PDA

View Full Version : Fix for some graphic slowdown

Darcydian
06-26-2006, 08:10 PM
Hey guys,
Here's an odd tip I found, (also works with some other games)

For those of us running flat panel lcd monitors, or certain types of CRT's run the game at the same resolution you run your desktop at this will improve the quality and look of the game, and also fix alot of the graphical anomilies some of you are having!

Also, again for those of us running LCD's the maximum resolution your LCD monitor supports is ALSO the optimal resolution for your monitor! Use it, and it will actually run smoother for you.

I was wondering why at 800x600 and 1024x768 I was having such a hard time running the game, then I decided to try this and run it at my desktop resolution (1280 x 1024) and it actually gave me increase framerate and I don't get any of the odd graphical problems (blurred text, missing textures)

Hope this helps some people =)
Ryan

flaeli
06-26-2006, 08:19 PM
Doesn't work for me. Upping the resolution only makes the game slower. You will need a good graphics card to handle the increase in framerate. You probably get a higher apparent framerate because your monitor is optimised to work best at that resolution.

rekof
06-26-2006, 08:29 PM
its kind of true,.. even reguarding this problem i mentioned in ''Some funky isues'' ,.. but stil only on low settings,.

psikosis
06-27-2006, 02:09 AM
The game will look better on your moniter's native resolution, but I doubt that it will actually run better.

neilsouth
06-27-2006, 12:35 PM
He tried this and it didnt work, check the dual core thread

Darcydian
06-27-2006, 01:31 PM
Let me restate my position here,

I am running a P4 2.4 1.5 gigs of DDR333 and a Raedon 9800 pro
My monitor is a 19in LCD with a native resolution of 1280 x 1024

When I run the game at 800 x 600 the game is ny unplayable, not only looking bad but getting odd graphic stuttering very bad slowdown and the blurred lettering and missing textures all over the place.

I was VERY frustrated by this, then I remembered and old trick that work for Morrowind on that computer (a game I should have not really experienced any graphical problems with on reasonable settings) I popped up the resolution to the native, now everything runs very smooth. I still experience the framerate drops here and there, and a bit of slowdown but over all the game is VERY playable and still looks pretty good at mostly low with a few medium settings thrown in. It was not this way at the lower resolution.

Try it

neilsouth
06-27-2006, 01:55 PM
Darcydian you're just repeating yourself, we know that already but it isnt working like this for a majority of people