From own experience, girls rather pick the non-bashing character types and have most fun with bows and spells.
This way, you hardly see your pretty girl roughly grabbed by nasty creatures and there will be no trouble when sharing loot. ;)