PDA

View Full Version : Sorry I haven't been active in the forums lately...

Roland
10-10-2006, 05:47 PM
But ever since the server switch (or owner?) I can't hit the site from work anymore lol

I use to have several times through out my day with breaks and such to type a few posts and keep up with stuff, but alas no more :(

Just wanted to say I'm sorry to anyone who might of noticed heh

I'm still around and will post when I can...It's crazy but I seem to have more free time at work than I do at home lol

Anyway...glad to see that everyone seems to be doing good :razz:

Good Hunting All :rockon:

DirtySanchez
10-11-2006, 04:07 AM
I didnt notice but glad to hear. I also can relate to the "free" time at work thing.

Dharken
10-11-2006, 04:58 AM
hehe me too, I seem to be spending alot of time staring into space whilst i push applications out from the server...

Hope you can post again soon roland!

Roland
10-11-2006, 04:58 PM
hehe me too, I seem to be spending alot of time staring into space whilst i push applications out from the server...

Hope you can post again soon roland!

Thanks guys appreciate that :)

Btw Dharken...I just started "Wizards First Rule" last night, just read the 1st few chapters but I like what I've read so far. Heard several mixed reviews but I decided to see for myself ;)

Also working on George R.R. Martin's (very excellent) series "A Song of Ice and Fire"

A Song of Ice and Fire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Song_of_Ice_and_Fire)

My only other Fantasy series of note that I could recommend highly is Ted Williams's "Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn" series.

Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory%2C_Sorrow%2C_and_Thorn)

And as always...Good Hunting All!

Regards,

Gorkk
10-11-2006, 05:08 PM
Hey Roland. You might want to try connecting to the site through the IP from work, as well as trying again. Here's the IP link: http://66.232.111.226/~titan/forums/

I couldn't myself reach the forums from work with the domain until few days ago, but could with the IP. And Edman had forgotten to add the A records for the DNS, but since he did I can now reach the site through the domain as well.

Armada
10-11-2006, 05:08 PM
I didnt notice but glad to hear.

If you didnt notice it - isnt that equal to "didnt care", and if you truly didnt care - why would it matter if you noticed he DID come back. And since you are indifferent to the fact that roland was gone. Then the statement that you are glad to hear he is back, a lie?

lol just messing with you ;)

welcome back Roland :D get a new job!

Gene
10-11-2006, 06:00 PM
The bar's so lonely without ya!

-Gene

Roland
10-11-2006, 06:38 PM
Thanks a lot guys! I've missed keeping up with ya :)

My youngest stepson's playing TQ now...so that's been fun. Though he picked what seems to me to be a fairly hard 1st character. (Hunter/Warrior) but he's having a good time with it (still in Normal though heh) ;)

And thanks Gorkk, I'll try it again next Tuesday (have a few days off lol)

So hopefully Gene hasn't run the bar dry cause I have quite the thirst built up:razz:

Gene
10-11-2006, 07:39 PM
So hopefully Gene hasn't run the bar dry cause I have quite the thirst built up:razz:
Bah, it'll take more than me to dry that tap.

-Gene

Lestai
10-12-2006, 01:51 AM
Back to work :P

Glade to hear you still around and enjoying the game! i never noticed you left as you have many posts around the forums so it wasnt that noticible. Welcome back.

When i leave forums i take my sig/avi off. i just have a habbit as i dont like to come back and see a red box.

*Big Hugs*

Dharken
10-12-2006, 10:06 AM
Thanks guys appreciate that :)I just started "Wizards First Rule" last night

Ive enjoyed all Goodkinds books so far. I've recently finished Faith Of The Fallen. Will have to buy Pillars Of Creation cheap though as i'm hopefully moving to a new house in the next week or two :D

DirtySanchez
10-12-2006, 10:15 AM
If you didnt notice it - isnt that equal to "didnt care", and if you truly didnt care - why would it matter if you noticed he DID come back. And since you are indifferent to the fact that roland was gone. Then the statement that you are glad to hear he is back, a lie?

lol just messing with you ;)

welcome back Roland :D get a new job!

Yes?

:shifty:

Roland
10-17-2006, 03:38 PM
No...no new job. heh (i wish...sometimes) Don't we all?

No, I couldn't hit the new site from work when it changed. Got blocked because of "Unknown or Games" category by the company's Internet Screener (Lightspeed? i think)

Now it seems I can again if I go in the back way ;)

And Dharken, I'm sorry but I had to put WFR down...over looked quite a few things and had tried to push my way forward, but I hit a spot that after that I just couldn't bring myself to read more. No disrespect, just different tastes I'm sure :)

I give Goodkind credit for getting his own twist on the Fantasy genre out the door, much more than I can say lol

But his writing style just isn't for me.

So I'm back to George R.R. Martin's "A Storm of Swords" book 3 in the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series.

And when I'm not in the mood for that I have the new Richard A. Knaak book Diablo: Sin War (read 2 chapters thus far and it's keeping me interested and wanting to find out more) my 1st book like this (based on a game) and by this Author. So far so good...

Been playing D2 SP again, after years away...just hit Hell & lvl 70 with my Untweeked Zealot :) woot heh (ATMA & Flaive make the game a lot more fun to play imo)

So it's kind of cool to be reading a book that's set in the same Universe ;)

Got the NWN2 Toolset (preordered the game over the weekend) Looks very cool I must say, very in depth...DaveyJJ will have a field day I'm sure lol

But I'm also trying to advance my Illusionist through Epic, slow but sure...I'll get there /thumbs up

Anyway...that's what's been going on with me.

Trying to quit the "beer on the weekend" habit I've made for myself...but that's another topic heh

Hope everyone is doing well!

Chat more soon...

Good Hunting All!

Dharken
10-17-2006, 04:02 PM
Haha no worries roland, my taste in books has always been iffy, i actually enjoyed alot of the ones we were forced to study at school :D

Oooooo NWN2 toolset <turns green with envy>. Can you post any screens?? or is that in breach of some beta rule??

Roland
10-17-2006, 05:29 PM
Haha no worries roland, my taste in books has always been iffy, i actually enjoyed alot of the ones we were forced to study at school :D

Oooooo NWN2 toolset <turns green with envy>. Can you post any screens?? or is that in breach of some beta rule??

Not in the Beta...any who pre-order can get a download code for the Toolset :)

Here's a VERY simple "small" map I've been just messing with placing misc. stuff in, adjusting terrain, adding ambient sounds etc.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7505/nwn2toolsetarea1testvq2.th.jpg (http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nwn2toolsetarea1testvq2.jpg)

Looks like it will be a lot of fun, but I'm a novice with toolsets so it's all a bit overwhelming lol

I'll buy the Guide and take it step by step and see what I can come up with :)

Regards,

Dharken
10-18-2006, 06:44 AM
Nice, are the purple spheres effects such as rain / fog?? or are they more to do with lighting?

Roland
10-18-2006, 10:05 AM
Nice, are the purple spheres effects such as rain / fog?? or are they more to do with lighting?

Actually I'm pretty confident that they're the area of sound effects I placed near the trees (wind and leaf sounds) heh

Though I think there is a way to expand the size (or should), just didn't get that far ;)

But since I don't have the game yet (31st) I can't "run" the module, it's all just getting familiar with the setup and functions.

Been interesting :)

Crescent_Hawk
10-19-2006, 06:31 AM
Heya Roland, I've just finished "A Storm of Swords" and am picking up "A Feast for Crows" today. I can't wait. :)

Dharken
10-19-2006, 07:37 AM
Speaking of people not being around im moving house tomorrow and ive been told by the phone network that a technician cant come out til 8th november! Rubbish!

Ill try and get them sorted a bit quicker but wont be around much after today

Roland
10-19-2006, 11:20 AM
Heya Roland, I've just finished "A Storm of Swords" and am picking up "A Feast for Crows" today. I can't wait.

Good deal :) I'm only about a 1/3 of the way in atm...and I've been splittling my reading time between a few other titles as well. (something I normally never do) The new Diablo book, "The Sin War, Book One: Birthright" is actually written pretty well for that sort of thing. Keeping me interested :)

I also just recently decided to give a R.A.Salvatore book a try. I started with Exile and now have started "Homeland" the 2nd book in the Dark Elf Trilogy.

So yea...I have quite a bit of reading to do lol.

Btw - Seems that Martin has stated that the Song of Ice and Fire will take approx. 7 books to complete. (which normally means 8-9 heh)

Am also a fan of the Wheel of Time books by Robert Jordan, was waiting since book 5 for the series to be completed, so as to be able to read them without waiting a year or more between. Bit it seems that Jordan was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer in March? and has been trying to fight that and slowly finish the last book.

I'm sure we wish him the very best in his struggle!

@Dharken

Hope you get all hooked up as soon as possible, it's hard to be "dis-connected"...been there :)

I started to be a Public Library vagrant lol (j/k sorta heh)

But be sure to check back in when you can! ;)

Good Hunting Everyone!

ward_rb
10-19-2006, 02:30 PM
I also just recently decided to give a R.A.Salvatore book a try. I started with Exile and now have started "Homeland" the 2nd book in the Dark Elf Trilogy.

ive heard many people blast salvatore for being too generic, but i personally love what ive read so far (homeland, exhile, sojourn, crystal shard, streams of silver, halflings gem, legacy, starless night, siege of darkness, and im about halfway through passage to dawn) Salvatore has a way of making his characters feel...real i guess you could say....and you just want to find out more about them. once i finish all the books in the drizzt series, im definatly going to pick up the sellswords series by him. it takes 2 of the main villains from the drizzt books, and follows their own adventures.

man, now that i think about it my reading list is even more backed up then my game list.:knockout:

Roland
10-19-2006, 02:44 PM
Salvatore has a way of making his characters feel...real i guess you could say....and you just want to find out more about them.

man, now that i think about it my reading list is even more backed up then my game list.:knockout:

I agree and know exactly how you feel :)

Both of my lists are pretty full lol

Games:

Titan Quest (finish Epic at least w/Main/Illusionist)
Diablo 2 (Finish Hell, lvl 72 Zealot)
Neverwinter Nights 2
Hellgate:London
The Witcher
Loki

Books:

George R.R. Martin - "Song of Ice & Fire" books (on book 3)
R.A.Salvatore - Dark Elf Trilogy (on book 2)
Richard A. Knaak - Diablo "Sin War" Trilogy (book 1)
Stephen King - The Regulators & Cell
William King - Daemonslayer (book 3 of the Gotrek and Felix Saga)

That's what's on my nightstand lol...we won't mention the actual bookcase :p

So yea...I can relate ;)

Dharken
10-20-2006, 04:14 AM
Is Hellgate London out yet?!

Roland
10-20-2006, 09:46 AM
Is Hellgate London out yet?!

Ahh no (unfortunately) :(

Sorry if I worded that wrong...I'm anxiously awaiting it as well as NWN2, and actually a game called "Loki" looks very promising to me.

Jeuxvideo.TV : Vidéo Loki (http://www.jeuxvideo.tv/loki-video-24579.html)

Download the video if you can...looks a lot better. If not you'll still get a good idea about the game :)

Aensland
10-22-2006, 03:37 AM
Reply to first post... that's fine Roland, I didn't think I'd stop by again either since TQ is in my dead pile. Salvatore huh. He's okay but I don't really get the urge to reread his books that much. Right now I'm hunting for a couple of Brian Daley books (the Alacrity + Hobart ones), got the middle book of a trilogy and it's driving me nuts :P

Spearthrower
10-22-2006, 03:57 AM
Hey Roland - I havent been by so much recently.... but I still see you post fairly often over at the D2 SP forum :) TQ has definitely led me back into an interest in D2 and I have that to thank it for but I havent played much TQ recently - my HC tourney is dead in the water at the moment because my friends' site has gone down with no explanation.

It's Aensland too! :) Another D2 loon! :D

I've just finished the most recent Robert Jordan book (number 11) (man when is that guy going to finish his series?) and I enjoyed it a lot more than books 6, 7 and 8. I also picked up another Raymond Feist book - the Riftwar series was one of the best fantasies ever - the next lot.... hmmm Emerald Queen series? Cant remember the name - that was good too. After those Feist went downhill big time so I am hoping that he salvaged himself now. You gotta wonder how these people end up selling themselves out and losing the credibility of the beautiful masterpieces they have wrought by churning out endless spin-offs of shoddy workmanship.

Crescent_Hawk
10-22-2006, 07:25 AM
Reply to first post... that's fine Roland, I didn't think I'd stop by again either since TQ is in my dead pile. Salvatore huh. He's okay but I don't really get the urge to reread his books that much. Right now I'm hunting for a couple of Brian Daley books (the Alacrity + Hobart ones), got the middle book of a trilogy and it's driving me nuts :P

@ Aensland
I love Brian Daley's stuff, You will love those books. Damn, I think I'm going to break out my copies and read them again, it's been way too long

@ Roland
The Jordan books are good in the first half, I believe number 9 made me want to burn it. 6-9 are very tough reads. I won't ruin them for you but they are tough to get through. 11 I thought was excellent.

Roland
11-02-2006, 11:57 AM
Hey guys, posted this in another thread about NWN2...but I thought I'd put it here as well. Just as a way to say "Hi" and share the fact that I'll me messing with this game for a bit lol (puts TQ, Sacred, D2 off to the side for a little while)

But I love the community here and I think most of us will find ourselves trying out different games and time goes by. But it always nice to come back to where your friends and and share what's going on :)

So what I have here is a very short, pretty basic review of my opinions and impressions of the first part of the game.

As always, Good Hunting!

;)

------------------------------------------------------

I got NWN2 yesterday (DVD-ROM version) and it installed and patched perfectly. Though the patch did take about 20min to DL and install, lots of server activity I bet heh

Let me just throw this out and get it out of the way...the game reminds me of the combination of 3 different games I've played.

Neverwinter Nights-EQ2-Fable

My comp sems to play it pretty well, I've read several threads of people experiencing severe slow downs. But I'm running it at the default/detected setting of 1024x768 with most options set to high...though low for shadows.
I haven't run FRAPS on it yet but I will soon.

I'm still in the beginning Tutorial area/town, though I'm almost to the end. The game for me has been hard to define. I am still at the VERY start, so there's lots more to try out.

It reminds me much more of Baldur's Gate or the Icewind Dale series, with better graphics, than the faster pace and feel of NWN.

I'll say this...it's not what I expected lol

BUT, that doesn't mean it's a bad RPG, not at all. Only that I expected NWN with better graphics, but with the same feel to it. And this game is much different imo. Again, different should not equal bad.

The camera was initially quite sluggish for my taste...so I adjusted the slide control in the options menue and it's much better. I need to mess with the different opitions and settings before I decide completely how I feel about it. I do seem to be dealing with the camera much more than I ever did in NWN, I'll keep messing with it heh

The story and NPC interactions seem to be done very well. The voice work is also top notch (thus far) imo

Mixed feelings about the Henchmen issue...in some ways it's a nice throwback to the party based RPG's of the past, BUT imo I think they should of given us the player the "Option" as to have them with us or not. Apparently there is NO way to rid yourself of them completely if you cared to. This I feel is a mistake. But it's a mistake that will onlt effet the OC, I'm sure there will be many moduals created where you venture Solo, so not that big of a deal I guess.

The Character models are actually better than I fist thought they would be from the in-game videos and screenshots. Though they do in many ways remind me more of EQ2 than the original NWN models.

I was able to create a very cool Fighter with Grey hair/black highlights & black gotie(sp?) and beard, named Ash

Roland will be a Paladin heh

I'll post more once I get farther into the game

IMO it's completely worth the purchase if you like RPG's, I'd suggest though, that you judge the game on it's own merrits and try not to compair it against what expectations you may of had.

That seems to working best for me heh

Hope everyone is doing well...Friday Night Eve tonight!!!

Regards,