PDA

View Full Version : Port fowarding / MP / Router

Wellas
06-27-2006, 11:46 AM
Hi together,

I would like to host a Multiplayergame but I do not know the Ports that have to be unlock/forward in my Router.

I´ve tried the Search Function but did´nt find anything (k ??) and in the Readme did´nt told me anything (hmmm....or with a k ....anythink .... )

Sorry for my bad English but I´m a "Kraut" :shifty: ....öhh.... German :)

cheers

Wellas

Fyren
06-27-2006, 11:49 AM
Hi together,

I would like to host a Multiplayergame but I do not know the Ports that have to be unlock/forward in my Router.

I´ve tried the Search Function but did´nt find anything (k ??) and in the Readme did´nt told me anything (hmmm....or with a k ....anythink .... )

Sorry for my bad English but I´m a "Kraut" :shifty: ....öhh.... German :)

cheers

Wellas

The best bet is to actually consult your ISP/Route domain's page and see which ports can be opened and closed.

Perhaps google it,

AND - a bit off topic

I am glad you bought this game..but its the world cup right now..hosted in your home country...you guys are owning, in the final 8th...you should be drunk every night...If you play this game on the 30th...just no....

I cheer for Germany just because Brazil is too leet and its no fun if they win again. Ronaldo, you fat bastard- still a leet finisher.

frankenparrot
06-27-2006, 11:55 AM
Sorry Brazil is not even close to invincible. :)

Wellas
06-27-2006, 11:58 AM
Fyren,

first big THX for the fast answer.

thats right.....Worldcup. Great Issue in our Country and a great honor for us. The Germans will play on Friday against Argentinia. At this Time I will look Soccer......and after (and before) I´ll play TQ.

Back to Topic:

In Quake4 I had have to configure my Router that anybody (who seen my Game) can join. Before this is´nt done they could´nt join my (hosted) games (they got a error Massage)

In Q4 it was the Ports 28004 TCP/UDP and 27650 TCP/UDP

I though they are Ports for TQ to open the Conection.

Cheers
Wellas

Fyren
06-27-2006, 12:06 PM
Fyren,

first big THX for the fast answer.

thats right.....Worldcup. Great Issue in our Country and a great honor for us. The Germans will play on Friday against Argentinia. At this Time I will look Soccer......and after (and before) I´ll play TQ.

Back to Topic:

In Quake4 I had have to configure my Router that anybody (who seen my Game) can join. Before this is´nt done they could´nt join my (hosted) games (they got a error Massage)

In Q4 it was the Ports 28004 TCP/UDP and 27650 TCP/UDP

I though they are Ports for TQ to open the Conection.

Cheers
Wellas

For one thing, its surprising the readme didn't have anything :errf: It usually includes the acceptable port range.

Did you try using gamespy as an alternative?. Instead of direct hosting on the PC?.

The technical forums has yet to have any topics regarding routers and ports, and we didn't hear anything from the dev.

So my advice is to either try Gamespy as an alternative, use whatever port they suggest, and wait till more people get this game and start talking about routers.

And off topic

Brazil is not invincible, but you can't deny their leetness with technicals and finishers. Hence why I am rooting for germany, too tired of italians and brazilians winning the cup. Once again, 06 WC dominated by european countries- 대한민국~..흑흑흑.......:(

Gorkk
06-27-2006, 05:24 PM
I cheer for Germany just because Brazil is too leet and its no fun if they win again. Ronaldo, you fat bastard- still a leet finisher.
Brazil will get owned by France on Saturday night :whistle:

On topic, I surely would like to know as well. Of course monitoring traffic on your network to see which ports and protocols are used could do the job, but it'd be easier if a dev could answer this, they surely know :rockon:

chooch709
06-27-2006, 06:23 PM
You don't need to open any ports to host a game through a firewall on Gamespy.

Gorkk
06-27-2006, 10:00 PM
You don't need to open any ports to host a game through a firewall on Gamespy.
And behind a rooter? (not sure, but you might to forward some of the ports?).
I remember having tried MP with GameSpy with the review version like a couple of weeks ago now, with another French reviewer:
- when he was hosting, I ended up losting connection pretty soon, each time when taking a portal (don't know what was his setup though)
- when I was hosting, he couldn't join (always timed out). Thought it was because of my home network configuration (using a rooter modem plugged on a switch, having actually another switch in my room with my 2 - and sometimes 3 - computers on it, and with the rooter not really well configured I guess - roughly base config, which is usually not great for gaming and communications, like I can't set an accessible FTP server on my comp, nor send DCC on IRC, fail to find some time to do the configuration :p)

Maybe it was because GameSpy was not yet fully up for TQ, dunno, haven't had time to try again since then.