View Full Version : newbie questions
06-27-2006, 08:51 AM
hello. i have started playing this game yesterday and now i've reached the sparta miliatry camp or smth :razz: and i have some questions:
1. how do i build a second character? i've read in other posts things like: "i have a level 15... and a level 17..." . i only have one character :( . and hopefully i won't have to restart the game to get 2 heroes.
2. how come when i press alt i don't see all the items on the ground and just some of them? is there an option that needs to be enabled which shows all the items' names and without pressing alt all the time (like in ds2)?
3. if i added skill points to the defense mastery, how can i add other skill points to another mastery? or do i have to complete the defense first?
thx and sorry for the bad english :happy:
06-27-2006, 08:55 AM
1. You have to create a new character at the same screen where you created the first. When you create a new character, they are level 1 and start from the beginning.
2. As far as I know there is no way to set it to show all the items all the time. If it did, then the screen would be pretty cluttered. Also, you can press "z" to show all items, including broken ones, or you can press "x" to show all magical or better items, relics/charms, and potions.
3. You can select your second mastery at level 8
Also, Welcome to the forums and your english is just fine :)
06-27-2006, 09:01 AM
but is there any chance that i complete the game with only one hero? i really don't want to start all over again (it's kinda boring untill you get to sparta)
06-27-2006, 09:06 AM
you certainly can. you don't need 5 chars to complete it, just one char and keep on playing ;)
06-27-2006, 09:06 AM
Yes, the game is meant for you to finish it with one character. I think you are misunderstanding the idea of multiple heros/characters. What they mean is they make a second character that is completely separate from the other ones. They are not related in any way, and do not share anything (quests, items, progress). Or perhaps you are thinking of co-op via multiplayer? How that works is, when more than one person is playing in a multiplayer game, the game difficulty scales to make it harder depending on the number of players in the game. The single-player game is most definately designed to be played with only one character.
There are hotkeys for seeing all the items on the ground.
Z = Everything. But why would you want to see the broken items?
Alt = White items and up. What you're probably using now. The key i mean.
X = Yellow (magic) and up. Actually I should say it filters out the grey and white items, potions/charms/etc still show.
06-27-2006, 09:35 AM
but is there any chance that i complete the game with only one hero?
*fnis* That sure is a newbie question ;)
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.