PDA

View Full Version : Nature build for a party healer?

core4dumperror
10-28-2006, 02:57 AM
Hi guys,
I'm putting together a Natrue/x char (not sure what my second mastery should be) for the party that my roommates and I run with. I'd like to spec heavy into healing, and other support, so that I can sit at the back and keep my party alive through the toughest battles. Also, my roommates have lowly computers, and big AOE bombs (my earth mage's volcanic orb) and pets (my summoner's pets) cause their computers to lag to hell.
So, I need a build that isn't graphically intensive, preferably uses no pets, and can heal/support really well. Any suggestions?
I'm thinking that Hunting would make a good second mastery if for no other reason than Herbal Remedy, Study Prey, and Art of the Hunt.

RDespair
10-28-2006, 06:38 AM
Nature/Hunting was my first thought as well. Here's a rough final build - TitanCalc by stonedonkey - A Titan Quest Calculator - Ranger (http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Ranger&master1=4&master2=7&m1=32-16-0-12-8-0-8-0-0-8-0-10-0-0-6-0-0-8-1-0-0-0&m2=32-0-0-0-0-12-6-0-8-0-0-8-0-0-8-1-6-0-6-0-0-0)

Pump most of your points into Intellect with a few into Dexterity & Energy. You'll want to wear mage equipment for the Energy regen & hopefully some Casting Speed Up and Recharge Down later on. You won't be doing much fighting - it's all about weakening enemies with Plague & Study Prey, boosting allies with Herbal Remedy, Art of the Hunt, Heart of Oak, and Call of the Hunt, and healing when necessary with Regrowth.

If you're not set on Nature, this might be a fun supporting build - TitanCalc by stonedonkey - A Titan Quest Calculator - Conquerer (http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Conquerer&master1=5&master2=3&m1=32-6-12-0-6-1-12-0-0-6-6-0-6-0-0-8-6-0-12-0-0-0&m2=24-0-0-0-0-0-0-10-0-0-10-0-0-0-0-6-0-6-0-0-0)

Very different from the usual Warfare/Defense build. Rally for healing, energy regen & damage reflection, Battle Awareness for added defense, Battle Standard for boosting allies & weakening enemies, and Concussive Blow (any club will do so just use an early one so you don't need to pump up Strength) + War Horn for some major area stunning & health reduction. Should be a rather easy build to play - stun, stun, stun, heal when necessary.

Aurican
10-28-2006, 06:40 AM
If you want to rely heavily on healing your party members you could look at defence with its rally line, although it would be a pitty if you would stay at the back then. You could be right in the middle of the fight keeping youreself alive with adrenaline and keeping your party alive with rally, refgrowth and Heart of Oak. Slowing the monsters down with Batter and disable.

edit: Something like this (http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Guardian&master1=4&master2=5&m1=32-16-0-12-8-0-0-0-0-0-0-10-0-0-6-0-0-0-0-0-0&m2=32-0-1-12-0-2-12-0-6-6-0-0-6-8-6-8-6-0-12-0-6-0)

The Dragon Reborn
10-28-2006, 07:02 AM
Not using pets I wouldn't take Nature at all, instead going for Defense as support / tank. The Rally and Battle Awareness lines offer some nice auras, and with potions working as they do now, there's scarcely a character needed that specializes in healing. Besides, you'd need some really good communication ( MEDIC ! ;) ), else I fear that lots of attempts at healing will be in vain. If my health drops due to some burst damage, I wouldn't take the chance and wait for that healing to come or not - when in doubt, gulp a potion.

Best support imho is ensuring other party members don't take all / too much of the heat - I'd rather prevent something to break as to fix it. As INT geared char hanging back and not using pets to tank you'd not be helping there.

rgz,
TDR

core4dumperror
10-28-2006, 08:58 AM
... with potions working as they do now, there's scarcely a character needed that specializes in healing. Besides, you'd need some really good communication ( MEDIC ! ;) ), else I fear that lots of attempts at healing will be in vain.

How do potions work, anyway? I've never figured out how much health my Warden is getting when he chugs Healing pots vs. Greater Helaing pots.

As for communication, we're using a LAN-hosted TeamSpeak server for communication between rooms, and the party's tank is sitting right next to me. So that's not really an issue.

On another communication note, though... does anyone know if there's a way to improve the horendously bad in-game text message system? I can't stand it for reasons too numerous to mention.

garewortel
10-28-2006, 06:10 PM
Nature/Hunting is the way to go here imo. Nature does all the healing, and theres nothing like shooting a couple of arrows to stay outside of the fight.

Benfea
11-19-2006, 12:42 AM
How do potions work, anyway? I've never figured out how much health my Warden is getting when he chugs Healing pots vs. Greater Helaing pots.

As for communication, we're using a LAN-hosted TeamSpeak server for communication between rooms, and the party's tank is sitting right next to me. So that's not really an issue.

On another communication note, though... does anyone know if there's a way to improve the horendously bad in-game text message system? I can't stand it for reasons too numerous to mention.

You already have an improvement to the horrendous in-game text message system: TeamSpeak.

Spartan
11-27-2006, 09:20 PM
Sample Level 50 Guardian (http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Guardian&master1=4&master2=5&m1=32-15-0-11-7-0-1-0-0-1-2-9-0-0-5-0-0-1-11-0-0-0&m2=32-0-3-0-0-0-11-0-0-0-0-0-5-0-0-0-5-0-10-0-0-0)

Go through the Regrowth and Heart of Oak lines first, and try to find -% energy cost and -% recharge items (be a staff user and put points into Intelligence and Energy). I haven't used this build but its what I would try first. Unless someone was already using Rally then go Hunting for Study Prey.