PDA

View Full Version : New Player: Looking for Help in Deciding Second Mastery

Llaith
10-20-2006, 10:08 AM
Hey all nice to meet you. :D

Started playing a few days ago, and got an Assassin to 39, before I finally got the game loaded on my Puter.

My new char is level 20 Warfare. Im considering /Storm, /Earth, /Nature, /Spirit.
I want some low energy costs and passives are ideal.
Im looking heavily at Nature, or Spirit, yet would like some Experienced Advice, from some resident SBs, and Champs. :p

One thing Im curious about is replacing Lethal Strike.... Automatoi, and Typh were beasts even with Lethal Strike, not sure I can imagine doing them without, but Im assuming Wolvies, and the massive HP + Resists from Nature Could be huge.

The main thing Im really looking at here is the image, and feel.
I love the Raging Berserker thing, and cant live w/o Dual-wielding! :twisted:

Thanks in advance,
Llaith
:D

Whisk33
10-20-2006, 10:33 AM
Welcome to the Forums. Don't forget you might want to try searching the forums? I dont think they are broke. There is a bunch of information and it does not take long to just browse it at all (ok that might not be true, but you can glance at the recent things at least). If you want advice on how you should play the game, it is better to just search and read what other poeple have wrote. This question is asked literally every couple of days. Usually just titled HELP ME :) or Second Mastery. There are tons of builds out there for champions spellbreakers thanes etc. So lets find some shall we?

Here is the third post down in the warfare section
http://www.titanquest.net/forums/warfare/10524-thane-help-pls.html

nethal talks about some benifits of the secondmasteries here
http://www.titanquest.net/forums/warfare/9673-second-class-warfare.html

Here is a bunch of builds for each character
http://www.titanquest.net/forums/skills/9500-titan-quest-builds-compendium.html

More importantly asking someone how you should play the game is a rough subject. What do you want to do. You said you like the dual wield tree? Try and plan your points out TitanCalc by stonedonkey - A Titan Quest Calculator (http://www.titancalc.com) it isnt updated yet for 1.20 but its close enough to give you a good idea on what you are going to be doing. If you have a question about how the skills work ask that. (try and search it first as you can get you answer that much faster!! and many questions have been asked already) I hope that helps shed some light on your search and is helpful.

Llaith
10-21-2006, 07:03 PM
Whisk, What makes you assume, like an Asshat I might add, that I hadnt done any research? Since your reading comprehension is obviously crap, Ill help you out.

"Im looking heavily at Nature, or Spirit, yet would like some Experienced Advice, from some resident SBs, and Champs."

"The main thing Im really looking at here is the image, and feel.
I love the Raging Berserker thing, and cant live w/o Dual-wielding!"

Now, to the rest of you I apologize. I cant stand assumptive idiots.

fuero2k
10-22-2006, 04:19 AM
That wasn't very polite as he was just trying to help u out dude...Well my 2 cents go with warfare/spirit since he's my most successful(and powerful/survival) character so far.And yes he can stand in a middle of a group slashing and hacking and cause of life leech not drinking a pot every single time

Whisk33
10-23-2006, 07:54 AM
I believe I gave you a link for each of the masteries you were looking for except Spirit. Each of those links talks about at least one of the masteries you asked about. Storm, Earth, Nature. Cassidy's thread has a complete build for the champion. I guess I misunderstood what you were looking for. I tried giving you links to people who have experience with playing those class though. On the second page of the warfare section AngelicPenguin started this thread
http://www.titanquest.net/forums/warfare/9569-spellbreaker-build.html
While it poses a question... It was over a month ago. Perhap you could PM angelic and ask him how he likes his build? Or perhaps you can just be angry again since I gave you another link and didnt spoon feed you the answer you were looking for the first time?:/ Did not intend to start a flaming session with my orginal post; I was simply trying to give you what you indeed said you we're looking for. Any questions, I'll be here.

Your Resident

Asshat

Llaith
10-25-2006, 05:33 PM
Whisk, first off ... No hard feelings. :D

The only reason I was irritated with your post, is b/c you didnt bother to inquire about the research Id done, or query whether Id done any at all. Instead, you assumed that I had done none. In fact, I had read all the posts that you linked, prior to posting. (Excepting the link to the group of builds, yet had read the ones regarding Warfare/???.)

Furthermore, I wasnt looking for spoon-feeding, smartass... :razz:
I was just looking for personal experiences to aid my decision.

Regardless.... I decided on Nature... Go Go Champion!

So far Ive found the build to be ample in every way.
Im currently Dual-wielding, with the majority of my points in Warfare.
Heres a link to my build: TitanCalc v0.4 - Champion - by stonedonkey (http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Champion&master1=4&master2=3&m1=32-0-6-12-0-1-0-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-6-5-0-0-0-0-0&m2=32-6-1-8-6-0-0-1-6-0-0-8-6-0-0-0-0-0-6-0-0)
Im actually level 45, but I think the points are lost somewhere in V1.20.
Chilling in Act III Epic, probably work my way through to Legendary tonight.

Any thoughts, ideas, let me know. Not really interested in the ZooK concept, keeping my focus on the "Survivable Berserker."

Thanks. Take it easy.

~Llaith

P.S. Heart of Oak is so insane... lol

Frostbane
10-27-2006, 01:35 PM
Llaith you're pathetic...

Llaith
10-28-2006, 04:17 PM
Llaith you're pathetic...

Your opinion is valuable... Really it is...
Jackass.

Dark Pony
11-18-2006, 10:23 PM
I'm a newb on these forums too, and my honoust 2 cents about this thread are that people shouldn't be so educative towards new people looking for advise. The time it has cost Whisk to write his 'informative reply' regarding how to browse forums, he could have written a lenghthy advise on the question asked instead or leave that to other people. Or is it ok here to bat around with the 'I am a forum veteran here and you are but a mere puppet' attitude? Lliath did research and just want's some personal pro-advise to finish it off. What is wrong with that?

On topic: As far as I'm concerned I'd go for spirit. I love the cruelty of harassing weakened, slowed and drained, pittifull monsters with my mace. And the edge it gives you against undead ofcourse;) But I guess I'm too late with that advise right?

Have fun anyways :)

Aurican
11-27-2006, 05:37 PM
I'm a newb on these forums too, and my honoust 2 cents about this thread are that people shouldn't be so educative towards new people looking for advise. The time it has cost Whisk to write his 'informative reply' regarding how to browse forums, he could have written a lenghthy advise on the question asked instead or leave that to other people. Or is it ok here to bat around with the 'I am a forum veteran here and you are but a mere puppet' attitude? Lliath did research and just want's some personal pro-advise to finish it off. What is wrong with that?

Well, I must say I don't agree with you here. I think it's better to educate new people on how to use the forums here. Whisk tried to help the OP by giving links to threads where answers are already posted and moreover gave tips with which a new person can help himself in the future.

As Whisk33 already stated this question is posted millions of times and there is no straightforward answer to it. All masteries have there pro's and cons to them and it highly depends on how you like to play the game. Searching the forum helps you a lot.

I must say I didn't really like the answer of the OP to Whisk33 since I think it is weird to expect somebody to ask about how much research he has done. If you did the research you should give the info you found in your post so people won't state you the obvious, but that is IMHO. Moreover Whisk33 tried to help, calling him an asshat for that is uncalled for IMO. Posting there were no hard feelings after he's been put straight was another thing I found really strange. If there where hard feelings a would assume they were with Whisk for being called an asshat and not with Llaith, hence I totally understand Frostbane's reaction.

RadeonDJ
11-28-2006, 08:42 PM
well..on a positive note, I wasn't aware of the builds compendium Whisk, so I appreciate the link as it gives me a general idea as to what I should do with my characters (1-week TQ newb ftw).

I also have a warfare character and eventually sided with War/Nature. As appealing as Conqueror is, I just can't seem to use a shield over dual-wield. So far I'm enjoying Regrowth+Dessimination for healing myself as well as my pet wolves. The only thing I'm having trouble with is energy. I've had to set Onslaught to my right mouse button as I find myself low on energy from attacking so often. Anyone know how to combat this, such as a nice energy leech melee weapon?

Whisk33
11-29-2006, 10:40 AM
, such as a nice energy leech melee weapon?

There are two ways to fix this.
Get yourself that epic ring .. phantom bane? it gives a great bonus dmg to undead and demons and adds mana leech. Or if you have at least one green ring on. Go to egpyt and hunt the tombs there. Kill all the ghosts to can wherever you can. They have a monster charm that will give energy leech. Search the Knowlegde thread in the spoiler section for spectral matter. Find out the bonuses that you can get from completing the charm and make sure to get the bonus that you'd like. :answered:

my 2 cents
If you are scared about droping a shield for dual wield maybe your next character can be a War/Spirit. The deathchill aura has synergies that reduce the dmg that people inflict upon you. (I have no experience in this its a suggetsion for you to try or think about) as said before the search feature is your friend. Be wary of old builds made in august and eariler. Blaze's CHampion build for example relied on spamming Ancestrial Horn (AH) and using refresh. The devs fixed this unbalance with the last patch and now without the -recharge gear you can't do that build (at least the spamming AH part ;) ).
Good luck and welcome to the forums!!

P.S note his question has a specific answer and though yes it could have been found through a search. But the answer is not dependent upon a preferences. It doesnt require a debate.

P.S.S I laughed at frostbanes comment. and stand behind all I have said. Mufasa mufasa mufasa. Good luck RadeonDJ

AngelicPenguin
11-30-2006, 06:59 PM
Perhap you could PM angelic and ask him how he likes his build

I love the spellbreaker. He B PHUN. ;)

Llaith
12-17-2006, 08:43 AM
Well, I must say I don't agree with you here. I think it's better to educate new people on how to use the forums here. Whisk tried to help the OP by giving links to threads where answers are already posted and moreover gave tips with which a new person can help himself in the future.

As Whisk33 already stated this question is posted millions of times and there is no straightforward answer to it. All masteries have there pro's and cons to them and it highly depends on how you like to play the game. Searching the forum helps you a lot.

I must say I didn't really like the answer of the OP to Whisk33 since I think it is weird to expect somebody to ask about how much research he has done. If you did the research you should give the info you found in your post so people won't state you the obvious, but that is IMHO. Moreover Whisk33 tried to help, calling him an asshat for that is uncalled for IMO. Posting there were no hard feelings after he's been put straight was another thing I found really strange. If there where hard feelings a would assume they were with Whisk for being called an asshat and not with Llaith, hence I totally understand Frostbane's reaction.

I guess you didnt get the part about him arrogantly assuming that I was ignorant about Forums in General, and about the amount of research Id done.

IMHO, Assumptions = Offensive, Tactless, and Ridiculous.

I guess I shouldnt be surprised.

P.S. It really is telling that you support Frosts comment, Whisk... :clap: