PDA

View Full Version : Pure summoner,

halsu
10-16-2006, 03:16 PM
Hello, i was thinking about building a pure summoner, so that your pets would do all the work for you.

Main idea would be Nature, wolf tree maxed, HOA, refresh and regrowth maxed
(maybe the Sylvian Nymph).
Nature of course is the primary mastery, since it has wolves, HOA, regrowth etc.
But its hard to choose the second mastery. If Sylvian Nymph would be left out (because i think that he sucks :P), i would say spirit cause the lich king and summon outsider.

But, last time i played i noticed that anchesternal hors bugged few times and stayed with me until they died. So if someone would find out what triggers this bug, it would be sweet to have 5 uberwarriors and 3 wolves with you :)
And you would get battle stantard to give some support to pets.

Maine idea is to not do ANY damage to your opponents, so no plague, offensive spells, bow etc etc. I wonder if there is any staff that would be good in supporting, not attacking.

So, ideas, critics, whatever you have to say about this :p

rafaman
10-16-2006, 03:51 PM
if you want to sit back while your summons do all the job, i can recommend this:

1. Nature.
Not because the wolfs, but because the Refresh ability. Then you can have any summon all the time.
And dont forget to max Heart of the Oak tree.

After that, the second mastery could be:

Warfare -> Ancestral Horn

or

Spirit -> Summon Outsider

there you go, sit back, light a smoke, have a beer and relax....

thats it.

ward_rb
10-16-2006, 03:53 PM
without doing any damage yourself, youre going to have a very tough if not impossible time in higher difficulties, especially against bosses. that being said, your best bet would be either spirit (lich, outsider, dark covenant, vision of death, enslave) or warfare (battle standard, warhorn without upgrade, ancestral horn, and dodge attack for a little personal survivability)

but again, i think youre going to need some damage dealing of your own....:whistle:

ward_rb
10-16-2006, 03:54 PM
Not because the wolfs, but because the Refresh ability. Then you can have any summon all the time.

not if hes playing 1.2

rafaman
10-16-2006, 04:10 PM
not if hes playing 1.2

oh! your'e right!

i forgot im still using 1.08....:silenced:

halsu
10-16-2006, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the replys guys
And im using 1.08 too.
Yeah i know that it might be challenging, but i want some challenge now :)

RDespair
10-16-2006, 08:02 PM
Another option would be to go Nature/Defense. The Rally line is rather nice with wolves (healing them & boosting them) & you can get some quality damage dealing abilities yourself with a low investment of skill points (1 point in Batter + 1 point in its synergy = low cooldown triple attack).

Whisk33
10-19-2006, 08:19 AM
If you are doing 1.08 go Champion and use the AH. You build will be dependant on you casting AH and then refresh. Your wolves will boost the dmg of your AH and your doom horn will help give them some time. You need to focus on your speed. You must be fast and not get hit. You need not worry about weapons or armor in this build so grab the gear that makes you happy. HOWEVER. You also said that you wanted a challenge and that is something that this build (nor staying in old patches) does. If you want a challenge. Try something out on your own. Using summons as tanks and dmg dealers is an easy way out since you wont have to rely on any of your skill as a fighter and item choices and strategy. If you use summons you rely only on plus skill items and the genorosity of the Devs to make smart pets. Champion is kind fun though as you can run through normal just as easily as epic and legendary. I have problems on bosses when I played though. Check out the guides. I believe blaze did a good on on a champion. (with the pre 1.20 build)

Anatta
10-20-2006, 05:43 AM
If you want pets that really kick arse I would go something like rogue/ nature or rogue / spirit.

Traps pwn any other pet any day :P

Ualaa
10-26-2006, 02:50 PM
If you want to play with bugs in the game...

Maximize all the points in a pet, for example the Nymph, and then summon that pet. Go to the Mystic and unlearn the points spent in the pet and then place them in the Wolves. If you have another set of skills, you could have maximum strength pet(s) on that side too. You could have a Core Dweller, a Nymph and Wolves, each maxed including secondary skills, and then place the points entirely into non-pet skills. It would cost a little gold and really feels like cheating the system, but if you like cheats/bugs it is a nice one.

PyroDrew
10-26-2006, 04:42 PM
If you want to play with bugs in the game...

Maximize all the points in a pet, for example the Nymph, and then summon that pet. Go to the Mystic and unlearn the points spent in the pet and then place them in the Wolves. If you have another set of skills, you could have maximum strength pet(s) on that side too. You could have a Core Dweller, a Nymph and Wolves, each maxed including secondary skills, and then place the points entirely into non-pet skills. It would cost a little gold and really feels like cheating the system, but if you like cheats/bugs it is a nice one.

I have never used a Mystic, but from what I understand the cost continues to go up and then stops at a cap. What is the cap? The cap must be quite low.

Felexitus
10-26-2006, 07:13 PM
cap's 45k and for pets who die from time to time like wolves thats a really weird idea but since judging the sanity of the idea is not the issue it definitely works!

Gandis
12-11-2006, 04:05 PM
Pure summoner is extremly weak against bosses and impossible at higher levels.
if you still wanting it i suggest the nature+earth.
Nature for wolves, healing, nymph (%X health reduction per hit) and heart of oak. At earth take the core dweller for somthing that will take hits (meat shild).